General Convention of the CfL - Members only

Organisations involving national governments as members.

Re: General Convention of the CfL - Members only

Postby Sunny » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:10 pm

Supreme President of Keymon, Glenn Greene:
I am very glad to see that the military proposal has failed. This is a great day for the CfL!
Individualistic Movement = Supreme Republic of Keymon
Party for Individualism = Republic of Cobura (inactive)
Sunny

Postby Romulus » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:01 pm

Sunny wrote:Supreme President of Keymon, Glenn Greene:
I am very glad to see that the military proposal has failed. This is a great day for the CfL!

Of Course you are! You surpress us in the Nation and here too what a surprise!
Romulus

Postby Sunny » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:10 pm

I am sad to see that Mr. Royaliwith is unable to seperate his personal problems with me and my party from such an important political matter for this Congress!
Sunny

Postby meisme » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:21 pm

And with that, the Conventions end. I would like to thank everyone who came here to help spread the masterpiece known as world peace. May we never forget why we came here today and what we have done. Like voting me your new President for example! I will be looking froward to seeing you all again.

~Guillermo Delgadillo
President of the CfL

P.S Remember to download my new hit single, Calle Ocho!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_D0pmXJmwI
meisme

Location: Being taken to the gates of Valhalla, all shiny and chrome

Postby SCI » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:14 am

EEL123 wrote:
SCI wrote:Indeed, 13 Yes votes out of 49 active members means a 25% YES vote from the entire electorate.

Actually, it is 13 out of 44, which is 29.5%, but for all we should care, 0% in favour and 39.999% in favour make little difference.

Ah, must have miscounted, sorry. :)
SCI

Postby SCI » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:21 am

Discussing the proposed amendment in the CfL Thread:

From this:
"7. No decision shall be made by the General Convention without the consent of both a majority of all representatives present, and the representatives of at least forty per cent of all members regardless of whether or not they are present, unless this constitution explicitly provides otherwise."

To this:
"7. A simply majority of votes among attendees is required to make any decision."

This is simply brazen attempt to get around "that pesky" constitutional quorum requirement and install the militarism bill. The constitutional voting requirements seemed fine when joining, sure, but now that your precious goose-stepping bill did not pass, you want to lower that bar to try to push it through....
We cannot support this proposal.
SCI

Postby Romulus » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:24 am

WE complelty agreee with the admendment and apllaud the EC on getting work done! hopfully our bill can get thrrouh this time1
Romulus

Postby EEL123 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:03 am

SCI wrote:The constitutional voting requirements seemed fine when joining, sure, but now that your precious goose-stepping bill did not pass, you want to lower that bar to try to push it through

While this may allow the passage of a proposal that you do not support, the constitution was drafted by a relatively inexperienced party (i.e. us, the NDP of Zardugal) which overestimated the members' level of activity. Without passing this, we will not get anything done.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Sunny » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:52 pm

Glenn Greene (IM)

I want to join the arguments brought forward against the proposed amendment. The Individualistic Movement also will not support this.
Sunny

Postby Alain Delors » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:42 pm

Elizabeth de Burgh Inaugurated as New Vice President of the CfL
November 3347
deburgh3.PNG
deburgh3.PNG (133.97 KiB) Viewed 1188 times

Following the resignation of Madeleine Clarke of the Liberals of Solentia, Elizabeth de Burgh (Grand National Party, Dranland) has succeeded her in that position. The VP role, which is a non-electable position within the Executive Council, exists mainly for representative purposes, however it does have relevance as deputy of the President. In her inauguration speech, she thanked Madeleine Clarke and endorsed the proposed constitutional amendment:

"I feel honored to assume this high position within this laudable organization whose goals i firmly support. I also wish to thank Madeleine Clarke for her long-standing support in the struggle for worldwide freedom and the defeat of authoritarianism. While my support can be nothing more than symbolic due to the limited powers of my position, I wish to explicitly endorse the proposed constitutional amendment in order to increase efficiency in decision-making within the CfL while still maintaining a democratic process for this purpose. I believe that abolishing the quorum will in fact increase awareness towards internal controversies as the weight of every single vote increases if the results are not bound to a turnout which can hardly be achieved."
GRAND NATIONAL PARTY/RALLY FOR THE REPUBLIC
300 years of Dranish libertarianism
Liberty will prevail
Alain Delors

PreviousNext

Return to Intergovernmental Organizations