Suggestion: regional secession/transfer system.

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Suggestion: regional secession/transfer system.

Postby MedwedianPresident » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:19 pm

I have already asked this, but have received the dissatisfactory answer "this would be RP only".

However, I think it should be possible for regions to secede or be transferred to another nation. This would allow for very interesting scenarios, both ingame and in RP.

The secession would function by way of the moderator manually creating a new country and transferring the region or regions in question to it. I am sure that this is somehow possible.

Of course, regions should also be able to be directly transferred from country to country and countries should be able to unite.

The moderator would manually approve any such operation. It would not happen automatically, even if the respective bill is passed, and there would be rules for it so that nobody can abuse the system. As such, this would have to be passed with a 2/3 majority, in the form of a RP law with subsequent moderator response. For country-to-country transfer and country unification the respective law would have to be passed in both countries, unless the annexation or unification is military in nature.

The fact that almost all first-world countries are similar in size is extremely unrealistic. It would be interesting to see federations form and fall and secessionist movements succeeding.

What do you think?
MedwedianPresident

Re: Suggestion: regional secession/transfer system.

Postby Maxington » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:25 pm

Game mechanics permit this from happening. I am aware of why you are proposing this idea and it will not be repeated here.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Return to Archive