DIC Hobrazia

Organisations involving national governments as members.

DIC Hobrazia

Postby YankeeHater » Tue May 12, 2009 6:50 pm

The UNT has appointed a committee to investigate Hobrazia. I feel that this group should send international monitors to observe upcoming (Nov 2755) elections. Given the fact that martial law has been declared and threats have been made to cancel the election entirely, I think it's vital that the international community observe this election since it is the very purpose of this committee to observe and report to the UNT on these exact matters.
YankeeHater

Re: DIC Hobrazia

Postby Emunim » Tue May 12, 2009 7:16 pm

Pending permission from the Government of Hobrazia, Barmenia will send a delegation to observe elections.
Emunim

Postby rep » Tue May 12, 2009 7:58 pm

Rutania also ask permission from the Hobrazian rulers to enter the country for conducting some investigations.

Veronica Mayday,
Rutania
"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it." (Winston Churchill)
rep

Postby Sam » Wed May 13, 2009 9:57 pm

Rutania is a well-known supporter of Lodamun, and as such cannot be trusted to observe the elections fairly and neutrally. We see no reason to object to Barmenia, however.
"The FSB finally caught him for talking shit about replacing Putin with this "Saiser" character. I'm guessing they're up to his seventh toenail by now."
- Dynastia on jethro
Sam

Postby YankeeHater » Wed May 13, 2009 10:09 pm

As a member of the Hobrazian opposition who requested international monitors (but only speaking for myself), I agree that Rutania is not impartial and therefore should not participate.

I likewise would be pleased with Barmenian monitors.
YankeeHater

Postby Mr.Yankees » Wed May 13, 2009 10:42 pm

I would like to remind the Hobrazian government that Rutania is part of the commission investigating them as established by a resolution of the Security Council and clearly agreed to by the Hobrazian government. Not allowing the Rutanian representatives to enter the country and investigate the elections will constitute a violation of the Security Council resolution and will be subject to penalties by the Council.

It is our suggestion that the Hobrazian government holds its end of the bargain.

Thank you.

Gregory Kynes
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Ambassador to the UNT
United Republics of Lodamun
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby rep » Wed May 13, 2009 10:56 pm

When entering the commission Rutania promised impartiality, which will be maintained. The Hobrazian authorities can deny my entering but this Constitutes an offend for the UNT and the Commonwealth of Rutania. I have to remind the Hobrazian authorities that Rutania has connections in Hobrazia and can obtain valuable information without entering the country. But if they let us investigate freely, it will prove the good faith of the government. Otherwise they display a fear from a true spirit of investigation which might be highly suspicious.

So, does the Hobrazian authorities revise their verdict about this issue? We do not want to interpret their refusal as an act of hostility, but they must prove their willingness to accept the international rules.

Veronica Mayday,
Ambassador of Rutania
"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it." (Winston Churchill)
rep

Postby Rumbold90 » Thu May 14, 2009 8:16 pm

The Voronan government of Archduke Valdemar would greatly appreciate cooperation with the Hobrazian government during the next elections. We ask for permission to monitor the elections.
United Worker's Front
Mordusia
Rumbold90

Postby Sam » Fri May 15, 2009 1:22 am

(OOC: Apologies, wasn't paying attention to the forums yesterday. I would have okayed Vorona if I saw it before the elections.)
"The FSB finally caught him for talking shit about replacing Putin with this "Saiser" character. I'm guessing they're up to his seventh toenail by now."
- Dynastia on jethro
Sam

Postby AngryMollusc » Sun May 17, 2009 7:04 pm

Having monitored the Hobrazian elections, Kafuri observers discovered evidence of electoral fraud perpetrated on a large scale. Postal votes were rigged, voters were harassed at the ballot box and in several regions, recounts and close analysis of electoral data revealed that thousands of fictional Hobrazians had registered to vote. To our immense surprise, however, the perpetrators lost the election- this crime was committed by the First Party, not the legitimate Nova Terran government. We suggest that those responsible, chiefly the leadership of the First Party, who our observers believe were well aware of the fraud being committed in their name across Hobrazia, be brought before a court to account for their crimes at the earliest possible opportunity.
AngryMollusc

Next

Return to Intergovernmental Organizations