Moderation/GRC Queries

In-Game and Forum requests and complaints.

Re: Moderation/GRC Queries

Postby Mr.God » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:19 pm

Auditorii wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty.php?partyid=36261

While I take it that this player has been unbanned, we've got a continued assortment of issues that Moderation has failed to address.

-- 1b. Party names, constitutional titles and other variables (excluding bill descriptions, party descriptions and politicians) may be in a non-English language appropriate to the nations culture however if the nations culture has a different alphabet that might be difficult to understand, the Latin-script transliteration is required (example languages: Russian, Arabic, Persian, etc.);


Player has all Arabic script letters for party name, country name is still in Arabic script letters, players entire cabinet is in Arabic script letters.

5. Players are permitted to change the name of their nation, newspaper, cities and regions and post such a request HERE, to do this they must pass a bill with 2/3 majority of active players with seats. All re-naming requests must be within the Cultural Protocols of the nation in question. As a note, players must include the original name of their nation in parenthesis when giving the formal name of their nation. For instance "Zardic Empire (Zardugal)" would be appropriate whereas "Zardic Empire" will not be approved;


As a note a good majority of ALL nations still do not adhere to the required rules.


I will notify the player once more
User avatar
Mr.God
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Moderation/GRC Queries

Postby Aquinas » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:27 pm

Auditorii wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty.php?partyid=36261

While I take it that this player has been unbanned, we've got a continued assortment of issues that Moderation has failed to address.

-- 1b. Party names, constitutional titles and other variables (excluding bill descriptions, party descriptions and politicians) may be in a non-English language appropriate to the nations culture however if the nations culture has a different alphabet that might be difficult to understand, the Latin-script transliteration is required (example languages: Russian, Arabic, Persian, etc.);


Player has all Arabic script letters for party name, country name is still in Arabic script letters, players entire cabinet is in Arabic script letters.


I completely agree that this is a problem.

Auditorii wrote:
5. Players are permitted to change the name of their nation, newspaper, cities and regions and post such a request HERE, to do this they must pass a bill with 2/3 majority of active players with seats. All re-naming requests must be within the Cultural Protocols of the nation in question. As a note, players must include the original name of their nation in parenthesis when giving the formal name of their nation. For instance "Zardic Empire (Zardugal)" would be appropriate whereas "Zardic Empire" will not be approved;


As a note a good majority of ALL nations still do not adhere to the required rules.


There was no consultation on this rule change, and there has been no explanation of it either - despite at least two requests from me on the forum. Could someone please explain why this is thought to be necessary? So long as the nation's core name is referenced somewhere in the nation title, that ought to be fine. Otherwise I suppose we are going to end up with clumsy-looking nation titles like "République d'Aldurie (Republic of Alduria) (Alduria)", "Königreich Dorvik (Dorivk)" and even "Solentia (Solentia)". BTW as I also pointed out previously, the new rule is contradicted in the Nation Renaming Guide, which cites the previous convention.

Auditorii wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewnation.php?nationid=1

Obviously against the rules in that bill titles are in German. All public facing communications must be in English.


Respectfully, this is going too far. Non-English bill titles are not really doing any harm, and for many of us, they can add a little bit of extra flavour to a nation. Using non-English bill titles seems to have become something of a convention in some nations, such as in Selucia, where Latin bill titles are being used. So long as players don't try to use RP laws to demand everybody else uses non-English bill titles as well (which has happened at least once or twice in the past!) or anything like that, then I would say it's safe to leave this alone. The main thing is that bill description and bill debate contributions should be in English (or at least if they are given in a non-English language, then they should be posted alongside a full English translation).

Changing the subject, there are currently two GRC registers visible on the forum, this one, which the more recent, and this one (which looks obviously dated).

But actually, even the more recent one is confusing me a little. It lists Reddy as the Colonies Coordinator, despite the fact his username is not in burgundy on the forum, and from recent postings, it looks as though Auditorii has at least temporarily taken over his role. It also looks to me at least that some of the people on the list are simply not visible in terms of GRC activity. This applies particularly to FIn/FPC, who is meant to be our RP chair but has not posted an actual RP post in over a year. Would it be possible to have an update as to what is going on and what (if any) the GRC''s plans are?
User avatar
Aquinas
 
Posts: 9072
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:28 am
Location: UK

Re: Moderation/GRC Queries

Postby cm9777 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:54 am

Reddy has resigned from the GRC so Farsun/Auditori is in charge of it for now. That old register will be cleaned up.
Nationale Liberale Partei Inactive

Dundorfische Nationalistisches Allianz Inactive

Federalistische Partei Inactive

Patriot Party Inactive

Modrá Thalleristická Aliancia Active

Moderation
cm9777
 
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:05 pm

Re: Moderation/GRC Queries

Postby Luis1p » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:43 pm

1. http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=36319

2. http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=594085

1. RL people in their description. Party name also an issue?

2. Is this allowed?
I mean look at us. We're just air conditioners. I mean after after all. We're just walking around on the planet breathing, CONDITIONING THE AIR.

-Ongo Gablogian, The Art Collector
User avatar
Luis1p
 
Posts: 740
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Chicago, USA

Re: Moderation/GRC Queries

Postby Mr.God » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:18 am

Luis1p wrote:1. http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=36319

2. http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=594085

1. RL people in their description. Party name also an issue?

2. Is this allowed?


This is certainly not allowed. Ill message the player and monitor the situation
User avatar
Mr.God
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Moderation/GRC Queries

Postby Yolo04 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:42 pm

http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=36647

I’m deeply triggered by this! How dare you culturally appropriate my country roads!

For real tho, is this party name allowed?
Libertarian

Current Party-
Keymon-Keymon Libertarian Front-(KLF)

Old Parties-
Too many too count
Yolo04
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:03 pm

Re: Moderation/GRC Queries

Postby Luis1p » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:26 pm

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=91&p=146556#p146556

See bottom of post ^


Will anything be done about using other sites for news posts? Has anything been done? Just asking because I find all that news illegitimate if not on the forums.
I mean look at us. We're just air conditioners. I mean after after all. We're just walking around on the planet breathing, CONDITIONING THE AIR.

-Ongo Gablogian, The Art Collector
User avatar
Luis1p
 
Posts: 740
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Chicago, USA

Previous

Return to Game Moderation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 1 guest