Moderation/GRC Queries

In-Game and Forum requests and complaints.

Re: Moderation/GRC Queries

Postby Auditorii » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:13 am

Doc wrote:But as an addendum to my comment:

I would add that it is BS when one Party who does not otherwise RP on ANYTHING outside of bills and elections, should be able to veto what 3/4 active RPing players are doing, because they don't think we ought to be RPing anything. And it is BS that the GRC should have made this decision without even asking any of us to have any input on the question which may have at least mitigated your decision until we COULD comply.

This whole situation has been handled poorly, admittedly by our side as well as Moderation's, who seems to have jumped at the chance to intervene on behalf of one particular Party who is little better than a sitter in Kalistan, over the actions of several active Parties, both in and outside of Kalistan, and completely ignoring evidence we have presented, which moderation surely had which demonstrated an acknowledgement of the RP by 2 of the 3 Government Parties in Kalistan. I don't understand why you have chosen to intervene so decisively upon the complaint of this one player, while, when I made a similar complaint, it took the GRC almost a week to act on my concern, and then their act was basically mediation. I don't know what he is to you, but to three of the 4 active Parties in Kalistan, he is nothing but a troll.

As I stated Doc, you can put the conspiracy and theorycrafting cap away because quite frankly, it's a old at this point. There are other factors that we are not going to openly discuss and that factored into this. Great, you're unhappy with the decision. We get it. It'll be over and done with when you get your authorization bill passed and we'll be able to move past this.

As a note, this has ZERO to do with Moderation and everything to do with the GRC that is responsible for management and oversight of RP and you're welcome to PM me and discuss the complaint that took over a week to handle, if it's a reference to the Kazulia-Lourenne-Kalistan RP, that took far less than a week and was done by discussing with what all players want, discussing the factors that went into it and doing some background research on RP. Unfortunately we cannot live at our computers and being able to just immediately handle stuff. This current situation once again, had other mitigating factors and circumstances and once this gets all solved and squared away, we'll be able to look and review and fix the issues that are had with the RP.

As of now, this is the end of this discussion.
World Congress Coordinator and Third World Coordinator
Global Roleplay Committee
Auditorii

Postby Auditorii » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:28 pm

As I have discussed with Doc and will notify players in Kalistan, due to some recent rule changes and evidence that has come to light regarding some actions taken by those in government, the GRC has decided to reverse its previous decision of placing a hold on the RP and "ret-conning" it. The RP will be permitted and events that happened will also be permitted, however, there will be some changes. For instance, the possibility of Keymon to ferry a large swathe of troops around the world and essentially conduct a blue-water navy operation is a little far fetched seeing their military and economic status, thus we are noting that Keymon and the player(s) in Keymon have every right to be involved, however they should understand their position as a middle power and understand that ferry large swathes of equipment and troops around the globe is both difficult and expensive. The player(s) in Keymon should adjust this and retroactively modify their posts and numbers related to such RP. This change was done primarily due to evidence suggesting that players had gone ahead with the RP and had gone ahead with certain actions that gave implied consent to the RP, albeit begrudgingly.

I believe Lodamun (maybe), Valruzia and Vanuku might have had a hand in this and as of right now, their possibility of involvement is their own decision. I shall note for future reference that the GRC generally sees civil wars that involve foreign powers and civil wars where there is wide scale attacks/sabotage or other armed conflict as a major event, especially one where multiple foreign countries are getting involved and as per the new RP rules underneath Section 6:

-- 2a. Players are required to pass a bill authorizing the RP which must be passed by a majority of players with seats within the nation (for major, large-scale roleplays such as civil wars, wars, significant economic or RP-related political reforms, etc.) Players are required to create an OOC RP planning bill or forum post discussing the general outline and discussion for planned RP; it needs to include a link to the passed RP authorization bill (for all players);
-- 2b. Players who engage with RP via newspaper posts, in-game messages or other forms of in-character communications are generally accepted to be consenting to the RP. In the event that consent or authorization comes into question, players who have engaged will be counted as voting for or authorizing the RP.

