Requests: Cultural Protocols - CPs [M]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Cultural Protocol Queries (Approvals/Violations/Open)

Postby ReformedEndralon » Wed May 03, 2023 7:24 pm

Good evening,

Finally got around to voting in new Cultural Protocols for Solentia for Moderator approval - http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=681795
ReformedEndralon

Postby Auditorii » Thu May 04, 2023 5:04 am

I'll take sometime to review this.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Polites » Thu May 11, 2023 8:19 am

Cultural Protocol update for Aldegar: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=688266
Differences from current version:

* removed the various Iranian minorities (Kurds, Pashtun, Baloch) that are now present in Majatra;
* redefined Aldegarians as Parsis as opposed to Persians;
* added a Javanese ethnic group with 10% of the population;
* separated Zamanism from Yazdism as a distinct religion;
* removed Hamekhodaism and Rowshanism;
* minor changes in religion percentages;
* defined Gujarati as the most widely spoken language in Aldegar.

Motivation behind these changes:
* Aldegar used to be based on Greater Iran, and as such it currently includes all major ethnic groups speaking Iranian languages. With Barmenistan becoming majority Kurdish a while ago and with Solentia on its way to become a mix of Afghanistan and Pakistan most or even all of these ethnic groups now have a presence in Majatra, making them superfluous in Aldegar;
* Most Persians are Muslim IRL, while Parsis are Zoroastrian, so the latter fit Aldegar's religious and cultural makeup better;
* With the recent introduction of Filipino ethnic groups in Tukarali there is now room for other Austronesian ethnicities in Central Seleya. Javanese culture contains substantial Indian influence and can serve as a good justification for retaining a major presence of Daenism in Aldegar, the place of its birth;
* I've recently done work on Yazdism to make it more polytheistic, or at least more open to a polytheistic interpretation. Because of this the monotheistic sect of Ahadism that was defined as a majority within Yazdism is no longer needed. Zamanism and the rest of Yazdism are now distinct enough that they can be fully separated from each other;
* Rowshanism was fun to RP with but it has not shown up in any RP for several years. That's even more so the case for Hamekhodaism;
* Persian is not an easy language to use. Google Translate does not transliterate the language, forcing players that don't speak the language to use dictionaries, which is not an ideal situation. Most Persian text is in the Perso-Arabic script, not suitable for Aldegar, and Tajik is written in Cyrillic, also unsuitable. The native language of Parsis is Gujarati, and most RL Zoroastrians are Parsis. Therefore most Zoroastrian resources have some form of Gujarati text on them. The language is much easier to use as Google Translate transliterates it and is a better fit culturally (with Filipino and Javanese cultures having some Indian influence, and the native scripts of both the Filipino languages and Javanese being Indic-derived Brahmic scripts). Gujarati has significant Persian influences, and with the planned introduction of Punjabis in Solentia's recent cultural protocol, there is a related language spoken relatively close. Since there's already three nations with a Desi culture (Malivia, Vascania, and Medina), this Cultural Protocol update makes no direct reference to Indian culture other than the use of Gujarati and the presence of the Parsi people. I don't think people will believe that Aldegar is another Indian nation based on this CP, especially with the heavy emphasis on Zoroastrianism and other Persian elements.
Polites

Postby Auditorii » Fri May 12, 2023 2:39 pm

Polites wrote:Cultural Protocol update for Aldegar: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=688266

* removed the various Iranian minorities (Kurds, Pashtun, Baloch) that are now present in Majatra;

* Aldegar used to be based on Greater Iran, and as such it currently includes all major ethnic groups speaking Iranian languages. With Barmenistan becoming majority Kurdish a while ago and with Solentia on its way to become a mix of Afghanistan and Pakistan most or even all of these ethnic groups now have a presence in Majatra, making them superfluous in Aldegar;
* Most Persians are Muslim IRL, while Parsis are Zoroastrian, so the latter fit Aldegar's religious and cultural makeup better;
* With the recent introduction of Filipino ethnic groups in Tukarali there is now room for other Austronesian ethnicities in Central Seleya. Javanese culture contains substantial Indian influence and can serve as a good justification for retaining a major presence of Daenism in Aldegar, the place of its birth;
* I've recently done work on Yazdism to make it more polytheistic, or at least more open to a polytheistic interpretation. Because of this the monotheistic sect of Ahadism that was defined as a majority within Yazdism is no longer needed. Zamanism and the rest of Yazdism are now distinct enough that they can be fully separated from each other;
* Rowshanism was fun to RP with but it has not shown up in any RP for several years. That's even more so the case for Hamekhodaism;
* Persian is not an easy language to use. Google Translate does not transliterate the language, forcing players that don't speak the language to use dictionaries, which is not an ideal situation. Most Persian text is in the Perso-Arabic script, not suitable for Aldegar, and Tajik is written in Cyrillic, also unsuitable. The native language of Parsis is Gujarati, and most RL Zoroastrians are Parsis. Therefore most Zoroastrian resources have some form of Gujarati text on them. The language is much easier to use as Google Translate transliterates it and is a better fit culturally (with Filipino and Javanese cultures having some Indian influence, and the native scripts of both the Filipino languages and Javanese being Indic-derived Brahmic scripts). Gujarati has significant Persian influences, and with the planned introduction of Punjabis in Solentia's recent cultural protocol, there is a related language spoken relatively close. Since there's already three nations with a Desi culture (Malivia, Vascania, and Medina), this Cultural Protocol update makes no direct reference to Indian culture other than the use of Gujarati and the presence of the Parsi people. I don't think people will believe that Aldegar is another Indian nation based on this CP, especially with the heavy emphasis on Zoroastrianism and other Persian elements.

