Requests: Plagiarism Reviews [M]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Plagiarism reports

Postby robmark0000 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:21 pm

Auditorii wrote:
robmark0000 wrote:
Auditorii wrote:I think that Moderation deleting the bills creates not only a dangerous precedent but also generally violates the "unofficial" game rules that have been used when it comes to deleting bills.

Says the man who did this.

Shitposting again Rob? Impressive for the new World Congress Coordinator to be posting this.

Thanks. I'll pull an Aquinas and save this.

Wow, I don't took full "political" independence. But if you have ANY questions regarding the World Congress, I'll be here and serve you with the very best of my knowledge and kindness ;)
Information: Player Profile here, Musical Profile here, Political Compass here.
World Congress Coordinator

"Only the Young can run. So run, and run, and run!" ~ Taylor Swift
robmark0000

Location: Hungary / Magyarország (my liberal soul is in prison here, big big sadness)

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:21 pm

robmark0000 wrote:
Auditorii wrote:I think that Moderation deleting the bills creates not only a dangerous precedent but also generally violates the "unofficial" game rules that have been used when it comes to deleting bills.

Says the man who did this.

Really, he used a wiki article for a RP IG law... He is not speaking hypocrisy and that has nothing to do with it... Farsun is not a perfect player and none of us are but we need to really stop spreading false claims such as this....
"Alaskan"
Dolgovas konservatīvā partija (Dolgava) info
Also in Hanzen
My RP: Dolgava

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning - Erwin Rommel
alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby Auditorii » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:21 pm

We'll see for how long with that behavior and attitude. :D
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby robmark0000 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:24 pm

Auditorii wrote:We'll see for how long with that behavior and attitude. :D

I love you and everyone else, Farsun.
Information: Player Profile here, Musical Profile here, Political Compass here.
World Congress Coordinator

"Only the Young can run. So run, and run, and run!" ~ Taylor Swift
robmark0000

Location: Hungary / Magyarország (my liberal soul is in prison here, big big sadness)

Postby jellybean » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:41 pm

I think Auditorii has a point - it would be best if plagiarized writing could be modified or connected to an OOC source, rather than outright deleted. Simply deleting items is more time-efficient but could lead to problems.

Is it possible for Moderation to modify treaties and bills, or are those uneditable?
jellybean

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:44 pm

Jellybean and Farsun bring up good points. I think instead of deleting and creating conflict, use a citation generator and put it below the post in question. That way no one gets their feelings hurt and the problem is addressed without it being made a big deal. Also the mods won't have to work tirelessly to delete them. It solves every problem. I agree with Jellybean and Farsun 130% great idea!
"Alaskan"
Dolgovas konservatīvā partija (Dolgava) info
Also in Hanzen
My RP: Dolgava

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning - Erwin Rommel
alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby jellybean » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:49 pm

The ideal should be that a plagiarized post or item is revised to be original content. In the case of bills and treaties, though, that may not be possible.
jellybean

Postby ChitinKal » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:48 am

ChitinKal wrote:I'll have a look through and remove these most recent reports when I get the chance later tonight, and remove any previous posts that are yet to be addressed.

I'd also like it if we can keep this thread to solely reports of plagiarism. Discussion of the topic of plagiarism can be put in the "Quality RP or plagiarism?" thread, discussion of other topics can be had in other threads, and personal attacks and fighting can be taken off the forum and official Discord. Thank you for your understanding, limiting this thread to reports alone makes our job easier as we won't have to sift through paragraphs not having to do with reports.

I would appreciate it if y'all would listen when I say this thread is meant for plagiarism reports. Discussion belongs in the thread linked in the above quote. Memes and personal attacks are definitely not appropriate in this thread.
RP Controller of Liore
Fronto de Aŭgustana Vekiĝo (Zardugal) (Inactive) link
Mare Unitu (Keymon) (Inactive) link
Ár Náisiún (Kirlawa) (Inactive) link
National Conservative Party (Kalistan) (Inactive) link
ChitinKal

Postby Aquinas » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:45 pm

Zongxian

This is a currently active RP law. Note that besides the plagiarism problem, this RP law also asserts "Amendment of this Constitution requires a two-third vote in favor of the proposed amendment", which is a provision not allowed by the Game Rules.

