Moderation/GRC Queries

In-Game and Forum requests and complaints.

Re: Moderation/GRC Queries

Postby Ovosok647 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:01 pm

Hello. Currently three players in Kalistan (out of a total of 6) have started a rebellion/civil war RP against the goverment, without the consent of even the majority of the players in Kalistan. This a clear violation of the rp rules:

2. Large scale RP planning (such as wars, regional/continental conflicts, economic collapse, etc.) should be planned (as best as it can be) and should have consent of a majority of players involved. It is possible to RP smaller events without the consent of all players or others;.

Now this is clearly not a small scale RP. This is quite big and is against the rules. I therefore ask moderation to enforce the rules of RP on these three players: Doc=Socialist Party of Kalistan (SPoK). VonHabsburg=United Kalistani Worker’s Front. Chitin=National Conservative Party.
Ovosok647
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:15 pm

Re: Moderation/GRC Queries

Postby Auditorii » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:49 pm

Ovosok647 wrote:Hello. Currently three players in Kalistan (out of a total of 6) have started a rebellion/civil war RP against the goverment, without the consent of even the majority of the players in Kalistan. This a clear violation of the rp rules:

2. Large scale RP planning (such as wars, regional/continental conflicts, economic collapse, etc.) should be planned (as best as it can be) and should have consent of a majority of players involved. It is possible to RP smaller events without the consent of all players or others;.

Now this is clearly not a small scale RP. This is quite big and is against the rules. I therefore ask moderation to enforce the rules of RP on these three players: Doc=Socialist Party of Kalistan (SPoK). VonHabsburg=United Kalistani Worker’s Front. Chitin=National Conservative Party.


The GRC will review this.
"The Aldegar Canal, best canal, super watery and the best canal. I know canals. Theyre great. My dad went to Canal IT, he knew all about them. Very smart man. Canal expert. Aldegar canal. Best canal. Anyone else is fake canal news!"
~Vescia
Auditorii
 
Posts: 1189
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:51 am

Re: Moderation/GRC Queries

Postby Auditorii » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:50 am

Ovosok647 wrote:Hello. Currently three players in Kalistan (out of a total of 6) have started a rebellion/civil war RP against the goverment, without the consent of even the majority of the players in Kalistan. This a clear violation of the rp rules:

2. Large scale RP planning (such as wars, regional/continental conflicts, economic collapse, etc.) should be planned (as best as it can be) and should have consent of a majority of players involved. It is possible to RP smaller events without the consent of all players or others;.

Now this is clearly not a small scale RP. This is quite big and is against the rules. I therefore ask moderation to enforce the rules of RP on these three players: Doc=Socialist Party of Kalistan (SPoK). VonHabsburg=United Kalistani Worker’s Front. Chitin=National Conservative Party.


After discussing with other members of the GRC, it has been decided that indeed the basis of the RP is invalid as of 6 players with seats, only 3 support it which is not majority. While I admit that the RP Rules are lacking regarding the necessity to create a bill and vote for (something we'll immediately rectify) it has long been a tradition that players approach RP in a constructive, consensus based manner. It is also generally used to garner consent so its solidified.

Therefore, all this RP is considered to be retconned. Normally, I'd try to sort this out but right now the amount of players that are jumping onto this and several others issues that have arisen with this RP, we're going to state that the RP has been deemed invalid and ret-conned to just before the outbreak of the civil war. I envision that if something can be worked out between everyone, it would be advisable.
"The Aldegar Canal, best canal, super watery and the best canal. I know canals. Theyre great. My dad went to Canal IT, he knew all about them. Very smart man. Canal expert. Aldegar canal. Best canal. Anyone else is fake canal news!"
~Vescia
Auditorii
 
Posts: 1189
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:51 am

Re: Moderation/GRC Queries

Postby Doc » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:48 am

There has not been a civil war. Only limited civil disobedience and limited sabotage.

No Government forces have been engaged. As a matter of fact, 4 of six seated Parties HAVE participated in the RP, so essentially, what the GRC has allowed here is one player to veto the RP of other active players in Kalistan, so he doesn't have to be active. It's alright: He's focused on Alpha, I understand, and is just sitting in Kalistan. But given the proclivity of moderation to pull things like this, it is no surprise that they refused to act on my complaint for like a week, but acted on this squatter's complaint in like a day.

That's fine. Your decisions are entirely unchallenged. you don't even have to offer any sort of justification for your uneven moderation decisions or your apparent favoritism. I can't say I am surprised.

We will continue to RP within the rules found in Section 6 clause 2, which allows for small scale civil disturbance without consent of any other players, and will refuse to follow that particular player's ridiculous and game breaking laws.
Primary: Socialist Party of Kalistan (SPoK), Old School Since 2591

Inactive: Parti des Frères Lourenne, Since 4109
Gaduri Brethrenist Movement (MHdG), Gaduridos, 4481-4485
User avatar
Doc
 
Posts: 1245
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:29 pm
Location: Primary: Gaduridos, PHdG; Inactive in Kalistan, Lourenne and Telamon

Re: Moderation/GRC Queries

Postby Auditorii » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:12 am

Doc wrote:There has not been a civil war. Only limited civil disobedience and limited sabotage.

