Requests: General [A]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Moderation/GRC Queries

Postby Aquinas » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:10 pm

I'm just a little curious about what the situation is regarding Istapali. Three issues.

1. According to the Third World Control Register, Istapali is under the control of cm9777 and Lewis, but it has just been handed to OrangeCrusader.

2. According to the Third World Information Thread, Istapali is defined as:

Official Name: Federal Republic of Istapali
Culture: Aztec with German colonial overlay (kinda like a German Mexico)
Official languages: Dundorfian (German)
Most spoken languages: Istapali (Nahuatl)
Political System: Presidential Republic

When OrangeCrusader applied for (and was awarded) control of Istapali, the plan he outlined was rather different to this:

I would like to apply for control of Istapali.

My plan is to RP a multiethnic nation populated by an Istochniak majority searching for their identity as a people along with a Zergonese and Tokundian minority seeking to partition the land and culturally absord the Istochniak population into their respective spheres of influence.

There will be a uneasy peace in the beginning due to the presence of benevolent dictatorship which strives to unite the people as one but eventually the dictatorship will fall and be replaced by a unstable parliamentary republic before a full scale civil war breaks out. When the civil war ends there will more uncertainty than before the war began.

If this is under the control of someone else do please send me a list of openings. If an opening is found great. As for the scenario I would like to keep it as it is.

Thank You

According to our Real Life Equivalents Index, Istochniak are Bosnians, Zergonese are Croatians and Tokundians are Serbs. In other words, no obvious sign here of a recognition of Aztec culture!

Can Moderation/RP Committee confirm a decision has been taken to change Istapali's culture in this way? To be clear, I have no strong personal view on this, although I do happen to think that, ideally, radical changes to the cultures of third world nations should be prominently announced on the forum.

3. Istapali now has 2 news threads (here and here), so you might want to consider whether they should be merged.
Aquinas

Postby Luis1p » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:29 pm

Aquinas wrote:I'm just a little curious about what the situation is regarding Istapali. Three issues.

1. According to the Third World Control Register, Istapali is under the control of cm9777 and Lewis, but it has just been handed to OrangeCrusader.

When OrangeCrusader applied for (and was awarded) control of Istapali, the plan he outlined was rather different to this:

My plan is to RP a multiethnic nation populated by an Istochniak majority searching for their identity as a people along with a Zergonese and Tokundian minority seeking to partition the land and culturally absord the Istochniak population into their respective spheres of influence.

There will be a uneasy peace in the beginning due to the presence of benevolent dictatorship which strives to unite the people as one but eventually the dictatorship will fall and be replaced by a unstable parliamentary republic before a full scale civil war breaks out. When the civil war ends there will more uncertainty than before the war began.

If this is under the control of someone else do please send me a list of openings. If an opening is found great. As for the scenario I would like to keep it as it is.

Thank You

According to our Real Life Equivalents Index, Istochniak are Bosnians, Zergonese are Croatians and Tokundians are Serbs. In other words, no obvious sign here of a recognition of Aztec culture!

Can Moderation/RP Committee confirm a decision has been taken to change Istapali's culture in this way? To be clear, I have no strong personal view on this, although I do happen to think that, ideally, radical changes to the cultures of third world nations should be prominently announced on the forum.

3. Istapali now has 2 news threads (here and here), so you might want to consider whether they should be merged.

Thanks for pointing that out.

1. Istapali was handed over to OrangeCrusader as a result of low use and low RP from Lewis and cm99777. Both of them seem to be in agreement with this decision.

2. The player has been PMed on the options that he has with the country or to play out his scenario in a different country that would make more sense with his chosen cultures. Ultimately, it's his/her decision on what to do now that the options have been layed down. However, I will be following up on the RP to ensure that there are no drastic changes to Istapali's culture.

3. That is moderation's decision, yet it's most likely that they will merge them together.
Luis1p

Postby Aquinas » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:51 pm

Luis1p wrote:
Aquinas wrote:I'm just a little curious about what the situation is regarding Istapali. Three issues.

Thank You

Thanks for pointing that out.

1. Istapali was handed over to OrangeCrusader as a result of low use and low RP from Lewis and cm99777. Both of them seem to be in agreement with this decision.

2. The player has been PMed on the options that he has with the country or to play out his scenario in a different country that would make more sense with his chosen cultures. Ultimately, it's his/her decision on what to do now that the options have been layed down. However, I will be following up on the RP to ensure that there are no drastic changes to Istapali's culture.

3. That is moderation's decision, yet it's most likely that they will merge them together.

Thanks, Luis1p. I presume, then, that Istapali remains "Aztec with German colonial overlay"?

One other request: please could the Mods kindly rename Noumonde's news thread to "Noumonde News Service". Thanks.
Aquinas

Postby Luis1p » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:31 pm

Aquinas wrote:
Thanks, Luis1p. I presume, then, that Istapali remains "Aztec with German colonial overlay"?

One other request: please could the Mods kindly rename Noumonde's news thread to "Noumonde News Service". Thanks.

Yes, it will remain as is. However, if in any case there is to be any type of culture change or mix, we will certainly let people on the forums know.

Thanks again :mrgreen:
Luis1p

Postby Aquinas » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:32 pm

Luis1p wrote:
Aquinas wrote:

Yes, it will remain as is. However, if in any case there is to be any type of culture change or mix, we will certainly let people on the forums know.

Thanks again :mrgreen:

Pleased to here that - thank you! :)
Aquinas

Postby Occam » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:47 pm

FPC wrote:
Aquinas wrote:
lewiselder1 wrote:Interesting. That suggests that perhaps it’s intended to be interpreted as; ‘One of the following must apply’ by ‘all’ because of the wording change, arguably. Or perhaps it’s just a wording change.

I’ll look into it with cm and Polites :)

I believe you will find it is just a poor rewording of the previous rule. Otherwise, for example, accounts could be routinely inactivated after 48 hours of inactivity or where the party description field has not been filled in.

or maybe its not

Have you resolved how the rule will be interpreted by Moderation? I'd say linguistically both readings are possible. The "can be deactivated if he didn't do at least one thing" seems like the more natural reading to me and the one that makes more sense as a rule than "can be deactivated if he didn't do all things".
Permanently gone.
Occam

Postby House Spencer » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:12 pm

Moderation should make the rule clear

but please dont inactivate for no party desc :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
House Spencer

Postby House Spencer » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:22 am

House Spencer

Postby Aquinas » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:34 am

Aquinas wrote:One other request: please could the Mods kindly rename Noumonde's news thread to "Noumonde News Service". Thanks.

In case you missed this, Mods. Thanks.
Aquinas

Postby Polites » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:46 am

Aquinas wrote:
Aquinas wrote:One other request: please could the Mods kindly rename Noumonde's news thread to "Noumonde News Service". Thanks.

In case you missed this, Mods. Thanks.

It's already called "Noumonde News Service". I think another mod may have changed it?
Polites

PreviousNext

Return to Requests