PHOENIX ALLIANCE

Organisations involving national governments as members.

Re: PHOENIX ALLIANCE

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed May 16, 2012 11:59 am

Section 1 says "an armed attack against one state to be an armed attack against all states."

If an ATR nation attacks Luthori, are you going to defend Luthori?
That will be betrayal of the ATR.

Rome6197 wrote:You do not know what is the treaty all about, do you??

Please read the introductory paragraph...

according to the introductory paragraph... the alliance will work in concensus... all member states shall first agree to a common decision before performing an action....... so if one country do not want to engage in a war against another country we will not engage in war......... its all about the treaty............ read the treaty please.........

I don't think you get the point, here.
Your treaty isn't as important, to most players, as the other alliances.

You clearly show you know nothing of the current standings of nations and their alliances.

I read the treaty, and it's a typical "alliance" with members of other alliances which are enemies of each other. You have gotten them to sign an MDP, betraying their alliances.
Watuni has betrayed the ATR, because it is in an MDP with Luthori, and Luthori has attacked ATR nations. Do you think Luthori is really going to wait on an alliance consensus before going to war?

Watuni signed the ATR treaty, which says "The signatory states convene to help each other in any case of military aggression from outside in all possible ways, as this is also known as a Mutual Defence Pact between all signatory-members."
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby catparty » Wed May 16, 2012 2:02 pm

The Feline Homeland wonders what it is that the Phoenix Alliance would offer the men, women, and cats of Terra that is different from other pre-existing organizations.

-Persian Lokasenna,
Deputy Felis Supremis (Vice President),
Feline Homeland of Barmenia
Libertarian Alliance of Cats
Feline Homeland of Barmenia

Progressive Party
Realms of Luthori
catparty

Postby Amazeroth » Wed May 16, 2012 4:47 pm

OOC: Siggon, lay off him. He doesn't have to know the exact standing of Terran politics, nor does he have to care about other allegiances of the nations in his treaty. If Luthori or the ATR should go to war - not that it seems likely at the moment - nations will have to declare where their allegiance really lies. Until then there's no reason to attack Rome6197 the way you do and make this thread about how you feel about the alliance, regardless what you think will come out of it.

Also, remember to put "OOC" in front of OOC messages.
Eines Tages traf Karl der Große eine alte Frau.
"Guten Tag, alte Frau", sagte Karl der Große.
"Guten Tag, Karl der Große", sagte die alte Frau.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Postby Fred » Wed May 16, 2012 5:24 pm

In a statement released today, Mr Joseph Acheson, the Luthori Foreign Secretary, said: "The Holy Luthori Empire takes no official stance in relation to the Alliance of Terran Republics at the present time. Our policy toward individual states which are members of that body is not significantly influenced by their membership."
Fred

Postby meritocracy » Wed May 16, 2012 11:56 pm

Quanzar's government believes that the Phoenix Alliance is the sort of organization, bereft of any political ideals, that can lead to world peace. The fact that ATR and IML nations have memberships is a positive thing.

Paul II, Duke Belisarius
Speaker of the House of Burgesses,
Southern Majatran Union and Kingdom of Quanzar
meritocracy

Postby Siggon Kristov » Thu May 17, 2012 12:34 am

It is a good thing that both IML and ATR members are at peace by this treaty, but contradictions will arise if there is ever a conflict between nations which are members of more than one of these alliances, that all have a similar policy, where there is consideration that "an attack on one is an attack on all." This will force nations to prioritize a treaty over another, therefore forcing one to become redundant.

--

OOC: My statements have nothing to do with "how I feel" about this treaty. I've been waiting for a neutralist organization for a long time, instead of aligning with the mainstream IML/ATR divide.

I'm just saying that contradictory MDPs will cause a little confusion in a future conflict. JBN privately messaged me, in a great feeling of concern, when Luthori first proposed an MDP with Beluzia. He was also reminding me of the whole "an attack on one is an attack on all" thing with the ATR, where article 2.1 states "The signatory states convene to help each other in any case of military aggression from outside in all possible ways, as this is also known as a Mutual Defence Pact between all signatory-members." He said that I "should be careful" making peace with "the enemy" as he put it.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Rome6197 » Thu May 17, 2012 5:05 am

Siggon Kristov wrote:It is a good thing that both IML and ATR members are at peace by this treaty, but contradictions will arise if there is ever a conflict between nations which are members of more than one of these alliances, that all have a similar policy, where there is consideration that "an attack on one is an attack on all." This will force nations to prioritize a treaty over another, therefore forcing one to become redundant.

--

OOC: My statements have nothing to do with "how I feel" about this treaty. I've been waiting for a neutralist organization for a long time, instead of aligning with the mainstream IML/ATR divide.

I'm just saying that contradictory MDPs will cause a little confusion in a future conflict. JBN privately messaged me, in a great feeling of concern, when Luthori first proposed an MDP with Beluzia. He was also reminding me of the whole "an attack on one is an attack on all" thing with the ATR, where article 2.1 states "The signatory states convene to help each other in any case of military aggression from outside in all possible ways, as this is also known as a Mutual Defence Pact between all signatory-members." He said that I "should be careful" making peace with "the enemy" as he put it.

OOC: If you want to have a neutralist organization why don`t you work with that... instead of mocking to others business...

You may have a point in the future conflict... but it will still depend upon the signatory countries.... why do countries will ratify a treaty that will cause a future conflict?? Try to persuade the countries which ratified the PHOENIX ALLIANCE TREATY ORGANIZATION to withdraw if they see a probable cause....
Rome6197

Postby Rome6197 » Thu May 17, 2012 5:07 am

meritocracy wrote:Quanzar's government believes that the Phoenix Alliance is the sort of organization, bereft of any political ideals, that can lead to world peace. The fact that ATR and IML nations have memberships is a positive thing.

Paul II, Duke Belisarius
Speaker of the House of Burgesses,
Southern Majatran Union and Kingdom of Quanzar

I thank you for support.
Rome6197

Postby Siggon Kristov » Thu May 17, 2012 11:35 am

Rome6197 wrote:OOC: If you want to have a neutralist organization why don`t you work with that... instead of mocking to others business...

You may have a point in the future conflict... but it will still depend upon the signatory countries.... why do countries will ratify a treaty that will cause a future conflict?? Try to persuade the countries which ratified the PHOENIX ALLIANCE TREATY ORGANIZATION to withdraw if they see a probable cause....

OOC: I'm not mocking anyone's business. I do have a point in the future conflict concern, and I did say it will depend on the signatory countries.

I'm not going to persuade anyone to withdraw; I do like the whole new alliance idea that doesn't align itself to the mainstream ATR/IML divide, but I think you should tell other players that it may conflict with their other alliance affiliations, and they should consider withdrawing from those. Come up with some nice IC propaganda.
Siggon Kristov

Previous

Return to Intergovernmental Organizations