Requests: General [A]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Moderation Queries and Feedback

Postby jamescfm » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:33 pm

If you're talking about this bill here then definitely the flag has not been changed because you didn't follow the steps outlined in the previous posts. In order to change the flag you need to find the variable entitled "The national flag (URL)" (as DueWizard helpfully explained to you above) and change this variable to the URL of the new flag. Simply pasting the URL into the bill description will not achieve anything in this regard.

Hope this helps and let us know if you have further questions.
jamescfm

Re: Inappropriate Real-Life/Ridiculous/Offensive Variables

Postby Endraloncracy » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:23 pm

Hello Moderation!,

As the Liberális Polgárpárt, we have a complaint against the Renewal Party User, "jackist". Abusing its absolute majority, and fearing that new parties may win the head of state elections, the Renewal Party:
* Prohibited us from even forming a cabinet to any party.
* Now, the Head of State has kept the name of its current candidate permanently and is a hereditary monarchy.
* Furthermore, its Head of State, Government, and all of its current cabinet minister names have nothing to do with our Cultural Protocol (Hungarian and Croatian).

So,we ask you that the Renewal Party user, jackist, receives a respective sanction or suspension of the account for playing in an undemocratic and disrespectful way towards other new players who try to have healthy fun.
What motivation do we have if an old and inhospitable player monopolizes all power and so unfairly prohibits all new parties from competing democratically in the Endralon nation? his way of playing is so disrespectful and ridiculous. We urge you to take proper corrective action.
Thank you very much.

Renewal Party link: http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... rtyid=4461
Endraloncracy

Re: Inappropriate Real-Life/Ridiculous/Offensive Variables

Postby jamescfm » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:41 pm

Endraloncracy wrote:Hello Moderation!,

As the Liberális Polgárpárt, we have a complaint against the Renewal Party User, "jackist". Abusing its absolute majority, and fearing that new parties may win the head of state elections, the Renewal Party:
* Prohibited us from even forming a cabinet to any party.
* Now, the Head of State has kept the name of its current candidate permanently and is a hereditary monarchy.
* Furthermore, its Head of State, Government, and all of its current cabinet minister names have nothing to do with our Cultural Protocol (Hungarian and Croatian).

So,we ask you that the Renewal Party user, jackist, receives a respective sanction or suspension of the account for playing in an undemocratic and disrespectful way towards other new players who try to have healthy fun.
What motivation do we have if an old and inhospitable player monopolizes all power and so unfairly prohibits all new parties from competing democratically in the Endralon nation? his way of playing is so disrespectful and ridiculous. We urge you to take proper corrective action.
Thank you very much.

Renewal Party link: http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... rtyid=4461

The player has been notified about the cabinet locking and the ridiculous names however it is worth noting that Endralon does not have a cultural protocol (see the Cultural Protocols Index) and players are welcome to use whatever names they please in that country (within reason).
jamescfm

Postby DueWizard70 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:49 pm

Hey!

I hate to do this because I feel like a j*rk. However, I feel like I need to report user jacoback545. As I am sure many people have found out, they are going through many forums and posting a list of links to Balenciaga, Nike, etc. I find this especially annoying because many of these posts are in RP topics. I was wondering if there is something that can be done about someone who is clearly a troll.

Thanks!
People's Front Kundrati -ACTIVE (4731-4889, 5142-)
Institutional Reform Party Baltusia-INACTIVE (4889-4896)
Demokratische Hosianer von Dorvik Dorvik-INACTIVE (4908-4918)
Third World Controler of Utembo(4851-4953)
DueWizard70

Postby jamescfm » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:09 pm

Thanks, there's no need to worry about reporting and the player has been permabanned. From time to time we get people spamming advertising posts in the forum and these players are always immediately banned when they are spotted.
jamescfm

Postby DueWizard70 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:55 am

Hey!

Can something be done about user Bertha Gard(i)ner? I know it's early but I want to avoid their actions becoming more widespread. What they're doing is that they are creating new topics in "Off-Topic" and announcing stuff (rn its rings and shoes) in french.

Thanks in advance!
People's Front Kundrati -ACTIVE (4731-4889, 5142-)
Institutional Reform Party Baltusia-INACTIVE (4889-4896)
Demokratische Hosianer von Dorvik Dorvik-INACTIVE (4908-4918)
Third World Controler of Utembo(4851-4953)
DueWizard70

Postby jamescfm » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:58 am

As I said last time we remove spam as soon as we notice it and ban the accounts associated it, you don't need to worry about reporting it every time.
jamescfm

Re: RP Law Questions and Requests (Approvals/Dismissals)

Postby Titan » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:02 pm

In the case of a Monarchy with an elected governor-general, premier, representative etc, who is considered the HOS when it comes to the country law of HOS may confer titles of nobility? We have a case where the owner of the monarchy is at odds with a republican party that is the elected governor-general on granting titles of nobility. As per country laws, it would appear that the elected HOS should be the one to confer titles but RP-wise it would make more realistic sense for the actual king or queen to confer those rights. What if the governor-general confers titles of nobility in opposition to the wishes of the Monarch? Additionally, how does this nobility title scenario play out if there is an RP civil war in the country between monarchists and republicans?
Titan

Postby jamescfm » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:45 pm

Titan wrote:In the case of a Monarchy with an elected governor-general, premier, representative etc, who is considered the HOS when it comes to the country law of HOS may confer titles of nobility? We have a case where the owner of the monarchy is at odds with a republican party that is the elected governor-general on granting titles of nobility. As per country laws, it would appear that the elected HOS should be the one to confer titles but RP-wise it would make more realistic sense for the actual king or queen to confer those rights. What if the governor-general confers titles of nobility in opposition to the wishes of the Monarch? Additionally, how does this nobility title scenario play out if there is an RP civil war in the country between monarchists and republicans?

As you note there is an in-game variable that stipulates whether titles of nobility can be granted and who may grant them. If the variable is set to "Titles of nobility may be granted only by the Head of State" (which I assume it is otherwise you wouldn't be asking the question) then absent any other role-play laws it would be up to the player who controls the head of state position in-game. The monarch may object but the law would take precedent in this case.

If you wanted the monarch personally to be able to grant titles of nobility then you would probably have two options. Either you would need to pass a law making clear that it is the monarch who has the power and not the governor-general (or equivalent), or else you would formally need to make the monarch the head of state.

The last question probably needs some expanding for me to be able to answer it satisfactorily but I'll try and offer a general response. In the case of a major role-play event- like a civil war- all players involved would need to consent to the role-play. Ideally in the process of doing so and figuring out the outline of the role-play narrative, the players role-playing each side of the conflict would reach an agreement on something like this.
jamescfm

Postby Titan » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:02 pm

Not to sound argumentative but it seems that it would be common-sense "implied" that the monarch and not the governor-general confers titles of nobility. I can't imagine an RL scenario where that wouldn't be the case. It would mean the monarch only has power if the elected governor-general cooperates. But I won't argue the case further and will simply wait until a monarchist party becomes the elected governor-general for any additional titles.
Titan

PreviousNext

Return to Requests