Terran Public Radio (T.P.R.)

Organisations involving national governments as members.

Terran Public Radio (T.P.R.)

Postby Duke Matthus » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:01 am

Hello everyone, it is 10 past the hour and your listening to Tim Runson here at T.P.R., Terran Public Radio.

Tonight we have an all time classic for you, "The Dragon's Heart". This all time classic was written during the Dual Monarchy of Hulstria and Gao-Soto, in the name of the "Tenno" Emperor Meiji Takara,Meiji LXXVIII, to celebrate his return to the throne and the founding of a Gao-Showa nation once again.

The piece was composed by Sanzuko Tokgegi, and by many is considered his master piece as court composer for the Emperor. Sadly this song would be the last of Tokgegi's pieces, as the 98 year old died 3 nights after its first performance for the Emperor himself. While the song was never made the tune of the Gao-Showa national antheme, it was considered one of the Emperor's favoraite tunes and can still be heard today in the eastern territories of Hulstria.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHthbtSbGLM

So sit back and relax as you listen to Sanzuko Tokgegi's masterpiece, "The Dragon's Heart". Your listening to T.P.R., Terran Public Radio.

(OOC:The Dragon's Heart Beat from Dragon: the Bruce Lee Story, with the composer being Randy Edelman.)
Long Live the Empire!!!!
And while we are at it, "Hail the Holy Britannian Empire!!!!!"
Duke Matthus

Re: Terran Public Radio (T.P.R.)

Postby Duke Matthus » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:54 pm

Hello there, this is Tim Runson and this is your community ideas station, TPR, Terran Public Radio.

Today we take you to back to the end of the Luthori War of Succession. When the Aldurian Republic Empire's flag waved high in the South, the Comintern was still marching in the north, and the NWO’s foundations were just starting to be even thought of.

The piece tonight is called "Into the West", by Stephen Grenueve a native Aldurian that had fought in the Luthori War of Succession and afterwards decided to stay in Luthori. The piece is song by his wife, Annie Lennox, who was a Luthori citizen caught in the cross firing in the North when the monarchist forces were pushing hard to drive the communist forces north.

When asked about the song, Stephen only said, "...that it was just the way I saw it, and named the song after all those that came into the West and landed on the shores of Luthori, all in the name of god and the Emperor."

This moving song has moved the hearts of Terra for generations since it was written. and has reminded us all of those that we know have lost their lives in the tragic wars that have plagued our dear planet. I myself a Luthorian hold this song close to heart remembering those that gave their lives here in my own nation as we soon approach the 235 anniversary next Christmas.

While those that fought in the War are long gone, it is this timeless song that shall keep them well remembered.

So please sit back and relax as you listen to "Into the West"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgcoBKWTW14

This is Tim Runson on your community ideas station, TRP, Terran Public Radio.
Long Live the Empire!!!!
Duke Matthus

Postby Duke Matthus » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:19 am

Good evening everyone, this is Tim Runson at your community Idea's station, TPR, Terran Public Radio.

Today we are going to the world of big bands and big brass.

This all time classic, named "Birdland", was written in 2497, in Republic of Kirlawa , by a man named Thomas J. Moreson (Maynard Ferguson).

It's captivating rhythm set the standard for Big Bands across Terra, and is still felt today in the big band groups across Teraa..

So sit back and relax to “Birdland”.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMYtw9A0 ... re=related

This is Tim Runson, and this is your community ideas station, TPR, Terran Public Radio.
Long Live the Empire!!!!
Duke Matthus

Postby Duke Matthus » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:56 pm

It is ten past the hour, and you’re listening to TPR, Terran Public Radio, with Tim Runson.

Today's piece is from the Kingdom of Tirali, one of the precursor states of the modern nation of Rildanor, to the year of 1800.

This timeless classic has been played for people around the Terra and is considered by some to be one of the foundations for most modern orchestral pieces. The piece is "Bolero" by Maestro Maurice Ravel, and is most defiantly his master piece.

