Requests: General [A]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Questions & Requests

Postby SelucianCrusader » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:03 am

Maximus wrote:It is legal for another party to keep forcing through early elections? I started a new party in Malivia but the other party has passed an early election bill every time they get online and I have not been able to get visibility on anything because I haven't been able to pass a single bill. They don't propose any bills either, just the early elections, three in the past two days. Doesn't this go against the game rule against spamming bills that serve no valid purpose? It is quite obvious that the other party is abusing the in game mechanic for early elections to prevent me from ever gaining any visibility and thus preventing me from ever being able to be a contender in elections.

Oh boy, this again!*

It's not against the rules. That's a viable tactic to keep new players out. However, it is not impregnable - after a while his visibility will decrease to zero as well, so if you are determined to take Malivia, you can stay there and do some RP for some month or so, and then get a chance. If you really wish to gain seats somewhere though, I suggest you move to another nation, maybe one nearby with just a few players or so? Or some nation with a rich lore and quite a few players?

*the irony is, that the player you are referring to is an ex-moderator, and the last time the issue was raised, it was an active moderator, so it seems to be custom for those who have tasted true power to squabble with newbies about this tactic. :P
SelucianCrusader

Postby Aquinas » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:49 am

SelucianCrusader wrote:
Maximus wrote:It is legal for another party to keep forcing through early elections? I started a new party in Malivia but the other party has passed an early election bill every time they get online and I have not been able to get visibility on anything because I haven't been able to pass a single bill. They don't propose any bills either, just the early elections, three in the past two days. Doesn't this go against the game rule against spamming bills that serve no valid purpose? It is quite obvious that the other party is abusing the in game mechanic for early elections to prevent me from ever gaining any visibility and thus preventing me from ever being able to be a contender in elections.

Oh boy, this again!*

It's not against the rules. That's a viable tactic to keep new players out. However, it is not impregnable - after a while his visibility will decrease to zero as well, so if you are determined to take Malivia, you can stay there and do some RP for some month or so, and then get a chance. If you really wish to gain seats somewhere though, I suggest you move to another nation, maybe one nearby with just a few players or so? Or some nation with a rich lore and quite a few players?

*the irony is, that the player you are referring to is an ex-moderator, and the last time the issue was raised, it was an active moderator, so it seems to be custom for those who have tasted true power to squabble with newbies about this tactic. :P

I gave Zanz such a hard time over doing this that, in order to be fair and balanced, I should probably do the same to Amazeroth. But I lack the energy, other than to glower at him disapprovingly and yell "Amazeroth, why didn't you explain all of this to the poor guy!"

Selcrus is right, I'm afraid, Maximus. You have my personal sympathy, but this tactic is legal under the game rules so there is nothing you can do about it. The good news is that if you are very patient, keep trying to pass Bills and wait long enough, eventually the other party's visibility will go down and you will start to win seats. Alternatively, you always have the option of playing in another nation.

By the way, I notice that Malivia is also Cabinet locked. This means the constitution has been set so that that only the Head of State can propose a Cabinet, even though the Head of State is a hereditary monarch. So effectively, you cannot change the composition of the current Cabinet unless you win a two-thirds majority in order to change the law about proposing Cabinets.
Aquinas

Postby Amazeroth » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:02 am

I'm sorry, I didn't realise you were new at this game - after all, your entries in the newspapers didn't look like the works of a new player to me. I'll send you a pm in-game.
Eines Tages traf Karl der Große eine alte Frau.
"Guten Tag, alte Frau", sagte Karl der Große.
"Guten Tag, Karl der Große", sagte die alte Frau.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Postby IdioC » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:52 pm

Maximus, it is a very complicated story, but yes, they are allowed because the game mechanics permit it. I admit it is a very contentious issue.

Credit to Amazeroth to taking the time to PM you to explain the details.
What is that weird Jelbék language what I types with me computer buttons?

"Kae orzy sedrijohylakmek, megàmojylakjek, frjomimek. Kaerjoshu zri? Afrkmojad firja, Kae grzy Zykhiko ajozuo zri?"
IdioC

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:19 pm

I'm trying to get people (from school) to get interested in this. I had a lecturer who looked interested, and I have friends who'd play (but we're afraid of multi-ing accusations).

I'm bored alone in Lodamun, and anyone who joins... I'd beg them to come here.
Usually, players sharing an IP would have to be in different nations, right?
What can be done, exactly?

You should know my home IP based on login time, separate from the IPs I use on school days (not Friday).
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Amazeroth » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:57 am

Siggon Kristov wrote:I'm trying to get people (from school) to get interested in this. I had a lecturer who looked interested, and I have friends who'd play (but we're afraid of multi-ing accusations).

I'm bored alone in Lodamun, and anyone who joins... I'd beg them to come here.
Usually, players sharing an IP would have to be in different nations, right?
What can be done, exactly?

You should know my home IP based on login time, separate from the IPs I use on school days (not Friday).

You can play in the same nation as well. All you'd have to do is fill out the usual form.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Postby MichaelReilly » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:58 am

Yeah, quick question;

Is it legal for a nation to vote in favour of 'foreign intervention', then send a player into another nation who votes solely for visibility, then implements their own agenda within that nation, claiming to be an 'occupation force' and inserts their own heads of state etc, despite the receiving nation rejecting the wish to RP in such a matter. The 'occupation force' continues to communicate and take orders from his host country.

I fear it is completely within the rules, however it surely must violate the 'International RP' section of the rules, as the nation being explicitly 'occupied' has not consented, as well as the nation doing the occupying having explicitly stated that they will do such a thing in a bill.

Just wish to clear it up, and if it is against the rules, kick his dirty, unethical cheating arse out of my nation.

EDIT: As a pretty perfect example:

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=391850
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=391195
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=391848

ANOTHER EDIT: They have refused all RP, and instead did this. You all must be pretty aware of how important RP is to Darnussia, and being rather strict around how constitutional changes are handled due to the complex nature of our nation. When this began, we offered to RP with them at the very least in order to lend credibility to anything changes, which was rejected. And so we rejected their 'intervention'. Therefore it is a violation of international RP rules, and any participating players in Darnussia must be removed.
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

Postby Amazeroth » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:27 pm

Basically, all the RP they do is invalid. As the rules clearly state, internal RP as well as external has to be consensual, meaning that all the parties in the nation(s) have to consent. Since this is clearly not the case, with the Tory Party not consenting in Luthori, and you and the rest of the Darnussians in Darnussia, the RP is not valid.
Furthermore, knowing how evolved the RP is in Darnussia, it is exceptionally bad taste to go there, ignore everything, and try to enforce your own RP that nobody there wants.

I'll message them and tell them to leave it. If they don't, report and they'll be banned from Darnussia.
Amazeroth

Postby Fred » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:40 pm

I don't think they care, Amazeroth. There seems to be an assumption on their part that they can force these things, and disregard such rules as they please. MichaelReilly already told them that RP had to be consensual weeks ago (as did I), and was rebuffed/ignored: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=391195
Fred

Postby MichaelReilly » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:55 pm

Yeah, they have already ignored us, but hopefully now moderation is involved, they will cease.

If it does continue however, I will put in a formal complaint and have it remedied.

Cheers for the help and support guys.
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

PreviousNext

Return to Requests