World Trade Center

Organisations involving national governments as members.

World Trade Center Location

Poll ended at Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:24 am

Mordusia
38%
Lodamum
15%
Beiteinu
8%
Beluzia
38%
Other
No votes

Total votes : 13

Re: World Trade Center

Postby radkid1994 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:31 am

Beluzian Representitive wrote:
A Representative of Beitenyu wrote:Our Campaign was also the first to come up with the idea of International Territory for the World Trade Center.

Not true. Beluzia simply failed to elaborate at first. We already have the World Conference Centre on international territory and we're already a neutral nation - something Mordusia tries to be.
We had already said, however, that the Terran Stock Market would be set up similar to it.

We plan to build a compleatly new building dedicated to the World Trade Center. The World Trade Center is, our opinion, worth more than a mere section of a building. The World Trade Center deserves to be the grandest of all the buildings of the world. Our complex is planned to contain the worlds second largest tower, the first being located in the city of Birateynu, Le Tour de Terra.

Beluzian Representative wrote:
A Representative of Beitenyu wrote:Also, Beiteynu has a larger surplus that Mordusia and Beiteynu combined.

We are not sure how a nation can have more surplus than itself and another nation combined; it's like saying my left hand has more money than both my hands combined.

--

There are plans underway for the creation of an International Resource Centre, within the compound of the World Conference Centre. The Terran Stock Market is best located there.

We mean to say Beluzia. Excuse us for our mistake.

We again repeat our grievances from before. The World Conference Center is the center of just Beluzian diplomatic activity. However, Yishalem is/will be home to Terra's most elite organizations. Yishalem has hosted the conference on Luthori, and currently it's sister city, Ir Melechim, is holding a conference on Alduria. International Diplomacy has made Beiteynu a home of diplomacy.
radkid1994

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:03 pm

We plan to build a compleatly new building dedicated to the World Trade Center. The World Trade Center is, our opinion, worth more than a mere section of a building.

We didn't say it would be a part of the Conference Centre.
We said we would expand the compound to contain the centre, since it has the largest parking lot in Artania. We would still expand the parking lot even more, and add a multi-level one for the Trade Centre. When we said "similar to it" we meant that our government wouldn't be able to interfere with what goes on there.

We again repeat our grievances from before. The World Conference Center is the center of just Beluzian diplomatic activity.

The World Conference Centre is not for Beluzian diplomacy; Beluzian diplomacy barely exists because we have decided to remain a neutral nation. The conference centre is for international use.
Our own Foreign Affairs Ministry is completely separate - that is for our diplomatic activity, whenever it occurs.

Delegation to the Beluzian Foreign Ministry, and the World Conference Centre, must be separate - they both have offices for extra diplomats to sit in, apart from the diplomats already in consulate offices or embassies on their own compounds.

Users of the World Conference Centre have access to guest houses - we plan to provide the same priveleges to users of the Stock Market.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby catparty » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:20 pm

The Barmenian delegation would discuss how Conference Center City, Barmenia, is perhaps the largest hub of diplomatic activity on Terra (particularly for the ATR and Majatran Union) if Barmenia was still in this competition. However, as much like Beluzia we have already been eliminated from the competition, we will not.

Beitenyu has led Mordusia in the second round polls for over a week now. We suggest that we end the voting, so as the Ikegaru Development Corporation can get to work in Yishalem, Beitenyu, building the complex.

Libertarian Alliance of Cats
Feline Homeland of Barmenia

Progressive Party
Realms of Luthori
catparty

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:53 pm

If Beitenyu is officially recognised by everyone else, Beluzia will consider building a Majatran branch of the International Resource Centre. Hopefully Beitenyu allows it.

The "International Resource Centre" project is funded by the Deltarian government as well as Karav Industries.

OOC: I'm trying to bring the currency converter to an IC matter.
I based the exchange rates on Lodamun's currency, but now that Beitenyu will host the Terran Stock Market, I was thinking to base it on Beitenyu's currency instead, but a wise person told me that it wouldn't be such a good idea to base it on Beitenyu's currency instead of Lodamun, and he was more accepting of the idea that I allow players to choose which currency to base it on, so I added Beitenyu's rates to the currency converter so that players can use those instead.

Currencies.JPG
Currencies.JPG (86.23 KiB) Viewed 978 times
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby radkid1994 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:47 am

If we are chosen to be the hosting nation, we would be glad to host a Majatran branch of the International Resource Centre.
radkid1994

Postby Siggon Kristov » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:50 pm

Even if Beitenyu isn't the host of the TSM, we will be glad to allow you to host the Majatran branch. We will be opening the head office in 3334.
Siggon Kristov

Postby federalist11 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:31 pm

OOC: Beitenyu has been voted the most, there have been multiple votes. In the event the party of Beitenyu goes inactive, there is a radical nation change there, or some other event it will stay in Beitenyu. This does not prevent other nations from having commercial centers. I do find it a bit funny that the Jewish nation has won the WTC. Anyway, if there are objections post them below. I am going to update the charts fairly soon.

IC: Reigning CEO of Strom Industries King Mark I of Tarekha, Davostag congratulates Beitenyu and proposes the immediate construction of the WTC.
federalist11

Postby Siggon Kristov » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:51 pm

Foreign Minister Yuri Kuznetsov announced that funds will be withdrawn from the economic project in Mordusia, and instead spent on the development of the WTC. He will also urge the Beluzian government to donate necessary resources. While Beitenyu is capable of handling all expenses, Beluzia would like to contribute to take some load off Beitenyu, and hopefully accelerate construction.

Neil Bushnell, CEO of Karav Industries, pledges to cover all expenses related to the branch of the International Resource Centre that will be in Beitenyu. This branch will allow international trade to be done in Beitenyu"s currency, and if other stockholders agree, a new currency can be created as well, purely for stock market trade.
Siggon Kristov

Postby radkid1994 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:01 am

We are happy to start construction of the Beit Ha'Olam Complex, Home of the World Trade Center. The King invites architectural advisers from each participating company to come to Yishalem to talk about ideas for the Complex.
radkid1994

Previous

Return to Intergovernmental Organizations