Requests: Cultural Protocols - CPs [M]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Cultural Protocol Queries (Approvals/Violations/Open)

Postby Auditorii » Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:53 am

Auditorii wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=684689

Posting this here, giving this a 72 hour time period compared to the normal 48.

Approved, please place a link to the original bill passing, this approval message and it must be listed in the bills under debate section.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Polites » Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:08 am

Cultural protocol update for Tukarali: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=686646

Differences from current version:

* 15% shift from Brancos to Pardos
* redefinition of Pardos to include Filipinos
* introduction of Filipino languages in addition to the still dominant Portuguese
* Inkolo Esintsundu Sizwe Syncretism renamed as Mbanda, based on Afro-Brazilian religions, and increased by 15%, taking small numbers from each of the other religions

The point of these changes is to allow a partial return to the Filipino culture that Tukarali once had while maintaining its dominant Lusophone culture. The replacement of the IESS religion with Mbanda is a reflection of the decline of Ibutho as a distinct nation as well as an attempt to integrate African religions into Tukarali’s Portuguese-speaking culture.

These changes have also been recently RPd in Tukarali.
Polites

Postby Auditorii » Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:36 pm

Polites wrote:Cultural protocol update for Tukarali: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=686646

* introduction of Filipino languages in addition to the still dominant Portuguese
* Inkolo Esintsundu Sizwe Syncretism renamed as Mbanda, based on Afro-Brazilian religions, and increased by 15%, taking small numbers from each of the other religions

The point of these changes is to allow a partial return to the Filipino culture that Tukarali once had while maintaining its dominant Lusophone culture. The replacement of the IESS religion with Mbanda is a reflection of the decline of Ibutho as a distinct nation as well as an attempt to integrate African religions into Tukarali’s Portuguese-speaking culture.

I'm not quite sure how we all the sudden now have FIlipino's in Tukarali when it was based on Brazil with some Portugal-based influences. While I'm generally supportive of your efforts, the shift from Brazil to the Philippines makes no sense?
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Polites » Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:46 pm

Auditorii wrote:
Polites wrote:Cultural protocol update for Tukarali: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=686646

I'm not quite sure how we all the sudden now have FIlipino's in Tukarali when it was based on Brazil with some Portugal-based influences. While I'm generally supportive of your efforts, the shift from Brazil to the Philippines makes no sense?

It’s meant to be more of a soft retcon than an evolution of the current culture. The idea is that Tukarali used to be based on the Philippines a long time ago, and that is a culture that is not really represented in the game. This update introduces it without changing the fundamental Portuguese-speaking culture of Tukarali.

There aren’t many leftovers from Tukarali’s Filipino stage, but there’s some things still left on the wiki that attest to that era. During the Malagar and Aynako periods (RPd by Ryouta and myself several years ago) Tagalog and Mongolian used to be the two official languages of Tukarali.

In terms of IG justification, what happened is that Tukarese (Portuguese) only became the dominant language in the 34th century (which is also when it was OOC introduced) as a result of a massive increase in immigration resulting from the rule of a prosperous and very stable multiethnic democracy that ended up lasting for 1600 years. The language was already present in the nation before, but it had not served as the lingua franca. Now there’s renewed interest in Tukarali’s other languages and culture due to the reemergence of Malagarism.

Hope this explanation makes sense and clarifies the reasoning behind the reintroduction of Philippine culture.
Polites

Postby Auditorii » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:38 am

How then do we explain the presence of Filipino's inside of Dankuk/Drania, where they've historically been and continue to be RP'd for quite sometime?
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Polites » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:20 am

Dranianos aren't really Filipino, at least not in the sense of having a culture based on the Philippines and speaking any of the Filipino languages. They are defined as a mixed race group consisting of a Spanish and Korean component, and speak Spanish with Korean loanwords, very much unlike RL Filipinos. My understanding is that the Filipino part comes from the fact that the Philippines were the only Spanish colony in Asia, mirroring the situation of Drania/Dankuk, the only Dovani nation with an Egelian influence. As for RL Filipino cultural influence on Dankuk I honestly don't believe I've ever seen any in RP, but if there were any then it could very easily be explained as Tukarese cultural influence. The House of Aynako, the former royal dynasty of Tukarali, merged with Dankuk's House of Ryeo, and could have thus brought some of their native Tukarese culture with them (more details here).

My CP update proposal is primarily aimed at restoring a cultural element that had been part of Tukarali without radically changing the current culture. Tukarali will continue to be based on Brazil and other Portuguese-speaking cultures, only that its indigenous population with be Filipino. There will also be opportunity for the use of Tagalog, Cebuano, and Ilocano, languages not present anywhere else in PT and relatively easy to implement due to their presence on Google Translate.
Polites

Postby Auditorii » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:15 pm

Polites wrote:Dranianos aren't really Filipino, at least not in the sense of having a culture based on the Philippines and speaking any of the Filipino languages. They are defined as a mixed race group consisting of a Spanish and Korean component, and speak Spanish with Korean loanwords, very much unlike RL Filipinos. My understanding is that the Filipino part comes from the fact that the Philippines were the only Spanish colony in Asia, mirroring the situation of Drania/Dankuk, the only Dovani nation with an Egelian influence. As for RL Filipino cultural influence on Dankuk I honestly don't believe I've ever seen any in RP, but if there were any then it could very easily be explained as Tukarese cultural influence. The House of Aynako, the former royal dynasty of Tukarali, merged with Dankuk's House of Ryeo, and could have thus brought some of their native Tukarese culture with them (more details here).

My CP update proposal is primarily aimed at restoring a cultural element that had been part of Tukarali without radically changing the current culture. Tukarali will continue to be based on Brazil and other Portuguese-speaking cultures, only that its indigenous population with be Filipino. There will also be opportunity for the use of Tagalog, Cebuano, and Ilocano, languages not present anywhere else in PT and relatively easy to implement due to their presence on Google Translate.

Fair points, give me a day or two to review and I'll get back to you.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Auditorii » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:08 pm

This is approved, please place a copy of the passed Cultural Protocol with a link to this post in addition to a link to the passed bill in the "Bills Under Debate" section.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby hyraemous » Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:48 pm

http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=45540

I didn't know that Vorona became Luthorian again... or at least their cabinet...
My nation is: Image Kundrati / My party is: Kundrati Democracy
"Instead realize that your country [Kundrati] isn’t special..." - Farsun
hyraemous

Postby Auditorii » Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:14 pm

hyraemous wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty.php?partyid=45540

I didn't know that Vorona became Luthorian again... or at least their cabinet...

I have to review the situation with the Vorona Cultural protocol, but noted.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

PreviousNext

Return to Requests