Requests: General [A]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Moderation Queries and Feedback

Postby Liukupukki » Tue May 18, 2021 1:54 pm

neoliberalbad wrote:
Of course everyone has lives. There's no reason to blame people for that, the point was that nothing was how they have kind of just vanished without even notifying anything. And yes, I am european

Absolutely; I'm sorry if I made that a point of contention. I'm not informed about this moderation business in a thorough capacity; but it definitely should be addressed if all of moderation is suddenly absent for 4 days with no warning.

I'll wait for a bit if they decide to get on and say something, if I hear nothing, I guess I'll message wouter directly
Your friendly neighborhood Lube bottle. Contact me on discord rather than on forums. > Liukupukki#2896
Liukupukki

Postby imperialpearl » Wed May 19, 2021 11:04 am

http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=42524

I didn't know where to post this but idk what to say beyond a simple ignorance to the CP.
imperialpearl

Postby neoliberalbad » Wed May 19, 2021 1:05 pm

http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=42524

I didn't know where to post this but idk what to say beyond a simple ignorance to the CP.

Not a mod, but I think this belongs in the inactivation requests thread.
neoliberalbad

Postby DueWizard70 » Wed May 19, 2021 1:56 pm

imperialpearl wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty.php?partyid=42524

Anything related to CPs (Approvals/Questions/Violations) goes in the Cultural Protocol Queries thread.
People's Front Kundrati -ACTIVE (4731-4889, 5142-)
Institutional Reform Party Baltusia-INACTIVE (4889-4896)
Demokratische Hosianer von Dorvik Dorvik-INACTIVE (4908-4918)
Third World Controler of Utembo(4851-4953)
DueWizard70

Postby ChitinKal » Wed May 19, 2021 4:52 pm

imperialpearl wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty.php?partyid=42524

Yeah as Due said, CP violations should be put in the CP thread. That said, I'm not seeing the CP violation here, perhaps other than the party name being in English? It has no candidates and has made no bills as of the time I'm looking at it
RP Controller of Liore
Fronto de Aŭgustana Vekiĝo (Zardugal) (Inactive) link
Mare Unitu (Keymon) (Inactive) link
Ár Náisiún (Kirlawa) (Inactive) link
National Conservative Party (Kalistan) (Inactive) link
ChitinKal

Postby Edmund » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:52 am

The principles of the Cultural Protocols system are, as I understand them, to allow players in a nation to protect that nation's culture. The moderation-imposed 'Ikradon' Cultural Protocols go against that (recognised at the time!) principle (given the state of the game and Nation 11's long-term inactivity, perhaps this would be excusable if not for what is about to come), and have been a complete and utter failure. Far from 'improving the number of players in the country', the nation's decline has continued. Far from making the nation more accessible, the linguistic aspect has managed to keep it just as supposedly inaccessible as before.

While not to brag, I feel that my own Egyptian translations have been of far more use in making the nation accessible than keeping Egyptian as 'official' while imposing English as the vernacular. I don't know how that decision was even reached - what role does the existence of English as the vernacular play? If Egyptian is official, English isn't the language that's going to be used in government titles and party names (which can already be in English under the rules) anyway. Like the idea of imposing these cultural protocols itself, it just seems like not much thought was actually put into it.

I am requesting that Moderation consider unilaterally repealing the imposed cultural protocols and bringing back the cultural protocols the previous team cancelled. What players in the nation decided, and not the idle musings of players who want Albanians and Romans and Luxembourgish and Amharic and Danish and Scots or ex-moderators who have never played in the nation and whose rulings have served only to turn Hawu into an Anglophone nation without any of the benefits of activity, should take precedence.
Edmund

Postby ChitinKal » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:41 pm

Edmund wrote:The principles of the Cultural Protocols system are, as I understand them, to allow players in a nation to protect that nation's culture. The moderation-imposed 'Ikradon' Cultural Protocols go against that (recognised at the time!) principle (given the state of the game and Nation 11's long-term inactivity, perhaps this would be excusable if not for what is about to come), and have been a complete and utter failure. Far from 'improving the number of players in the country', the nation's decline has continued. Far from making the nation more accessible, the linguistic aspect has managed to keep it just as supposedly inaccessible as before.

While not to brag, I feel that my own Egyptian translations have been of far more use in making the nation accessible than keeping Egyptian as 'official' while imposing English as the vernacular. I don't know how that decision was even reached - what role does the existence of English as the vernacular play? If Egyptian is official, English isn't the language that's going to be used in government titles and party names (which can already be in English under the rules) anyway. Like the idea of imposing these cultural protocols itself, it just seems like not much thought was actually put into it.

I am requesting that Moderation consider unilaterally repealing the imposed cultural protocols and bringing back the cultural protocols the previous team cancelled. What players in the nation decided, and not the idle musings of players who want Albanians and Romans and Luxembourgish and Amharic and Danish and Scots or ex-moderators who have never played in the nation and whose rulings have served only to turn Hawu into an Anglophone nation without any of the benefits of activity, should take precedence.

We will need some time to review the situation, but I will say now that Moderation won't be unilaterally changing the Cultural Protocols of any nation.
RP Controller of Liore
ChitinKal

Postby Edmund » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:54 pm

For greater clarity, and seeing as how it is the culture expressly specified by the nation's cultural protocols, I think Moderation should consider changing Luthori's entry on the Cultural Protocols Index to 'Victorian English'. A precedent for this is at least partially set by 'Esperanto-speaking Byzantine' for Zardugal and Cobura.
Edmund

Postby ChitinKal » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:16 pm

Edmund wrote:For greater clarity, and seeing as how it is the culture expressly specified by the nation's cultural protocols, I think Moderation should consider changing Luthori's entry on the Cultural Protocols Index to 'Victorian English'. A precedent for this is at least partially set by 'Esperanto-speaking Byzantine' for Zardugal and Cobura.

The index has been updated with this suggestion
RP Controller of Liore
ChitinKal

Postby Edmund » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:46 pm

Petitioning Moderation, as per section 6 rule 7, to authorise the RP of inactive nations (and if possible unclaimed forum-based nations) as signing on to a worldwide sanctions campaign against Luthori due to the system of racial segregation in place. This would enable the RPing of Luthori's economic response to the international sanctions, moving towards full reindustrialisation, semi-autarky, and reliance on coal.
Edmund

PreviousNext

Return to Requests