Game Rules deleted?

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Game Rules deleted?

Postby House Spencer » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:45 am

They're gone.
House Spencer

Re: Game Rules deleted?

Postby cm9777 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:59 am

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8088
The rules should be In that link. The version up there before was one with unfinalised changes that were not supposed to be public yet. They were deleted to prevent misinformation If there is an issue with the link let us know.
cm9777

Postby Occam » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:51 pm

Right now the Game Rules are a little hard to find. E.g. the link from the General Information Board is broken. Also, they are no longer accesible from the News and Information, the Game Moderation, the International News, and probably other forums.
Permanently gone.
Occam

Postby Luis1p » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:04 pm

Occam wrote:Right now the Game Rules are a little hard to find. E.g. the link from the General Information Board is broken. Also, they are no longer accesible from the News and Information, the Game Moderation, the International News, and probably other forums.

Here's the link http://forum.particracy.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8088#p137060. These should be new rules. Not sure why the link in News and Information doesn't work.
Last edited by Luis1p on Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luis1p

Postby Occam » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:26 pm

Thanks!
I knew where to find them, I just wanted to point out the broken link and that they are not as easy to find as they used to be. I think this happened when the rules were accidentally replaced by the draft for new rules and then corrected again.
Regards
Occam
Permanently gone.
Occam

Postby cm9777 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:48 am

I am going to check out all the links and fix any that don’t work. Let me know if I miss any.
cm9777

Postby Aquinas » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:15 am

The issue raised by Occam is still outstanding. Mods, if you edit the Game Rules post to make it a "Global Announcement", that should place it in the "Announcements" section at the top of every single sub-forum.

The relocation of the Game Rules link means the links at the following locations are in need of correction:

Particracy Main Page

FAQ

Tutorial

General Information Board (RP Accord Index link also not working here, BTW)

In-game Moderation account

Cultural Protocols Index

This same problem occurred back in May, which was the last time Moderation changed the Game Rules link. In future, I really advise against changing the link again, so far as this is reasonably possible.

Additionally, please note that many of the Random Facts appearing along the bottom of the game screen have become a source of confusion, as they relate to outdated rules. It would be helpful if these could be removed or appropriately edited.
Aquinas

Postby House Spencer » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:18 pm

IMHO all this should have been fixed by now
House Spencer

Postby cm9777 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:34 am

Aquinas wrote:The issue raised by Occam is still outstanding. Mods, if you edit the Game Rules post to make it a "Global Announcement", that should place it in the "Announcements" section at the top of every single sub-forum.

The relocation of the Game Rules link means the links at the following locations are in need of correction:

Particracy Main Page

FAQ

Tutorial

General Information Board (RP Accord Index link also not working here, BTW)

In-game Moderation account

Cultural Protocols Index

This same problem occurred back in May, which was the last time Moderation changed the Game Rules link. In future, I really advise against changing the link again, so far as this is reasonably possible.

Additionally, please note that many of the Random Facts appearing along the bottom of the game screen have become a source of confusion, as they relate to outdated rules. It would be helpful if these could be removed or appropriately edited.

Had a look at these and the main ones should now be fixed. The RP Accord index link will need to be looked at again. For the main page, only Wouter has access to it. Will now sort of that wiki link and the faq link. Will also review the random facts section for any outdated info. I do agree on the link staying the same however. I think to avoid problems in the future we will make sure to put the changes on the same linked page.

House Spencer wrote:IMHO all this should have been fixed by now

Unfortunately it’s not as simple as it seems. Remember that we are all volunteers giving up our free time for this. The main page link in particular will need to be Wouter as the Moderation account is not capable of making such edits.
cm9777

Postby Aquinas » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:07 pm

cm9777 wrote:The RP Accord index link will need to be looked at again.

The link for that can be found here. The Game Rules link there also needs to be fixed, BTW.

cm9777 wrote:For the main page, only Wouter has access to it.

Indeed. Whilst appreciating he is a busy man, I would suggest urging him to attach some priority to fixing this, since the rules link on the main page of the game is an important one.
Aquinas

Next

Return to Archive