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=624467
https://www.constituteproject.org/const ... 13?lang=en

Zongxian wrote:Everyone shall be equal before the law and enjoy human rights irrespective of sex, religion, national origin, race, color, property, birth or other status. Men and women shall enjoy equal rights in all respects.

Source wrote:Everyone shall be equal before the law and enjoy human rights irrespective of sex, religion, opinion, national origin, race, colour, property, birth or other status.

Men and women shall enjoy equal rights in all respects.

Zongxian wrote:No one may be deprived of Dranian citizenship. Loss of citizenship may, however, be provided for by law, in the event a person accepts citizenship in another State. An alien can only be granted Dranian citizenship according to law. A Dranian citizen cannot be barred from entering the Dranian Federation nor expelled there from. The rights of aliens to enter and reside in the Dranian Federation, and the reasons for which they may be expelled, shall be laid down by law. No one may be barred from leaving the Dranian Federation except by judicial decision. A person may however be prevented from leaving the Dranian Federation by lawful arrest. Every person lawfully residing in the Dranian Federation shall be free to choose his residence and shall enjoy freedom of travel subject to any limitations laid down by law.

Source wrote:No one may be deprived of Icelandic citizenship. Loss of citizenship may, however, be provided for by law, in the event a person accepts citizenship in another State. An alien can only be granted Icelandic citizenship according to law.

An Icelandic citizen cannot be barred from entering Iceland nor expelled there from. The rights of aliens to enter and reside in Iceland, and the reasons for which they may be expelled, shall be laid down by law.

No one may be barred from leaving Iceland except by judicial decision. A person may however be prevented from leaving Iceland by lawful arrest.

Every person lawfully residing in Iceland shall be free to choose his residence and shall enjoy freedom of travel subject to any limitations laid down by law.

Zongxian wrote:No one may be deprived of his liberty except as permitted by law. Any person deprived of his liberty shall be entitled to be informed promptly of the reasons for this measure.

Source wrote:No one may be deprived of his liberty except as permitted by law.

Any person deprived of his liberty shall be entitled to be informed promptly of the reasons for this measure.

Zongxian wrote:Any person deprived of his liberty for other reasons shall be entitled to have the legality of the measure reviewed by a court as soon as possible. If his deprivation of liberty proves to have been unlawful he shall be released forthwith. Any person deprived of his liberty without valid reason shall have a right to compensation.

Source wrote:Any person deprived of his liberty for other reasons shall be entitled to have the legality of the measure reviewed by a court as soon as possible. If his deprivation of liberty proves to have been unlawful he shall be released forthwith.

Any person deprived of his liberty without valid reason shall have a right to compensation.

Zongxian wrote:No one may be subjected to torture or any other inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.

Source wrote:No one may be subjected to torture or any other inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.

Zongxian wrote:No one may be subjected to punishment unless found guilty of conduct that constituted a criminal offence according to the law at the time when it was committed, or is totally analogous to such conduct. The sanctions may not be more severe than the law permitted at the time of commission.

Source wrote:No one may be subjected to punishment unless found guilty of conduct that constituted a criminal offence according to the law at the time when it was committed, or is totally analogous to such conduct. The sanctions may not be more severe than the law permitted at the time of commission.

Zongxian wrote:Everyone shall, for the determination of his rights and obligations or in the event of a criminal charge against him, be entitled, following a fair trial and within a reasonable time, to the resolution of an independent and impartial court of law. A hearing by a court of law shall take place in public, except if the judge decides otherwise as provided for by law in the interest of morals, public order, the security of the state or the interests of the parties. Everyone charged with criminal conduct shall be presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Source wrote:Everyone shall, for the determination of his rights and obligations or in the event of a criminal charge against him, be entitled, following a fair trial and within a reasonable time, to the resolution of an independent and impartial court of law. A hearing by a court of law shall take place in public, except if the judge decides otherwise as provided for by law in the interest of morals, public order, the security of the State or the interests of the parties.

