Moderation/GRC Queries

In-Game and Forum requests and complaints.

Re: Moderation/GRC Queries

Postby Aquinas » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:41 am

Mr.God wrote:
jamescfm wrote:Why is the Game Rules document spread across multiple pages? It's much easier to link to single "Particracy Game Rules" post than to link to a specific post (especially when we know that these posts will eventually move).

We organized it that way so we can easily link the different sections of the game rules when needed.

FWIW I agree with James. So long as you give players a reference number for the rule being cited, they ought to be able to find it without undue difficulty.

On another issue, the table of contents on the first post does not reference the new rules on second active accounts (section 10), so somebody casually looking at that might not realise this section existed unless they scrolled to the second page of the thread.
Aquinas

Postby Mr.God » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:27 pm

Aquinas wrote:
Mr.God wrote:
jamescfm wrote:Why is the Game Rules document spread across multiple pages? It's much easier to link to single "Particracy Game Rules" post than to link to a specific post (especially when we know that these posts will eventually move).

We organized it that way so we can easily link the different sections of the game rules when needed.

FWIW I agree with James. So long as you give players a reference number for the rule being cited, they ought to be able to find it without undue difficulty.

On another issue, the table of contents on the first post does not reference the new rules on second active accounts (section 10), so somebody casually looking at that might not realise this section existed unless they scrolled to the second page of the thread.

We decided that by listing the rules this way we can easily point out seperate sections to people and so far it has been working excellently. Once we encounter issues well possibly take a look at this again.
Mr.God

Postby Aquinas » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:38 am

Mr.God wrote:
Aquinas wrote:
cm9777 wrote:Reddy has resigned from the GRC so Farsun/Auditori is in charge of it for now. That old register will be cleaned up.

It's still there.

I will let CM handle this. If he cant i will make sure it gets done

This still has not been done.

Aquinas wrote:The Third World control register is full of inaccurate entries and now needs to be corrected. This has been pointed out previously, but not been acted on.

The World Congress information register fails to list the current members of the Security Council, and also provides erroneous information for the list of permanent members/Great Powers. On smaller issues, some of the links there do not work, and the election results list has not been updated since November.

These have not been done yet either.
Aquinas

Postby Auditorii » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:12 pm

I'll handle the GRC stuff this weekend when I have a little more time to convert everything over and write up some guidelines for future teams.
Chairman of the Global Roleplay Committee
World Congress Coordinator
Auditorii

Postby Aquinas » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:54 pm

(Still waiting...)
Aquinas

Postby Auditorii » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:13 am

Aquinas wrote:(Still waiting...)

Indeed, it's a work in progress. As I have several other topics to make up to date and try to streamline the efficiency for.
Chairman of the Global Roleplay Committee
World Congress Coordinator
Auditorii

Previous

Return to Game Moderation