The story behind this one of a kind piece is quite interesting. The piece was written as a grand processional march for the King of Tirali who was returning to the capital after a bitter civil war and was to usher in the golden age of the Kingdom, with the nation becoming the superpower of the region. This piece was presented to the Court right before the King returned, and was so loved by the court that was played has the King reentered the capital. The King was so impressed he graced Maurice Ravel the position of court composer and made him a Count.

However, it is not the story behind the piece for why it is so unique and loved, but the basic rhythm that can be heard constantly in it. This piece's pattern has made it stick out in the in the classical world for centuries and it continue to do so.

So sit back and relax as you listen to this taped live performance, in Rildanor at the crowning ceremony of King Baudouin I in 2773, of Maurice Ravel's classic and master piece Bolero.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-4J5j74VPw

You’re listening to TPR, Terran Public Radio.
Long Live the Empire!!!!
Duke Matthus

Postby Duke Matthus » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:20 am

OOC: Hello everyone, I just wanted to let you all known that for the beginning and end you may need to turn the volume up. I tried to find a better recording but the one Disney did is hard to find. I choose it over the actual 1919 version of the suit due to it being shorter and to me hitting the main points faster. Also sorry for the entro, but I work with what I can find. So anyway enjoy.

IC:
Good evening everyone, you’re listening to you your community idea's station, TPR Terran Public Radio with Tim Runson.

Just a reminder, that tomorrow will be special programming day, where we will have anything from Jazz to even modern music for or even a special speaker. So do not forget to tune in with my friend Jimmy Frenken tomorrow for Special Fridays.

Tonight we have a treat for those of you in Delteria who are mourning the loss of their leader. While by the Monarchist society it is considered a dictatorship and thus looked down on for keeping the rightful heir from claiming the throne, we as human beings know the pain it is to lose a leader that was highly loved, and thus have decided to play this Delterian classic, the "Firebird Suit".

The piece you will hear tonight is one the best and most loved piece ever written by the great Delterian composer Igor Stravinsky. Written in the time of the Empire, it made up of several different parts that are used in the ballet he wrote called the Firebird. Due to the ballet’s music being so loved, and the people clamoring to just get a chance to hear to music, Stravinsky decided to take the most famous parts and combined them into this piece so that people could hear the music and enjoy it without having the ballet be performed constantly.

It would be on a cold December night that Stravinsky, in front of the Czar and many other powerful Delterians, reveled this piece for the first time. Thus became one of the legendary Delterian Composer’s of Music and Ballet.

So sit back and enjoy Igor Stravinsky's "Firebird Suite".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn1oKz9V ... re=related

Your listening to TPR, Terran Public Radio.
Long Live the Empire!!!!
Duke Matthus

Postby Duke Matthus » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:21 am

Happy Friday everyone, it is 30 past the hour and your listening to TPR, Terran Public Radio, with Jimmy Frenken.

I would just want to take a moment to let you all know out there that my good friend Tim Runson will be back with you on Monday with normal programming and I once again next Friday.

Now as for this Special Friday's performance we take you live in concert in the Federation of Zardugal to one of the greatest musicians currently gracing Terra with his talent and grace. Yes folks it is Sir Elton John himself.

Now as many of you know, he is a native born Luthorian that has become world known for his piano skills and his many different pieces and musicals. His "Music of the Century Tour" was kicked off in 2800 in Luthori and he is currently going from nation to nation giving these different performances to the masses of fans that have lined the streets to hear the "Music Man" of our current generation.

So here we go folks, I will see you next Friday so enjoy the Show!!!
This is Jimmy Frenken on your community idea's station, TPR, Terran Public Radio.

