Requests: General [A]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Questions & Requests

Postby MichaelReilly » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:40 pm

Amazeroth wrote:What you can't do, though, is to create a situation in which the mere exaction of game mechanics would constitute approval of a given RP.

I think this quote simply sums up everything that has happened.
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:50 pm

Amazeroth wrote:Meaning that you can't go and say that just by forming opposition (as in forming a party not in line with your party's ideology or political goals) the other player has consented to your RP.

I'm not talking about the existence of non-government parties; I'm talking about persons who will claim that the government is illegitimate.
If it is the in-character declaration that the government will deal with opposition a certain way, and players choose to oppose, then they are playing the role of the non-conformist opposition parties that someone like Pinochet would have gotten rid of.

There are game variables that could be interpreted to back this if a combination of them is in effect.

The Government's position towards the administration of law.
- There are no courts, the Head of State will determine what's right or wrong.

The right to appeal against a judgement rendered by a court.
- All judgements are final and binding; appealing against them is not possible.

Parliamentary Privilege
- Members of the national legislative body are not exempt from any civil or criminal liability for their speech or actions during their term of office.
- Members of the national legislative body are exempted from any civil or criminal liability fot their speech or actions, but this immunity can be overruled by a vote in the nation's legislative body.

Especially in the case of a Militant Theocracy:

Government policy with respect to the death penalty.
- Religious doctrine determines the death penalty.
- The death penalty is applied to most minor and all major criminal offences.

State penalties for blasphemy
- Both Private and Public Blasphemy are considered grave offenses, and are heavily prosecuted.
- Public Blasphemy is considered a criminal offense.

Government policy concerning religions.
- There is an official state religion, and membership is mandatory.

Discrimination in the military on race/religious grounds
- Candidates must be of a certain race/religion to have any place in the military.

--

Aren't players obligated to ensure that their characters abide by the laws of their nations, except in the case where they deliberately intend to get them arrested as some form of RP? If someone deliberately disregards the laws, and pretends to be invincible (and unable to be arrested), that is god-moding.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Amazeroth » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:46 pm

Siggon Kristov wrote:
Amazeroth wrote:Meaning that you can't go and say that just by forming opposition (as in forming a party not in line with your party's ideology or political goals) the other player has consented to your RP.

I'm not talking about the existence of non-government parties; I'm talking about persons who will claim that the government is illegitimate.
If it is the in-character declaration that the government will deal with opposition a certain way, and players choose to oppose, then they are playing the role of the non-conformist opposition parties that someone like Pinochet would have gotten rid of.

If they claim that the government is illegitimate (and there's nothing that would make it more probable that they're getting at something else than because it's essentially a junta), yes, they've accepted the RP and are bound to it, as long as there's no good reason not to consent anymore.
Eines Tages traf Karl der Große eine alte Frau.
"Guten Tag, alte Frau", sagte Karl der Große.
"Guten Tag, Karl der Große", sagte die alte Frau.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Postby kawn! » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:54 pm

I have control over the HOS, the HOG, and the cabinet, as well as 54% of the legislature. Out of curiosity, how does this Republican-Monarchist civil war RP work when neither side has any position of power via game mechanics. How do they win? How do they lose? What is at stake? Can they appoint themselves the rightful ruler of Darnussia in spite of the game mechanics saying they're not? The RP civil war was dependent on the Republicans being able to change the game mechanics to make Darnussia a Republic.
kawn!

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:07 pm

kawn! wrote:Out of curiosity, how does this Republican-Monarchist civil war RP work when neither side has any position of power via game mechanics. How do they win? How do they lose? What is at stake?

This has to be discussed out-of-character, and rules have to be agreed on by all parties before it can be decided what is at stake.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby kawn! » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:45 pm

Well, in my case I am not to interfere with the other Darnussian party's RP, so I am not involved in that discussion. So, whatever they end up with, I don't know how it can work seeing as how I have everything. Can they RP something that directly contradicts the game mechanics?
kawn!