Everyone charged with criminal conduct shall be presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Zongxian wrote:The right of private ownership shall be inviolate. No one may be obliged to surrender his property unless required by public interests. Such a measure shall be provided for by law, and full compensation shall be paid. The right of foreign parties to own real property interests or shares in business enterprises in the Dranian Federation may be limited by law.

Source wrote:The right of private ownership shall be inviolate. No one may be obliged to surrender his property unless required by public interests. Such a measure shall be provided for by law, and full compensation shall be paid.

The right of foreign parties to own real property interests or shares in business enterprises in Iceland may be limited by law.

Zongxian wrote:Everyone is free to pursue the occupation of his choosing. This right may however be restricted by law, if such restriction is required with regard to the public interest. The right of people to negotiate terms of employment and other labor-related matters shall be regulated by law.

Source wrote:Everyone is free to pursue the occupation of his choosing. This right may however be restricted by law, if such restriction is required with regard to the public interest.

The right of people to negotiate terms of employment and other labour-related matters shall be regulated by law.

Zongxian wrote:The law shall guarantee for everyone the necessary assistance in case of sickness, invalidity, infirmity by reason of old age, unemployment and similar circumstances. The law shall guarantee for everyone suitable general education and tuition. For children, the law shall guarantee the protection and care which is necessary for their well-being.

Source wrote:The law shall guarantee for everyone the necessary assistance in case of sickness, invalidity, infirmity by reason of old age, unemployment and similar circumstances.

The law shall guarantee for everyone suitable general education and tuition.

For children, the law shall guarantee the protection and care which is necessary for their well-being.

Zongxian wrote:Matters concerning taxes shall be regulated by law. The power to decide whether to levy a tax, change a tax or abolish a tax may not be vested in administrative authorities. No tax may be levied unless the levy was permitted by law at the time when the facts occurred on which the tax liability is based.

Source wrote:Matters concerning taxes shall be regulated by law. The power to decide whether to levy a tax, change a tax or abolish a tax may not be vested in administrative authorities.

No tax may be levied unless the levy was permitted by law at the time when the facts occurred on which the tax liability is based.

Zongxian wrote:Administrative subdivisions shall manage their affairs independently as laid down by law.
The income sources of the administrative subdivisions, and the right of the administrative subdivisions to decide whether and how to use their sources of income, shall be regulated by law.

Source wrote:The municipalities shall manage their affairs independently as laid down by law.

The income sources of the municipalities, and the right of the municipalities to decide whether and how to use their sources of income, shall be regulated by law.

Zongxian wrote:Proposals to amend this Constitution may be introduced in the Federal Senate. Amendment of this Constitution requires a two-third vote in favor of the proposed amendment. Upon successful two-thirds vote in the Federal Senate, the amendment shall be confirmed by the Federal Chairman and come into force as constitutional law.

Source wrote:Proposals to amend or supplement this Constitution may be introduced at regular as well as extraordinary sessions of Althingi. If the proposal is adopted, Althingi shall immediately be dissolved and a general election held. If Althingi then passes the resolution unchanged, it shall be confirmed by the President of the Republic and come into force as constitutional law.
Aquinas

Postby Zongxian » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:03 am

Yes, I admit that I did heavily reference the Iceland Constitution in creating a constitution for Dankuk.

I'm going to be very blunt and I accept the consequences that may come from it.

It is no surprise to see my name pop up within a day of questioning a plagiarism report. I suppose it'd be in my best interest to hold my tongue lest I put an even larger target on my back. But whatever.

Sorry that I don't feel like devoting a lot of time to writing substantive legal documents for a fantasy country in a tiny internet game. I have zero interest in writing unique legal documents or formal treaties or whatever of similar nature. I'm not a lawyer, I'm not a creative writer, I'm not a legislator, I'm not an academic... I'm just broadly interested in RP of countries and political parties. I'm certain this is true for others as well. If I want to be held to strict, unwavering academic standards then I'll go pursue another masters degree.
Zongxian

PreviousNext

Return to Requests