ROCKET MAN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQISEQ4z ... re=channel

CROCODILE ROCK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLuRs0El59I&feature=fvw

GOODBYE YELLOW BRICK ROAD with special guest star Billy Joel (a dear friend that is a native Zardugalian who in his own right is a great performer)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSvySdxP ... re=related

THATS WHY THEY CALL IT THE BLUES
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBc168KPwlg

THE CIRLE OF LIFE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8ZnCT14nRc

CAN YOU FEEL THE LOVE TONIGHT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1hcc1Qv ... re=related

DON'T LET THE SUN GO DOWN ON ME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwteuJ0F ... re=related

SATURDAY NIGHT'S ALRIGHT FOR FIGHTING with singer Anastacia (from the Democratic Republic of Aloria, who is one of her nations most popular stars)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-Tb0i42k5U

OOC: I just wanted to let you all know that I will use the real name of the person and song if it fits, the first one I did did not fit, so that way I can avoid rights and all that. I know his songs are not for everyone, but I have tried to find a good number of his so that you all can pick and choose if you want. Anyway, I do plan to interview someone next week, so let me know if any world leaders or important people want to be interviewed on TPR. Enjoy :D
Long Live the Empire!!!!
Duke Matthus

Postby Duke Matthus » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:19 am

Hello there, this is Tim Runson, and this is your community ideas station, TPR, Terran Public Radio.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, and enjoyed our Friday Night Special.

Tonight's piece is little forgotten classic. This piece comes from the nation of Endralon back in the days of the Empire when it was at its zenith. When the monarchs of Luthori had fallen from supreme power and Endralon ruled as the most powerful monarchy in all of Terra, with the IML just a tiny new organization to help save the remaining monarchies in Terra.

The piece, Piano Concerto No 2 I. Allegro, written by the Endralon master composer Ferdinand Rasper (OOC: Shostakovich), was written as a kind of commemoration of the Empire's history and the Imperial Army that built it

You can almost here the Imperial Army marching in the background, while the composer himself plays this charming and yet lively piece, with the Endralon Imperial Symphony accompanying him.

So sit back and relax to Rasper's Piano Concerto No 2 I. Allegro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTSr2oz15Xk

This is Tim Runson on your community ideas station, TRP, Terran Public Radio.
Long Live the Empire!!!!
Duke Matthus

Postby Duke Matthus » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:03 am

Hello there, I am Tim Runson, and this is your community ideas station, TPR, Terran Public Radio.

Tonight’s programming, is by composer Francis Gregory (Beethoven composer, conductor Bernstein), an Aldurian composer who wrote this master piece, "Imperium"(9th) in commemoration of the tenth year of the reign of Emperor Philippe Villayn II (Magnificent). This performance on 30th of December 2548/1st of January 2549 at the Imperial New years Ball at the Imperial Music Hall in Aldur City, Bendiri, was the first presentation of this piece. Francis Gregory would live for another 17 years, but even he himself believed that he never did top this piece, however after his death parts of a possible other piece were found that have led many to believe that the beloved Aldurian composer was working on yet another commemoration piece.

So sit back and relax as we enjoy this wonderful piece of music that grasped the times in its charming and beautiful melody.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imv2M64t_og
Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K4635W4roY
Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-GbesR5AEM
Part 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIsXmOHo7EA

I am Tim Runson, and you’re listening to the TRP, Terran Public Radio.
Long Live the Empire!!!!
Duke Matthus

Postby Duke Matthus » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:10 am

OOC: Before I start, I would like to say that the info on the individual parts is from the guy who did the YouTube group I used. They seemed good enough so I decided that I would share them, however they are not mine and are his so he has done a very good job. I would have just done one, but they are all so good so enjoy. :D

Good evening everyone, this is Tim Runson, and your listening to your community idea's station, TPR, Terran Public Radio.

Tonight we seem to once again find ourselves in Southern Selyea, but this time in the nation of Kanjor. The date is 2083, and in Kanjor the proud and newly unified "République Kanjorien", the first modern government of the nation, is celebrating its 13th anivarsay of freedom and unity. It is at this time that a man by the name of Camille Saint-Saens, a well known composer of classical music in his nation, sits down at his piano and writes a suit for his little newborn grandchild to enjoy as he grows older and as a little baby. This suite comes to be called "Le carnaval des animaux", or known in the Luthori tongue as "The Carnival of the Animals", with each part of the suite being the song of an animal or a group of animals. He would write a total of 14 parts to this suite, and they would become one of his most beloved creations through out Kanjor.