While I understand there was some issues with the initial ruling, the GRC is committed to making sure that RP is carried out both realistically and in a manner that is fun and fair to everyone else. We try not to legislate and bother too much with certain situations until they are brought to our attention or they feature some grey area that might potentially be a problem in the future. Thanks everyone!
Auditorii

Postby Polites » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:16 am

There's two redundant news threads:

This should be merged with this.
Me pinguem et nitidum bene curata cute vises,
Cum ridere voles, Epicuri de grege porcum
Polites

Postby Mr.God » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:32 pm

Polites wrote:There's two redundant news threads:

Indeed they do, i will message CM on this since im inexperienced in this particular case. Will make sure it happens
Mr.God

Postby cm9777 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:21 pm

Merged
Nationale Liberale Partei Inactive

Dundorfische Nationalistisches Allianz Inactive

Federalistische Partei Inactive

Patriot Party Inactive

Modrá Thalleristická Aliancia Active

Moderation
cm9777

Postby Aquinas » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:57 pm

The player has since created 2 further news threads in International News:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8423
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8424

If you have not done so already, I recommend speaking to the player involved, so he understands what the conventions are surrounding news threads.

Also, consider asking Wouter whether he can remove the ability of users to create new news threads in the International News sub-forum. That would prevent situations like this from arising.

A further issue regarding Leo is he appears to be running at least 2 active accounts:

http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=36440
http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=36582

From what I can establish, the "Times News Network" in Davostan is just being used for the newspaper he is RPing, and for all practical purposes, is not being used to run an in-game political party (ie. it hasn't voted on any bills etc.). For this reason, and given the player seems to be new, I would suggest Moderation consider the option of simply inactivating the Davostan account and sending him a message about the multiing rules, as opposed to inactivating both the newspaper account and his party account in Rutania.
https://discord.gg/cdcmWk8
Terra Nations, an upcoming forum role-playing game set in the world of Particracy Classic's Terra
Aquinas

Postby Mr.God » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:28 am

Aquinas wrote:The player has since created 2 further news threads in International News:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8423
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8424

If you have not done so already, I recommend speaking to the player involved, so he understands what the conventions are surrounding news threads.

Also, consider asking Wouter whether he can remove the ability of users to create new news threads in the International News sub-forum. That would prevent situations like this from arising.

A further issue regarding Leo is he appears to be running at least 2 active accounts:

http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=36440
http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=36582

From what I can establish, the "Times News Network" in Davostan is just being used for the newspaper he is RPing, and for all practical purposes, is not being used to run an in-game political party (ie. it hasn't voted on any bills etc.). For this reason, and given the player seems to be new, I would suggest Moderation consider the option of simply inactivating the Davostan account and sending him a message about the multiing rules, as opposed to inactivating both the newspaper account and his party account in Rutania.

I messaged him and explained him the situation, asking him to not make new threads and only inactivating his newspaper account ingame. Thanks for bringing this up
Mr.God

Postby Auditorii » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:42 pm

http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=36261

While I take it that this player has been unbanned, we've got a continued assortment of issues that Moderation has failed to address.

-- 1b. Party names, constitutional titles and other variables (excluding bill descriptions, party descriptions and politicians) may be in a non-English language appropriate to the nations culture however if the nations culture has a different alphabet that might be difficult to understand, the Latin-script transliteration is required (example languages: Russian, Arabic, Persian, etc.);

Player has all Arabic script letters for party name, country name is still in Arabic script letters, players entire cabinet is in Arabic script letters.

5. Players are permitted to change the name of their nation, newspaper, cities and regions and post such a request HERE, to do this they must pass a bill with 2/3 majority of active players with seats. All re-naming requests must be within the Cultural Protocols of the nation in question. As a note, players must include the original name of their nation in parenthesis when giving the formal name of their nation. For instance "Zardic Empire (Zardugal)" would be appropriate whereas "Zardic Empire" will not be approved;

As a note a good majority of ALL nations still do not adhere to the required rules.
Auditorii

Postby Auditorii » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:43 pm

http://classic.particracy.net/viewnation.php?nationid=1

Obviously against the rules in that bill titles are in German. All public facing communications must be in English.
Auditorii

Postby Mr.God » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:18 pm

Auditorii wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewnation.php?nationid=1

Obviously against the rules in that bill titles are in German. All public facing communications must be in English.

Will notify the players in question
Mr.God

PreviousNext

Return to Game Moderation