International Olympic Committee

Organisations involving national governments as members.

Re: International Olympic Committee

Postby meisme » Wed May 26, 2010 12:21 am

It's a summer; I'm waiting a little bit for winter (Like in real life).
Last edited by meisme on Thu May 27, 2010 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meisme

Location: Being taken to the gates of Valhalla, all shiny and chrome

Postby MrBean111 » Thu May 27, 2010 9:55 pm

Recently the Imperial Crownlands was approached by the International Olympic Committee about the possibility on having the city of Traugott, Mitrania, becoming the base for the IOC on the continent of Dovani; the Hulstrian Foreign Ministry and the Governor-General of Greater Hulstria would like to inform the Committee that we humbly accept this offer.
The Imperial Crownlands of Greater Hulstria
"Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets"
MrBean111

Postby meismeotheraccount » Fri May 28, 2010 12:44 am

Yes, thanks for accepting!
meismeotheraccount

Postby admtrap » Mon May 31, 2010 12:54 am

Cetatea Albă, Tilarnia Province, UP of Kizenia & Kuzaki, near the exact center of the continent of Keris, is willing to host the Keris branch of the IOC, if there are no objections from the rest of the Committee. We understand that Federal Republic of Egelion may have a residual grudge over the unpleasantness between their nation and the Communists last century, however.
admtrap

Postby Gracchus » Mon May 31, 2010 1:58 pm

"The Great Princedom of Trigunia holds no issues with the IOC headquarters being held by our neighbors to the south. And with the committee's permission, given that we are not a member of the committee but we have ratified the IOC Treaty, Trigunia would like to formally request that the future Winter Olympics be held in Trigunia. Our land is blessed with majestic snow-covered mountains, cold winters, large cosmopolitan cities and quaint rural villages which are perfect for mass tourism and the promotion of business in the nation and brotherhood throughout Terra.

"Trigunians are fanatical sports fans (see http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/Sport_in_Trigunia), especially winter sports, and with a population of nearly 700 million, we believe that a Winter Olympics in our land would be a resounding success even if only Trigunians were present; which they most certainly would not. Our economy would rise with the influx of tourism to our shores, and the Trigunian people look for a time when they can show the world how far they have advanced.

"Trigunia has a vast array of ready-to-use venues and arenas for any sporting event, summer or winter. However, the National Chamber of Commerce, Trigunia's most powerful business lobbying group, has assured His Royal Northern Highness' Government that the bill for outfitting new stadia and venues will be fitted entirely through donations of private businesses with the government only fitting the bill for security and transport. Because of this offer, the Trigunian government is willing to use the money it would place aside, as well as substantial portions of its current budget surpluses, to fully pay the travel and lodging expenses of all the participating teams and partially subsidize those expenses for all tourists traveling to attend the Games in Trigunia.

"In the past, Trigunia has been a Communist haven, filled with dictatorial governments and command economies; but the New Trigunia is different. With almost a century of free elections, free markets, private enterprise, and limited government the nation has had a major facelift and now stands ready to takes its place on the international stage, presenting to Terra the friendliness of its people, the sophistication of its cities, the freedom of its population, and the wealth of its business.

"All Trigunians see the Winter Olympics as their opportunity to show the world their new nation which has been exorcised of the demons of its past and stands ready for the future."

The Rt Hon. D.S. Derzhavin, 9th Baron of Regrinsky
Minister of Culture and Education
Gracchus

Postby meisme » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:05 am

OOC: Bumping this so we can use it later. :D
meisme

Location: Being taken to the gates of Valhalla, all shiny and chrome

Postby Afrocentric » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:11 pm

As of right now, the IOC is under new management. I along with Pale, and CanadianEh will be leading the organization with the hopes of restarting the games and potentially hosting it in the next 1 to 3 IG years. Luckily, there is enough infrastructure at our disposal to ensure we don't run around with our heads cut off trying to figure out how to conduct such and event. Anybody who wishes to comment is more than welcome, you do not have to be apart of the IOC (although I'd like it if you joined) to talk here and share your opinion.

So this is what I'd like to get done in the next two weeks:

1. Figure out a suitable IG date/time frame for when we want to host the games. I want to do at least 3 Summer games before we commit to doing both Summer AND Winter.
2. Figure out a solution on how to select the host nation in a speedy manner.
3. Pick the number of events we want to host and find somebody who will scorinate them.
4. Decide whether or not we want to allow IOC members, member nations, a random number generator or some other method to select a potential host nation.
5. Discuss the role of the IOC and its members. Do we want a massive bureaucracy or something small that is led by a few players?
6. Discuss any other important information.

Organization page: http://classic.particracy.net/vieworgan ... ionid=1966
Treaty: http://classic.particracy.net/viewtreat ... eatyid=211
Wiki Page(s)
-IOC Committee: http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/Intern ... _Committee (outdated)
-Terran Olympic Games: http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/Terran_Olympic_Games
-2943 Summer Olympics: http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/2943_S ... mpic_Games

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby CanadianEh » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:25 am

I have a few ideas,

1. For this to work it cannot clash with anything so I was thinking if we wanted it sooner (4-6 days from now), later (8-10 days from now) the FIFA Mens cup process will be starting in November and I would prefer it not clash with that.
2.Nations post a simple and not complicated bid and a poll is placed on the forum with the choices (Simpler than stating your vote)
3.Since we have not had an Olympics in a while just the summer basics, Aquatics, Athletics, Gymnastics etc.
4.Allow nations to bud and people to vote (Creating a poll would be the easiest and most efficient way)
5.Not to big not to small I think there needs to be a core group and then everyone else can way in on important issues and what not.
6.None that I currently know of.

That's just my suggestion :D
Kirlawa Liberals - Inactive
Baltusia Conservatives - Inactive
Rutanian Democratic Party - Inactive
Conservative Party of Luthori - Active

In all the states of created beings capable of law, where there is no law, there is no freedom -- John Locke
CanadianEh

Postby Martinulus » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:07 pm

Do keep me posted on all this, as I rather fancy the idea of hosting Olympics in H&GS.
Hosianisch-Demokratisches Verbund - Hulstria and Gao-Soto

Notable previous parties:
Folkepartiet (People's Party) - Kazulia
Martinulus

Postby Afrocentric » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:14 pm

Martinulus wrote:Do keep me posted on all this, as I rather fancy the idea of hosting Olympics in H&GS.

Not a problem.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

PreviousNext

Return to Intergovernmental Organizations