The pieces are ast follows:
1. No. 1. Introduction & Royal March of the Lion (strings and two pianos). The introduction begins with the pianos playing a bold tremolo, under which the strings enter with a stately theme (this section reminds one of the agitation one experiences when something stupendous is about to happen, in this situation, the appearance of a circus parade, perhaps). The pianos play a pair of scales going in opposite directions to conclude the first part of the movement. The pianos then introduce a march theme that they carry through most of the rest of the introduction. The strings provide the melody, with the pianos occasionally taking low runs of octaves or high ostinatos suggesting the roars of the lions. The movement ends with a fortissimo note from all the instruments used in this movement.

2. No. 2. Hens & Roosters (strings without double-bass, two pianos and clarinet). This movement is centered around a pecking theme played in the pianos and strings, quite reminiscent of chickens pecking at grain. The clarinet plays small solos above the rest of the players at intervals. In the middle of the section, you can almost see a rooster marching along the rows of hens who nervously run around him.

3. No. 3. Wild Asses (two pianos). The animals depicted here are quite obviously running, an image induced by the constant, feverishly fast up-and-down motion of both pianos playing scales in octaves.

4. No. 4. Tortoises (strings and piano). A slightly satirical movement which opens with a piano playing a pulsing triplet figure in the higher register. The strings then play a maddeningly slow (so slow, in fact, that it begins to sound like a dramatic lament) rendition of the famous "Can-Can" from Offenbach's "Orpheus".

5. No. 5. The Elephant (double-bass and piano). This section is marked Allegro Pomposo, the perfect caricature for an elephant. The piano plays a waltz-like triplet figure while the bass hums the melody beneath it. Like the previous movement, this is also a musical joke: the thematic material is taken from Felix Mendelssohn's "Incidental Music to A Midsummer Night's Dream" and Hector Berlioz's "Dance of the Silphs". The two themes were both originally written for high, lighter-toned instruments (flute and various other woodwinds, and violin, accordingly); the joke is that Saint-Saens moves this to the lowest and heaviest-sounding instrument in the orchestra, the double bass.

6. No. 6. The Kangaroos (two pianos). The main figure here is a pattern of "hopping" fifths preceded by grace notes.

7. No. 7. The Aquarium (strings without double-bass, two pianos, flute and glass harmonica). The melody is played by the flute, backed by the strings, on top of tumultuous, glissando like runs in the piano. The first piano plays a descending ten-on-one ostinato, while the second plays a six-on-one. These figures, plus the occasional glissando from the harmonica are evocative of a peaceful, dimly-lit aquarium.

8. No. 8. Characters with Long Ears (two violins). This is surely the least lyrical of the pieces: the violins alternate playing high, shrill screeches and low, buzzing notes (in the manner of a donkey's braying "hee-haw").

9. No. 9. The cuckoo in the depths of the woods (two pianos and clarinet). The pianos play large, soft chords while the clarinet plays a single two-note ostinato, over and over; a C and an A flat, mimicking the call of a cuckoo bird.

10. No. 10. Aviary (strings, piano and flute). The high strings take on a background role, providing a buzz in the background that is reminiscent of the background noise of a jungle. The cellos and basses play a pick up cadence to lead into most of the measures. The flute takes the part of the bird, with a trilling tune that spans much of its range. The pianos provide occasional ping and trills of other birds in the background. The movement ends very quietly after a long ascending scale from the flute.

11. No. 11. Pianists (strings and two pianos). This movement is a glimpse of what few audiences ever get to see: the pianists practicing their scales. The scales of C, D flat, D and E flat are covered. Each one starts with a trill on the first and second note, then proceeds in scales with a few changes in the rhythm. Transitions between keys are accomplished with a blasting chord from all the instruments between scales. After the four scales, the key changes back to C, where the pianos play a trill-like pattern in thirds while the strings play a small part underneath. This movement is unusual in that the last three blasted chords do not resolve the piece, but rather lead into the next movement, with a pattern similar to the chords that lead from the second to the third movements of Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 3.

