Requests: General [A]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Moderation Queries and Feedback

Postby jamescfm » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:36 pm

As I mentioned in the post we're trying the change out to see how it goes and how it affects the general experience. In the past there were a few additional reasons that an account might've been inactivated including the request of a nationmaster and as a matter of last resort if they were not contributing to role-play.

When we were discussing changing the rules on inactivation we did consider changing the rules in a broader way (i.e. bringing back some of these other clauses or creating new similar ones). For the moment we're going to leave the rules as they are and when we've had some time to observe the impacts we'll think about whether to keep the inactivation period at four days and whether to add some other provisions.
jamescfm

Postby Aquinas » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:11 am

Auditorii is posting in the New Englia thread as though he has assumed control of it, despite the fact he did not apply for control on the Third World Control Requests thread, and is not listed as New Englia's controller on the Third World Information thread. An explanation for this would be appreciated.

Also, Auditorii has broken with the established precedent of referring to the English/Luthori speaking Protestants/Englesians as "Inglians", and taken to labelling them "Luthorians" instead. This is somewhat confusing, as most of the Inglian population has its roots in Kirlawa, not Luthori. For more information, please see the thread's first news post, especially the first section.
Aquinas

Postby Auditorii » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:32 pm

Aquinas wrote:Auditorii is posting in the New Englia thread as though he has assumed control of it, despite the fact he did not apply for control on the Third World Control Requests thread, and is not listed as New Englia's controller on the Third World Information thread. An explanation for this would be appreciated.

Also, Auditorii has broken with the established precedent of referring to the English/Luthori speaking Protestants/Englesians as "Inglians", and taken to labelling them "Luthorians" instead. This is somewhat confusing, as most of the Inglian population has its roots in Kirlawa, not Luthori. For more information, please see the thread's first news post, especially the first section.

As we've (Moderation) discussed several times and at various lengths, the role of Third World Coordinator affords the person the ability to jump around to non-controlled nations. I've temporarily taken over nations in the past to jump start RP, hence what is being done here.

Second, Kilani is the RLE equivalent for Irish; Onglian is a native term for the Irish culture in New Englia. Inglian, are just labeled as "British" and Luthorian is also present in the country as per the Third World Index. Having only one, short post in, I dont think its fair at all to say I've run contrary to anything considering I haven't time to develop anything nor build a concise story.

That being said, there is a method to the madness here and I appreciate your concern.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Aquinas » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:10 am

Auditorii wrote:
Aquinas wrote:Auditorii is posting in the New Englia thread as though he has assumed control of it, despite the fact he did not apply for control on the Third World Control Requests thread, and is not listed as New Englia's controller on the Third World Information thread. An explanation for this would be appreciated.

As we've (Moderation) discussed several times and at various lengths, the role of Third World Coordinator affords the person the ability to jump around to non-controlled nations. I've temporarily taken over nations in the past to jump start RP, hence what is being done here.

Second, Kilani is the RLE equivalent for Irish; Onglian is a native term for the Irish culture in New Englia. Inglian, are just labeled as "British" and Luthorian is also present in the country as per the Third World Index. Having only one, short post in, I dont think its fair at all to say I've run contrary to anything considering I haven't time to develop anything nor build a concise story.

That being said, there is a method to the madness here and I appreciate your concern.

It states nowhere in the Game Rules or other game documentation that the Third World Coordinator is entitled to take RP control of non-controlled Third World nations.

If you had familiarised yourself with and respected New Englia's RP background, you would appreciate, for example, that it makes no sense, for example, for the governing party to be called the "Luthori Unionist Party". There are few people in New Englia who would identify as "Luthori". As previously explained, the English/Luthori speaking Protestants/Englesians identify as "Inglians". Most of this Inglian population has its roots in Kirlawa, not Luthori, which makes describing them as "Luthori" particularly confusing.

As someone who has put time and effort in to developing New Englia (Phil Piratin is me, of course), I would prefer to see the work I did respected. I am surprised and disappointed that you, as a Moderator and the Third World Co-ordinator, are appearing to trample over it. I recall also that you treated Noumonde, the other Third World Nation I have devoted time to, in a similar way when you made a bizarre decision (thankfully now reversed) to unilaterally change its main culture from Malagasy to Malaysian.

The management of Third World RP needs to be taken more seriously than this, and I know I am not alone in wishing the Moderation Team would open the recruitment process for appointing a new Third World Coordinator.

Auditorii wrote:That being said, there is a method to the madness here and I appreciate your concern.

Besides being rather rude, this remark contributes to a growing picture of your tendency towards passive aggressive behaviour.
Aquinas

Postby Rogue » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:56 am

I would agree with Aquinas that the Third World Co-Ordinator role needs to be split from the moderating team and would thus end up in the hands of a deidcated player. It makes no sense for one individual on the game to accumulate such authority.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Auditorii » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:47 am

We'll take your comments and concerns under advisement and discuss them.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Aquinas » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:27 am

I would appreciate an update on the New Englia situation. To be specific, my hope is that either Auditorii's Luthori references on the New Englia thread will be removed, or a Moderation note will be posted on the thread clarifying that that part of the RP is void.

Again, there is no large/significant population in New Englia which would identify itself as "Luthori". Those references make no sense and undermine the integrity of New Englia's previous RP (which, I might add, goes back years before I personally began RPing the nation).
Aquinas

Postby Auditorii » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:11 pm

Aquinas wrote:I would appreciate an update on the New Englia situation. To be specific, my hope is that either Auditorii's Luthori references on the New Englia thread will be removed, or a Moderation note will be posted on the thread clarifying that that part of the RP is void.

Again, there is no large/significant population in New Englia which would identify itself as "Luthori". Those references make no sense and undermine the integrity of New Englia's previous RP (which, I might add, goes back years before I personally began RPing the nation).

I'm going to update the description of the Third World to better reflect the situation in New Englia. Im not entirely sure when it was changed to read what it currently but I'll be editing it and adjusting the RP going forward to reflect as such.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Aquinas » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:41 pm

Auditorii wrote:
Aquinas wrote:I would appreciate an update on the New Englia situation. To be specific, my hope is that either Auditorii's Luthori references on the New Englia thread will be removed, or a Moderation note will be posted on the thread clarifying that that part of the RP is void.

I'm going to update the description of the Third World to better reflect the situation in New Englia. Im not entirely sure when it was changed to read what it currently but I'll be editing it and adjusting the RP going forward to reflect as such.

That response was so vague I cannot establish whether you are agreeing with me or taking the opposite position.
Aquinas

Postby Auditorii » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:57 pm

Aquinas wrote:
Auditorii wrote:

That response was so vague I cannot establish whether you are agreeing with me or taking the opposite position.

I'm sorry you felt it was vague. Ill spell it out more plainly for you: I see where thr mistake happened, I'll correct it.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

PreviousNext

Return to Requests