No Government forces have been engaged. As a matter of fact, 4 of six seated Parties HAVE participated in the RP, so essentially, what the GRC has allowed here is one player to veto the RP of other active players in Kalistan, so he doesn't have to be active. It's alright: He's focused on Alpha, I understand, and is just sitting in Kalistan. But given the proclivity of moderation to pull things like this, it is no surprise that they refused to act on my complaint for like a week, but acted on this squatter's complaint in like a day.

That's fine. Your decisions are entirely unchallenged. you don't even have to offer any sort of justification for your uneven moderation decisions or your apparent favoritism. I can't say I am surprised.

We will continue to RP within the rules found in Section 6 clause 2, which allows for small scale civil disturbance without consent of any other players, and will refuse to follow that particular player's ridiculous and game breaking laws.


Aside from our discussion via Discord, which I'll leave to be private, I've explained to you the situation and notified to you that there are other circumstances that have caused such a ruling. However, there have been several posts, both by players within Kalistan and players outside of Kalistan that have quite frankly given off a far greater scope and scale of this "limited civil disobedience and limited sabotage". I can understand that you have vested interest in Kalistan, however, there are rules that are to be followed and we'll enforce them when they are brought up.

I understand your point of view and appreciate that you're upset with the decision and I have given you instructions on how you might correct it. I hope you all do.
"The Aldegar Canal, best canal, super watery and the best canal. I know canals. Theyre great. My dad went to Canal IT, he knew all about them. Very smart man. Canal expert. Aldegar canal. Best canal. Anyone else is fake canal news!"
~Vescia
Auditorii
 
Posts: 1189
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:51 am

Re: Moderation/GRC Queries

Postby ChitinKal » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:49 am

Auditorii wrote:After discussing with other members of the GRC, it has been decided that indeed the basis of the RP is invalid as of 6 players with seats, only 3 support it which is not majority. While I admit that the RP Rules are lacking regarding the necessity to create a bill and vote for (something we'll immediately rectify) it has long been a tradition that players approach RP in a constructive, consensus based manner. It is also generally used to garner consent so its solidified.

Therefore, all this RP is considered to be retconned. Normally, I'd try to sort this out but right now the amount of players that are jumping onto this and several others issues that have arisen with this RP, we're going to state that the RP has been deemed invalid and ret-conned to just before the outbreak of the civil war. I envision that if something can be worked out between everyone, it would be advisable.


I'd like to object. Both the Patrotic League (Stuff44) and Liberal Democratic Party (MustafaKemal) participated in the RP.

http://forum.particracy.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=92&start=660 Here is a news article written by The Caliph (LDP)

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=592966 http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=592964 These are two bills written by the LDP in response to the civil war. Both the PL and NLP supported these bills.

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=592965 Here is an RP bill written by the LDP which states clearly their recognition of the RP. The PL writes "The government has approved help from Keymon" in the debate section of the bill, clearly acknowledging and participating in the Keymon affairs part of the RP.

I also believe it is incredibly unfair to let Stuff44 (PL), a player who contributes nothing to RP in Kalistan, get a RP, which we had spent our time working on, retconned when he realizes that it isn't going to go his way.

Thank you for your time, -ChitinKal
National Conservative Party of Kalistan
User avatar
ChitinKal
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:10 pm

Re: Moderation/GRC Queries

Postby Doc » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:56 am

Auditorii wrote:Aside from our discussion via Discord, which I'll leave to be private, I've explained to you the situation and notified to you that there are other circumstances that have caused such a ruling. However, there have been several posts, both by players within Kalistan and players outside of Kalistan that have quite frankly given off a far greater scope and scale of this "limited civil disobedience and limited sabotage". I can understand that you have vested interest in Kalistan, however, there are rules that are to be followed and we'll enforce them when they are brought up.

I understand your point of view and appreciate that you're upset with the decision and I have given you instructions on how you might correct it. I hope you all do.


We are attempting to comply, under protest, with your instructions, Comrade.

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=593029

If three Parties vote for and 2 Parties vote against and one Party abstained, what then?
Last edited by Doc on Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
Primary: Socialist Party of Kalistan (SPoK), Old School Since 2591

Inactive: Parti des Frères Lourenne, Since 4109
Gaduri Brethrenist Movement (MHdG), Gaduridos, 4481-4485
User avatar
Doc
 
Posts: 1245
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:29 pm
Location: Primary: Gaduridos, PHdG; Inactive in Kalistan, Lourenne and Telamon

Re: Moderation/GRC Queries

Postby Auditorii » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:56 am

ChitinKal wrote:
Auditorii wrote:After discussing with other members of the GRC, it has been decided that indeed the basis of the RP is invalid as of 6 players with seats, only 3 support it which is not majority. While I admit that the RP Rules are lacking regarding the necessity to create a bill and vote for (something we'll immediately rectify) it has long been a tradition that players approach RP in a constructive, consensus based manner. It is also generally used to garner consent so its solidified.