12. No. 12. Fossils (strings, two pianos, clarinet and xylophone). Here, Saint-Saens mimics his own Danse Macabre which makes heavy use of the glockenspiel to evoke the image of skeletons playing card games, the bones clacking together to the beat. The musical themes from Danse Macabre are also quoted; the glockenspiel and the violin play much of the melody, alternating with the piano and clarinet. The piano part is especially difficult here - octaves that jump in quick thirds. Allusions to "Ah! vous dirai-je, maman", the French nursery rhymes "Au clair de la lune" and "J'ai du bon tabac", the popular anthem "Partant pour la Syrie" as well as the aria "Una voce poco fa" can also be heard, to charming, though unexplained and unmotivated, musical quotes.

13. No. 13. The Swan (two pianos and cello). This is by far the most famous movement of the suite, often performed solo and is used to showcase the interpretive skills of the cellist. The lushly romantic cello solo (which evokes the swan elegantly gliding over the water) is played over rippling sixteenths in one piano and rolled chords in the other (representing the swan's feet, hidden from view beneath the water, propelling it along).

14. No. 14. The Finale (full ensemble). The Finale opens on the same tremolo notes in the pianos as in the introduction, which are soon reinforced by the wind instruments, the harmonica and the xylophone. The strings build the tension with a few low notes, leading to glissandi by the piano, then a pause before the lively main melody is introduced. This movement is somewhat reminiscent of an American carnival from the middle of the twentieth century, with one piano always maintaining a bouncy eighth note rhythm. Although the melody is relatively simple, the supporting harmonies are ornamented with scales, glissandi and trills. Many of the previous movements are quoted here: the introduction, the asses, the hens and the kangaroos. The work ends with a strong group of C major chords.

Now, at long last sit back and relax to the master of the “Carnival of the Animals”, Camille Saint-Saens’ "Le carnaval des animaux".

PARTS 1-7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjaBGAfW ... re=related

PARTS 8-13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL-bBj4_ ... re=related

PART 14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJphHQIS ... re=related

This is Tim Runson, and you’re listening to TPR, Terran Public Radio.
Long Live the Empire!!!!
Duke Matthus

Postby Duke Matthus » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:01 am

OOC: I tried to find an Italian State but Selucia is the closes I could find and be sure about. So Enjoy =) Also, I would like to open TPR to other people for them to do their own shows on. That includes news, special interviews, or even possible have something like Prairie Dog Companion on here. Even something like music on the weekends, since that is a time I take a break to give my mind a rest on making this stuff up. Anyway, if anyone wants to do a show on TPR please send me a mail, for with school around the corner, this might not continue being every night.

IC:
Good evening everyone, you're listening to your community idea's station, TPR, Terran Public Radio, with Tim Runson.

Just a little friendly remind to all of you out there that tomorrow is Special Friday with my friend and colleague Jimmy Frenken. Jimmy will be playing his interview the Governor-General of Hulstria tomorrow which he has told me is something that no one should miss. So I will be back with your normal broadcasting on Monday.

Anyway, for tonight's piece we take to the nation of Selcucia where the great opera singer Luciano Pavarotti just recently performed"Nessun Dorma" from Giacomo Puccini's opera "Turandot" at the opening Ceremony of the Gladatorial Games. This performance which has stood out from his rest for once again Luciano Pavarotti showed why he is known throughout Terra has the only man that does not go to Kings and Presidents, but has them come to him. His strong voice and preaches this sad and yet triumphant cry in what many have called the greatest work of Puccini. With this performance it is rumored that Pavarotti will be starting a tour around Terra singing his songs with his group, the "Three Tenors".

So sit back and relax to this recording of the Luciano Pavarotti singing "Nessun Dorma" from Giacomo Puccini's opera "Turandot".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0Sx5lbVlQA

I am Tim Runson and you're listening to TPR, Terran Public Radio.
Long Live the Empire!!!!
Duke Matthus

Next

Return to Intergovernmental Organizations