Postby Amazeroth » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:40 pm

kawn! wrote:I have control over the HOS, the HOG, and the cabinet, as well as 54% of the legislature. Out of curiosity, how does this Republican-Monarchist civil war RP work when neither side has any position of power via game mechanics. How do they win? How do they lose? What is at stake? Can they appoint themselves the rightful ruler of Darnussia in spite of the game mechanics saying they're not? The RP civil war was dependent on the Republicans being able to change the game mechanics to make Darnussia a Republic.

I don't know which system they used before you came, but I'm sure that it doesn't break down when one side has a majority. But as far as I know, the RP was never dependent on being able to change game mechanics, especially since there's no reason to consider your position of power to be permanent.

kawn! wrote:Well, in my case I am not to interfere with the other Darnussian party's RP, so I am not involved in that discussion. So, whatever they end up with, I don't know how it can work seeing as how I have everything. Can they RP something that directly contradicts the game mechanics?

You don't have everything. You don't have the HoS - the HoS is now just "." since the RP convention that was there before, considering whoever was designated in the title the HoS, no longer works since you broke part of that RP. And either they find a way to ignore you, or you'll have to work with them.
And yes, you can RP pretty much everything, even if it contradicts the game mechanics, as long as there's initial consent.
Eines Tages traf Karl der Große eine alte Frau.
"Guten Tag, alte Frau", sagte Karl der Große.
"Guten Tag, Karl der Große", sagte die alte Frau.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Postby kawn! » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:18 am

Old value:: Her Imperial Majesty and Her Royal Highness Erikka I of Narikaton and III of Darnussia, Empress of Narikaton and Queen of Darnussia

Current: Kaiser William Cross of Luthori, Commander in Chief, and Defender of the Faith

Proposed: Kaiser William Cross of Luthori, Commander in Chief, and Defender of the Faith
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=391847

This bill passed in Darnussia with 2/3rds, William Cross is my character, the title of HOS was specifically changed to my character. I am the rightful HOS of Darnussia. The HOS is not Kaiser(.) with the idea that eventually it will be an elected position. If this is ignored, then so be it.
kawn!

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:29 am

kawn! wrote:Old value:: Her Imperial Majesty and Her Royal Highness Erikka I of Narikaton and III of Darnussia, Empress of Narikaton and Queen of Darnussia

Current: Kaiser William Cross of Luthori, Commander in Chief, and Defender of the Faith

Proposed: Kaiser William Cross of Luthori, Commander in Chief, and Defender of the Faith
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=391847

This bill passed in Darnussia with 2/3rds, William Cross is my character, the title of HOS was specifically changed to my character. I am the rightful HOS of Darnussia. The HOS is not Kaiser(.) with the idea that eventually it will be an elected position. If this is ignored, then so be it.

Wow, Khaler voted in favour of that bill :shock:
Still, until it's an elected position, you can't really control the character that much (I think, I'm not sure). The character is to remain apolitical, I believe.
What's strange is that it's a non-elected "Kaiser" and you're supposed to be Republican?
Does Luthori have any, even slight, recognition of your character as its Kaiser? I thought you were on the side of the Republicans in Luthori as well.
Siggon Kristov

Postby kawn! » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:45 am

Yeah, Duke Matthus, before I epically defeated him would disagree, but I digress. Whatever the rules happen to be, I am the entire government of Darnussia. Now, Darnussian parties can RP whatever they want, but just because they have the right doesn't mean its smart. In fact, its the most (unsmart) dishonorable thing ever.

I proposed the bill to get rid of the Monarch, but a treaty blocked my attempt to make it an elected official, so that is why you have that result. I'm not uncool like some parties are that simply add a "." making the HOS basically vacant. I was going to vote for a Republic bill to make it a true Republic, but I'm feeling kind of pissed off right now. The only side I am, is the side of awesome.

(Disclaimer) I am just having a conversation. I am not implying any RP factual information. You can edit the Wiki and/or forums however you want, and I am not making any official claims.
kawn!

PreviousNext

Return to Requests