Requests: Cultural Protocols - CPs [M]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Cultural Protocol Queries (Approvals/Violations/Open)

Postby journey. » Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:35 am

http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=45073

Nicely written party description, however, inappropriate names in description and cabinet to cultural protocols.
Сurrently:
Kundrati Elkarrekin – Kundrati (active)

Formerly:
Co-controller in New Verham
Parti du Progrès Démocratique – Kanjor (inactive)
Progressiewe – Saridan (inactive)
Emek ve Eşitlik Toplumu – Jakania (inactive)
Progresivisti – Deltaria (inactive)
journey.

Postby XanderOne » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:26 pm

Auditorii wrote:
XanderOne wrote:In Istalia we approved these new cultural protocols:
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=682592

About the justifications for the changements introduced, I reported all the roleplayed elements into this debate bill: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=681071 (into the bill's description after the proposed demographic changements)

I will review and let you know, when I post that I have approved the 48 hour timer will start.

Can I ask about the review status of these CPs?

Thank you
XanderOne

Postby Auditorii » Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:32 am

I'll be catching up on these requests this weekend and I'll provide what answers I can this weekend.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Polites » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:05 am

Have you had a chance to review the outstanding Cultural Protocols?
Polites

Postby Auditorii » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:24 pm

Polites wrote:Have you had a chance to review the outstanding Cultural Protocols?

The issue that I have with the changes to the cultural protocol is one that I believe we've discussed via Discord at some point, likely when I was in Kanjor myself. Culturally we're shifting the Canrillaise people from French (which they've now been for the better part of an IRL decade) to South American. That has significant implications when it comes to the overall "vibe" and "feel" of the Canrillaise people. It's not as if we're just modeling the Canrillaise people based off South American countries (i.e. look, location, etc.) Many of these nations have rather deeply engrained "vibes" of French culture, notably the use of real-life French cities, politicians, and events, etc. I'm weary to make such a change that fundamentally alters that history.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Drax » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:29 pm

If someone returned to Kanjor (such as me) at some point, wonder how difficult it would be to make it French again?
Neue Dundorfische Zentrumspartei (NDZP), Dundorf, Active
Deltarianska Narodna Strana (DNS), Deltaria, Active
Dedicated to the proposition.
Drax

Postby Polites » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:03 pm

Auditorii wrote:
Polites wrote:Have you had a chance to review the outstanding Cultural Protocols?

The issue that I have with the changes to the cultural protocol is one that I believe we've discussed via Discord at some point, likely when I was in Kanjor myself. Culturally we're shifting the Canrillaise people from French (which they've now been for the better part of an IRL decade) to South American. That has significant implications when it comes to the overall "vibe" and "feel" of the Canrillaise people. It's not as if we're just modeling the Canrillaise people based off South American countries (i.e. look, location, etc.) Many of these nations have rather deeply engrained "vibes" of French culture, notably the use of real-life French cities, politicians, and events, etc. I'm weary to make such a change that fundamentally alters that history.

That's a reasonable point. Would an update that maintains the current definition but with updated demographics be acceptable? The background history of Canrille originating from late Selucian colonization has already been firmly established on the Wikia and in the Cultural Protocols of Alduria. If Kanjor were defined as France but originating in a "New World" scenario would that work work? There is at least one precedent for having a RL "Old World" culture presented as having emerged out of early modern colonization, and that is Greater Hulstria. I imagine that something along those lines for Kanjor could work, with some tweaks?
Polites

Postby XanderOne » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:16 pm

XanderOne wrote:
Auditorii wrote:
XanderOne wrote:In Istalia we approved these new cultural protocols:
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=682592

About the justifications for the changements introduced, I reported all the roleplayed elements into this debate bill: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=681071 (into the bill's description after the proposed demographic changements)

I will review and let you know, when I post that I have approved the 48 hour timer will start.

Can I ask about the review status of these CPs?

Thank you

About this one?
XanderOne

Postby Auditorii » Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:41 am

Polites wrote:
Auditorii wrote:

That's a reasonable point. Would an update that maintains the current definition but with updated demographics be acceptable? The background history of Canrille originating from late Selucian colonization has already been firmly established on the Wikia and in the Cultural Protocols of Alduria. If Kanjor were defined as France but originating in a "New World" scenario would that work work? There is at least one precedent for having a RL "Old World" culture presented as having emerged out of early modern colonization, and that is Greater Hulstria. I imagine that something along those lines for Kanjor could work, with some tweaks?

My issue remains that Kanjor and the wider Canrillaise nations have always been culturally "French". The history to me is slightly less concerning but the radical shift in cultural demographics is a concern. I'm not sure how to reconcile the two together. I do not want to be come off as inflexible but at the same time, I have a vested interest in ensuring that not everything changes.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Auditorii » Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:43 am

XanderOne wrote:About this one?

You have errors in percentages, notably in the first section where it amounts to 101%. This will require a re-pass of the proposed Cultural Protocols.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

PreviousNext

Return to Requests