Requests: General [A]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Questions & Requests

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:48 pm

Questioning this on the grounds of the Pax Cynica, Articles 4.1.4.2 and 4.1.4.3

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=355713

A naughty player wrote:You'll forgive me, but pretty much 80% of people who've come to Sekowo since the passing of the First Generation parties have either screwed things-up or intentionally :cry: the country over.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Urien » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:06 pm

I don't see much of a problem here. The word "fuck" was used in a non-insulting manner.
Urien

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:20 pm

Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Farsun » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:43 pm

Siggon Kristov wrote:European Football?
Irish Elk?

http://classic.particracy.net/viewnatio ... ationid=17

Another nation blatantly violating the cultural protocols.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Valdštejn » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:52 am

They have been messaged about this.
Valdštejn

Postby Siggon Kristov » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:38 pm

The following bills are unrealistic to the political culture dictated by game mechanics. They're based on a cult of personality of a single player, and they strip the nation of the already-existing French culture.

This first one is specifically what I'm talking about, a ridiculous change in the nation's name. The citizens would neer settle for any "Divine and Supreme Imperial" system.

This one isn't bad, because it's just changing the city names, but it kills the French culture, and that is obvious.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Valdštejn » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:05 pm

Siggon Kristov wrote:The following bills are unrealistic to the political culture dictated by game mechanics. They're based on a cult of personality of a single player, and they strip the nation of the already-existing French culture.

This first one is specifically what I'm talking about, a ridiculous change in the nation's name. The citizens would neer settle for any "Divine and Supreme Imperial" system.

This one isn't bad, because it's just changing the city names, but it kills the French culture, and that is obvious.

The city names won't be changed as long as the player doesn't refute the cultural protocols - which he could easily do, though, as he is the only player with seats in Lourenne - the nation's name is not against the rules, though, and neither is the cult of personality, possible stupidity aside.
Valdštejn

Postby Siggon Kristov » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:16 pm

Valdštejn wrote:
Siggon Kristov wrote:The following bills are unrealistic to the political culture dictated by game mechanics. They're based on a cult of personality of a single player, and they strip the nation of the already-existing French culture.

The city names won't be changed as long as the player doesn't refute the cultural protocols - which he could easily do, though, as he is the only player with seats in Lourenne - the nation's name is not against the rules, though, and neither is the cult of personality, possible stupidity aside.

I don't think the nation name is stupid, and I'm not against the cult of personality; I just don't think it's French enough, and it isn't consistent with the in-game political culture/opinions of the people of that specific nation. The Moderation team has, before, told me that game mechanics comes first.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Valdštejn » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:27 pm

Siggon Kristov wrote:
Valdštejn wrote:

I don't think the nation name is stupid, and I'm not against the cult of personality; I just don't think it's French enough, and it isn't consistent with the in-game political culture/opinions of the people of that specific nation. The Moderation team has, before, told me that game mechanics comes first.

The nation's name doesn't have to be in the countries language, English is always acceptable. The in-game political opinions doesn't matter the slightest, the only thing it does influence is how many votes a party will get on election day. "Game mechanics coming first" means that regardless what you do, if the game mechanics allow action against it, they can't be forbidden/undone by moderation.
Valdštejn

Postby Siggon Kristov » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:39 pm

Valdštejn wrote:The nation's name doesn't have to be in the countries language, English is always acceptable.

"Demetreilourenea" seems neither English nor French, specifically the second part - "lourenea" which is a non-French modification of the nation's default name. I'm assuming the name can be English or the country's language, but not something completely outside of that.

Valdštejn wrote:The in-game political opinions doesn't matter the slightest, the only thing it does influence is how many votes a party will get on election day.

I think this ought to be changed, in regards to cultural protocols formation and regulation, just to keep things realistic.

Just imagine a theocratic party being the only party in a nation for a few years, and they create a religious culture when the nation is irreligious, then they bitch about it when another party comes and sweeps the elections with secular policies in its visibility, and tries to actually change "too many laws at once" against the cultural protocols.

It could be the other way around, where a militant atheist party forces secular policies on a religious country, makes up cultural protocols to claim that the people aren't generally interested in religion, then complain when a religious party sweeps the elections and tries to reverse all the "culture" in the nation that was player-developed.

--

I'm not saying that culture should be based on the political opinions, but the political opinions should at least be considered when creating a culture, just to keep things realistic.

Rildanor's political opinions on religion ... http://classic.particracy.net/viewopini ... nid=27#REL
Rildanor's "culture" ... http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=356848
Siggon Kristov

PreviousNext

Return to Requests