This will take me sometime to sort through and make a decision on.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Naseem Khan » Thu May 18, 2023 10:53 am

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=688487

Proposed protocol update for Kizenia and New Endralon.
Naseem Khan

Postby Auditorii » Sat May 20, 2023 2:55 pm

Naseem Khan wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=688487

Can you provide me an update/breakdown of what was changed?
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Naseem Khan » Sat May 20, 2023 6:40 pm

I have rewritten the opening section to remove references to "the Confederation". Since this is a specific form of government, it will not always be applicable to new players and does not belong in the cultural protocol.

I have decreased the Kuzaki (Kalmyk) from 18 per cent to 13 per cent. Since I have been unable to find any easy translation or naming tools, I think it makes sense to reduce this population. In order to account for the reduction, I have increased the Kizenian (Romanian) population from 40 per cent to 43 per cent and the New Endralonian / Zyldavian (Hungarian) population from 35 per cent to 37 per cent. I have added a couple of sentences describing the approximate geographic distribution of the three ethnic groups.

I have replaced the Sullestian (Finnish) population with a Rodshyan (Russian) population. In both cases, the group only accounts for 1 per cent of the total population. The latter seems likely given the influence of the country's more powerful neighbour Trigunia.

I have added a few sentences describing the links between religion and ethnic identity in the country. I have increased the population identifying with the Kizenian Patriarchal Church (Eastern Orthodox with aspects of Slavic mythology) from 36 per cent to 40 per cent. The Luthoran (Protestant/Lutheran) population has been reduced from 27 per cent to 25 per cent. The population identifying with Amelioritism (Calvinism) has decreased from 12 per cent to 10 per cent.

Previously the language section described Kizenian (Romanian) as the country's primary language. I have reworded this section to emphasise the linguistically divided nature of the country and the prevalence of bilingualism. I have specified a real-life equivalent for Kuzaki (Kalmyk Oirat) because this was previously not mentioned.

In the naming section, I have added that Mongol names are an acceptable substitute for Kalmyk names for accessibility reasons.
Naseem Khan

Postby Auditorii » Mon May 22, 2023 4:02 pm

Naseem Khan wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=688487

Approved, please place a link to this approval in the a copy and pasted version of the cultural protocol in the "Bills under debate" section.

Appreciate the explanation.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Auditorii » Mon May 22, 2023 4:06 pm

Polites wrote:Cultural Protocol update for Aldegar: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=688266

I'm going to deny this cultural protocol application and maintain the current cultural protocol. I've got to admit I have a lot of doubts about using Gujarati and Parsi's as the base for Aldegar when they are an incredibly small portion of the population in the real world.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Polites » Fri May 26, 2023 2:13 pm

Cultural Protocol update for Aldegar: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=688792

* added a Javanese and a Parsi ethnic group, with 11% and 9% of the population, respectively;
* minor changes in religion percentages, and added denomination percentages for Daenism;
* clarified that Tajik is the official variety of Persian used in Aldegar.

* The Iranian minorities are already present elsewhere;
* Parsis are a relevant RL culture that has often been indirectly used for RP in Aldegar, this makes them an official and relatively small minority; their Zoroastrian religion IRL and Persian-influenced culture makes them fit comfortably in Aldegar;
* The Javanese fit well on the island of Somasi which they now share with the Parsis, and offer a nice transition from their Indo-Persian culture to the Filipinos in Tukarali;
* Justification for religion changes the same as for the previous attempt;
* Tajik is on Google Translate and is easy to use. It's also been explicitly RPd in Aldegar for some time, and it was recently RPd as the sole official language of the nation.
Polites

PreviousNext

Return to Requests