Therefore, all this RP is considered to be retconned. Normally, I'd try to sort this out but right now the amount of players that are jumping onto this and several others issues that have arisen with this RP, we're going to state that the RP has been deemed invalid and ret-conned to just before the outbreak of the civil war. I envision that if something can be worked out between everyone, it would be advisable.


I'd like to object. Both the Patrotic League (Stuff44) and Liberal Democratic Party (MustafaKemal) participated in the RP.

http://forum.particracy.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=92&start=660 Here is a news article written by The Caliph (LDP)

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=592966 http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=592964 These are two bills written by the LDP in response to the civil war. Both the PL and NLP supported these bills.

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=592965 Here is an RP bill written by the LDP which states clearly their recognition of the RP. The PL writes "The government has approved help from Keymon" in the debate section of the bill, clearly acknowledging and participating in the Keymon affairs part of the RP.

I also believe it is incredibly unfair to let Stuff44 (PL), a player who contributes nothing to RP in Kalistan, get a RP, which we had spent our time working on, retconned when he realizes that it isn't going to go his way.

Thank you for your time, -ChitinKal


As I stated to Doc, you guys are welcome to pass that authorization bill, clearing up a significant amount of issues raised by several players and we'll be able to take it from there. One player isn't doing this, there are a number of circumstances, if you all have the consent that you are presenting to have, passing that bill and effectively clearing up the issues, it'll likely be good to go.

Thanks.
"The Aldegar Canal, best canal, super watery and the best canal. I know canals. Theyre great. My dad went to Canal IT, he knew all about them. Very smart man. Canal expert. Aldegar canal. Best canal. Anyone else is fake canal news!"
~Vescia
Auditorii
 
Posts: 1189
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:51 am

Re: Moderation/GRC Queries

Postby Auditorii » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:03 am

Doc wrote:
Auditorii wrote:Aside from our discussion via Discord, which I'll leave to be private, I've explained to you the situation and notified to you that there are other circumstances that have caused such a ruling. However, there have been several posts, both by players within Kalistan and players outside of Kalistan that have quite frankly given off a far greater scope and scale of this "limited civil disobedience and limited sabotage". I can understand that you have vested interest in Kalistan, however, there are rules that are to be followed and we'll enforce them when they are brought up.

I understand your point of view and appreciate that you're upset with the decision and I have given you instructions on how you might correct it. I hope you all do.


We are attempting to comply, under protest, with your instructions, Comrade.

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=593029

If three Parties vote for and 2 Parties vote against and one Party abstained, what then?


We'll cross that bridge if we get there. Otherwise, I'm definitely working to implement some RP rules that might clarify and make things easier in the future.
"The Aldegar Canal, best canal, super watery and the best canal. I know canals. Theyre great. My dad went to Canal IT, he knew all about them. Very smart man. Canal expert. Aldegar canal. Best canal. Anyone else is fake canal news!"
~Vescia
Auditorii
 
Posts: 1189
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:51 am

Re: Moderation/GRC Queries

Postby Doc » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:05 am

But as an addendum to my comment:

I would add that it is BS when one Party who does not otherwise RP on ANYTHING outside of bills and elections, should be able to veto what 3/4 active RPing players are doing, because they don't think we ought to be RPing anything. And it is BS that the GRC should have made this decision without even asking any of us to have any input on the question which may have at least mitigated your decision until we COULD comply.

This whole situation has been handled poorly, admittedly by our side as well as Moderation's, who seems to have jumped at the chance to intervene on behalf of one particular Party who is little better than a sitter in Kalistan, over the actions of several active Parties, both in and outside of Kalistan, and completely ignoring evidence we have presented, which moderation surely had which demonstrated an acknowledgement of the RP by 2 of the 3 Government Parties in Kalistan. I don't understand why you have chosen to intervene so decisively upon the complaint of this one player, while, when I made a similar complaint, it took the GRC almost a week to act on my concern, and then their act was basically mediation. I don't know what he is to you, but to three of the 4 active Parties in Kalistan, he is nothing but a troll.
Primary: Socialist Party of Kalistan (SPoK), Old School Since 2591

Inactive: Parti des Frères Lourenne, Since 4109
Gaduri Brethrenist Movement (MHdG), Gaduridos, 4481-4485
User avatar
Doc
 
Posts: 1245
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:29 pm
Location: Primary: Gaduridos, PHdG; Inactive in Kalistan, Lourenne and Telamon

PreviousNext

Return to Game Moderation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest