Requests: Cultural Protocols - CPs [M]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Cultural Protocol Queries (Approvals/Violations/Open)

Postby jamescfm » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:29 pm

The usual procedure for setting a country to "culturally open" requires that players pass a bill and that they have been active in the country for thirty days. Nonetheless clearly this is not "usual" circumstances. When the deadline passes for players to submit cultural protocols for approval tomorrow evening, the Moderation team will open a discussion on the Forum about what should happen to those cultural protocols without approval. If you feel Vorona should be set to "culturally open" status, I encourage you to share that view in that thread. I'll make sure to send you a reminder when the discussion starts.
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:13 pm

rtmfry wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=628105

Second half includes Cultural Protocols.

Unfortunately we can't recognise this bill as a cultural protocol update because it contains a significant amount of extraneous information that is likely to confuse players. With that said, the "cultural protocol" section of the bill does appear to be substantively the same as the cultural protocol that is currently enforced. If you present this bill on its own for approval then it is likely we could waive the 48 hour waiting period and approve the update.
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:38 pm

The above countries have all passed updated cultural protocols. Given our attempts to rectify the issues with cultural protocols and recognising that there are no changes any of these cases, we're happy to waive the usual 48 hour period before approval can be granted. All approved.

Players in each country will be contacted to remind them to post a clearly titled bill in the debate section with the new cultural protocol and to make sure that it links to the original bill as it was passed as well as this Moderation approval.
jamescfm

Postby Kubrick » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:49 pm

Aquinas wrote:
jamescfm wrote:
Kubrick wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=627968

New one, larger focus on Jelbic cultures as a whole, rise in Tanhrism, RP can be provided on request but IMO it should be good like this.

Given that the bill has now passed, I'll consider the submission. This would update the cultural protocol of a culturally protected country. As per the Game Rules, there will now be a 48 hour period for players to offer comment on the proposal before it can be approved.

Given the Mordusian proposal has (rightly, IMHO) been queried for adjustments ranging between 10% and 18%, in all due fairness, it would probably be appropriate to query the Vanuku proposals as well, which reduce Hosians by 12% and increase Jelbic Shamans by 14%.

First of all, the last CP dates from 400 in-game years ago, so transformations of the nation, are in my opinion, justified. Some RP has been done over the years to justify at least the decrease of Vanukeaans even further and the increase of Shamanism, which is also driven by the traditionalist and nationalist stance of the Khaganate. Nonetheless, the articles involved in my justification are linked below. I hope that answers all questions. I also refer to James his post that Zollism and Tanhrism, while similar, are two separate religions which does make the change substantially less extreme.

viewtopic.php?p=136506#p136506 – nuclear blast causes Shamanists to act, an increase in Tanhrism can only be expected.
viewtopic.php?p=151934#p151934 – Temrkai II was the “first” monarch of Vanuku to openly be Tanhrist, paving the way for even more conversions.
viewtopic.php?p=160499#p160499 – Vanukeaans was removed from education, it is only available as an opt-in course at universities.
viewtopic.php?p=160943#p160943 – due to the Khagan also being a Tanhrist/Zollist the religions are on the rise even more, with Jelbic traditionalism/nationalism gripping the Khaganate.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby jamescfm » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:07 pm

Kubrick wrote:First of all, the last CP dates from 400 in-game years ago, so transformations of the nation, are in my opinion, justified. Some RP has been done over the years to justify at least the decrease of Vanukeaans even further and the increase of Shamanism, which is also driven by the traditionalist and nationalist stance of the Khaganate. Nonetheless, the articles involved in my justification are linked below. I hope that answers all questions. I also refer to James his post that Zollism and Tanhrism, while similar, are two separate religions which does make the change substantially less extreme.

viewtopic.php?p=136506#p136506 – nuclear blast causes Shamanists to act, an increase in Tanhrism can only be expected.
viewtopic.php?p=151934#p151934 – Temrkai II was the “first” monarch of Vanuku to openly be Tanhrist, paving the way for even more conversions.
viewtopic.php?p=160499#p160499 – Vanukeaans was removed from education, it is only available as an opt-in course at universities.
viewtopic.php?p=160943#p160943 – due to the Khagan also being a Tanhrist/Zollist the religions are on the rise even more, with Jelbic traditionalism/nationalism gripping the Khaganate.

I think this provides useful justification for the changes being made but I'll allow a little more time for players to offer any comments before making a firm decision either way.
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:17 pm

The above bill was passed as a cultural protocol but never presented for Moderation approval. The bill passed is identical to the previous cultural protocol linked to in the Cultural Protocols Index. For this reason, we replaced the bill in the Index (which was in the "bills under debate" section) with this bill, to ensure that no changes were made to the bill without approval.

With that in mind, we are going to treat this as an update in which no substantive changes were made and waive the usual 48 hour period before approval can be granted. Approved.
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:22 pm

The above bill was passed but not presented for approval in this thread. This would update the cultural protocol of a culturally protected country. As per the Game Rules, there will now be a 48 hour period for players to offer comment on the proposal before it can be approved.

The only significant change is the creation of the "Alduran" (Occitan/Catalan) ethnic group, with a significant 12% of the population and a corresponding 12 pp reduction in the "Canrillaise" (French) population. I think this is a substantial change that would require role-play justification in order to be approved.
jamescfm

Postby rtmfry » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:38 am

jamescfm wrote:
rtmfry wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=628105

Second half includes Cultural Protocols.

Unfortunately we can't recognise this bill as a cultural protocol update because it contains a significant amount of extraneous information that is likely to confuse players. With that said, the "cultural protocol" section of the bill does appear to be substantively the same as the cultural protocol that is currently enforced. If you present this bill on its own for approval then it is likely we could waive the 48 hour waiting period and approve the update.

Thank you for the feedback. Rutania is now working to rectify the issue. This may take a day or two.
RTMFry, SEP, Rutania.
rtmfry

Postby jamescfm » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:37 am

This was already approved, see here. Please ensure you post a clearly titled bill in the debate section with the new cultural protocol and that it links to the original bill as it was passed as well as the Moderation approval.
jamescfm

PreviousNext

Return to Requests