Requests: Forum Based Countries - FBCs [RPC]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Forum-Based Countries Control Requests

Postby jamescfm » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:50 pm

colonelvesica wrote:I'd like to apply for control of New Alduria.

The southern Temanian continent has been quiet for a while, and I'd like to get back into Role Playing New Alduria into a former leadership role.

As there appears to be a significant amount of left and right leaning nations, with authoritarian tendencies throughout Dovani, I'd like New Alduria to take up the leadership role of a more democratic state, and pushing for democracy and transparency throughout Temania and great Dovani as a whole.

Long term I'd like to build New Alduria up to be a leader.

Approved. The thread has been updated.
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:51 pm

Augustus Germanus wrote:I would like to apply for control of Midway.

I have checked the wiki as well as the forum for Midway, and I can see just a very small amount of RP in the nation. With this I would like to change that, by continuing the information concerning Midway: "It has remained largely neutral in conflicts and does its best to continue its large financial success". By this I mean, that I would like to further develop Midway as an important economic/trading hub in Dovani. As well as largely holding strong in its neutrality, by modeling it after historically neutral countries such as Sweden and Switzerland, perhaps making Midway an important middle-ground for diplomatic talks, and maybe furthering its stance as a possible mediator in conflicts.

I think a neutral nation, not plagued by any extreme authoritarianism, successful in trading and economics in the middle of Dovani could be interesting for Dovani politics. But mostly I would like to develop Midway around its roleplay, such as on the wiki, giving it more interesting institutions and such.

Thank you.

Approved. The thread has been updated.
jamescfm

Postby Rogue » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:22 pm

Relinquishing control over Rapa Pile and requesting control over New Verham. I want to focus on the significant Vanukean influences still there. A figure will rise in oppossition to these influences, he will gain popularity with his calls for an end to Vanukean meddling, he gets arrested on inciting violence and protests and riots rock the nation. From there on several factions mingle into the unrest and eventually rise up, leading to a civil war until the popular figure gets released from prison in an effort to undermine divide the rebellion further.

I would like to keep the rest to myself as to not give it all away, but i got inspired by Kemalism and the situation in South Africa with Mandela. Looking forward to the response
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby mrcricketer » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:16 pm

I /we at Aloria would like control to Guardia. & Shepherd Island we are very eager to do some fun RP to help develop the nation.

The wiki page for both the Countries were created incompletely & request to takeover Guardia & Shepherd Island

We plan to mention exact location & also appoiint a Governor General to handle daily administration of the above mentioned countries

I would like to complete the process for official creation / taking control of Guardia & Shepherd Island

I also request you to include Shepherd Island & Guardia on the page abt Aloria under the province colum

RP Bill generated
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=639429
mrcricketer

Postby jamescfm » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:58 pm

Mr.God wrote:Relinquishing control over Rapa Pile and requesting control over New Verham. I want to focus on the significant Vanukean influences still there. A figure will rise in oppossition to these influences, he will gain popularity with his calls for an end to Vanukean meddling, he gets arrested on inciting violence and protests and riots rock the nation. From there on several factions mingle into the unrest and eventually rise up, leading to a civil war until the popular figure gets released from prison in an effort to undermine divide the rebellion further.

I would like to keep the rest to myself as to not give it all away, but i got inspired by Kemalism and the situation in South Africa with Mandela. Looking forward to the response

We'll discuss this and get back to you soon. The register has been updated regarding Rapa Pile.
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:59 pm

mrcricketer wrote:I /we at Aloria would like control to Guardia. & Shepherd Island we are very eager to do some fun RP to help develop the nation.

The wiki page for both the Countries were created incompletely & request to takeover Guardia & Shepherd Island

We plan to mention exact location & also appoiint a Governor General to handle daily administration of the above mentioned countries

I would like to complete the process for official creation / taking control of Guardia & Shepherd Island

I also request you to include Shepherd Island & Guardia on the page abt Aloria under the province colum

RP Bill generated
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=639429

Neither of these countries exist. As has been explained to you, this is outdated information with no evidence in role-play.
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:46 pm

Mr.God wrote:Relinquishing control over Rapa Pile and requesting control over New Verham. I want to focus on the significant Vanukean influences still there. A figure will rise in oppossition to these influences, he will gain popularity with his calls for an end to Vanukean meddling, he gets arrested on inciting violence and protests and riots rock the nation. From there on several factions mingle into the unrest and eventually rise up, leading to a civil war until the popular figure gets released from prison in an effort to undermine divide the rebellion further.

After some discussion Moderation has decided not to approve this request. As has been explained before, Moderation and the Forum-Based Countries Coordinator all share a desire to see players invest their time and effort in long-term projects in the forum-based countries in order that the cultural, historical and political backgrounds to the countries can develop to the same extent as many of the ordinary playable countries.

If approved this would be the fifth forum-based country you have taken control of in a matter of months, we are simply not confident that you will commit to the project and feel it may end up as those other countries did. Given that you already control Istapali, we would prefer to see you invest your time in role-play there before we consider approving you in another country. While we understand you will be disappointed by this decision, we're not saying "definitely no" and we may reconsider if you were to apply again in future.
jamescfm

Postby thefalloutfan101 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:06 am

Relinquishing my control over Fredonia/Dalibor, citing a lack of ideas to go further with and an absence of international reaction to generate conflict for my rp.
Active in: New Englia (Primary Controller)

Current Member of the Roleplay Committee

"One may become a demagogue out of sheer political innocence." - Vladimir Lenin
thefalloutfan101

Location: Lonmouth, New Englia (IC) Florida, United States (OOC)

Postby jamescfm » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:39 am

thefalloutfan101 wrote:Relinquishing my control over Fredonia/Dalibor, citing a lack of ideas to go further with and an absence of international reaction to generate conflict for my rp.

Noted, thanks. The register has been updated.
jamescfm

Postby Rogue » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:45 am

jamescfm wrote:

After some discussion Moderation has decided not to approve this request. As has been explained before, Moderation and the Forum-Based Countries Coordinator all share a desire to see players invest their time and effort in long-term projects in the forum-based countries in order that the cultural, historical and political backgrounds to the countries can develop to the same extent as many of the ordinary playable countries.

If approved this would be the fifth forum-based country you have taken control of in a matter of months, we are simply not confident that you will commit to the project and feel it may end up as those other countries did. Given that you already control Istapali, we would prefer to see you invest your time in role-play there before we consider approving you in another country. While we understand you will be disappointed by this decision, we're not saying "definitely no" and we may reconsider if you were to apply again in future.

Thats some bullshit i guess. There is currently several players in control of third world nations where no RP is conducted at all. Including Ostland, Medina, New Englia, Midway and Hanzen. Just because i prefer to free up a nation for others to enjoy instead of sticking around doing nothing doesnt mean i dont have intentions for good roleplay. Istapali is currently the only nation i play in, if we go by the standard you currently put forth you should deny all requests from players that roleplay in the playable world. How can they possibly focus on a second nation right?
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

PreviousNext

Return to Requests