Olympics News Network (ONN)

Organisations involving national governments as members.

Olympics News Network (ONN)

Postby meismeotheraccount » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:26 pm

Hello, welcome to the first ever report from the ONN. I am Hank Jefferson Jr, with me is Rosemary Sands and here is today's news. We got about 7 days to cover, so here we go.

Day 1
The first game from Day 1 was a close one in Women's Basketball with Tukarali beated Pontesi 89-88, with a buzzer-beater from Tukarali's Shooting Guard # 27 Takahiro Camden. They advanced with 7 other teams like Luthori, Darnussia, Greater Hulstria, and more. Women's Fencing was there with Darnussia, Aloria, Luthori, and Gaduridos going to the semi-finals.

Day 2

32 teams came and play the greatest sport on Terra, Football or Soccer, and 16 came out going to the Rounds. People say that "It is unfair if one team mess up, they lose the whole games" but we still go and played like that for the whole sport. Baseball begins on Day 2 too. With Cobura and Vanuku showing why that is there national sport, but on Day 3, the two teams battle it out.

Day 3

Day 3 was a add-on to two events, Women's Fencing and Baseball, and Baseball was first on the list. They was simple until the last game with Hobrazia and Pontesi. They're not done until the 12th Inning, with a triple home-run from Hobrazian left-fielder #15 helping them win 11-8. Also with Vanuku beating Cobura 6-2 was a bigger lead than most people was thinking. Semi-finals was in the Women's Fencing game with Darnussia, Aloria, Luthori, and Gaduridos. With Luthori and Gaduridos winning, they're going to the first Gold Medal game.

Day 4

Men's Soccer's official games begins and Fencing Finals made Day 4 a packed city in Luthori. Soccer has upsets, like Kanjor beating Aldgear 5-0, and close games, like Lourenne barely winning 5-4 with Darnussia, and others. The Holy Luthori Empire celebrates the first ever Gold Fencing Medal being there. Gaduridos wins Silver and Aloria with Bronze.

Day 5

Baseball's Semi-Finals and the first day of Rubgy is all Day 5. With a shocking twist in Semi-Finals's 1st game, Istaliana is going to Gold, beating Vanuku in extra innings 3-2 and Luthori doubled Hobrazia 6-3 in the 2nd. Rubgy being a mostly no-rules sport, it was great game for unofficial games. All four groups got 1 upset and 1 close match. 8 goes on, but Luthori is not one of them. From losing 20-15 from Cobura, that was the first lost from the host nation.

Day 6

Baseball Finals and a long waited Round of Basketball is on Day 6. Vanuku showed the world that the lost was luck, winning Bronze Medal 4-0 from Hobrazia. Gold is once again in Holy eyes with Luthori winning 10-3 against underdogs Istaliana. Basketball is back in play at Day 6 with action! Rutania wins by 3 points, Indrala crushed Solentia by 18 points. Tukarali gets a taste of there own medience with a buzzer-beater helping Luthori win 71-70. Rildanor wins by an awesome 24 points, beating Greater Hulstria.

Day 7

Day 7 is the last day we are talking about today. Rubgy goes on at Bane Consortium Rugby Pitch on Day 7. Trigunia win 26-24 to face powerhouse and Gold Medal winning team Kanjor. Cobura and Hutori goes to semi-finals with Trigunia and Kanjor. Two close matchs are playing for semi-finals. Rutania wins by 3, and Luthori wins by 2. Two close allies battle it out for Gold on Day 9 with Rildanor and Indrala facing off for Bronze.
Last edited by meismeotheraccount on Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meismeotheraccount

Re: Olympics News Network (ONN)

Postby meismeotheraccount » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:21 am

Day 8

Rubgy and Soccer was on Day 8. Cobura wins by 22 facing Hutori, and powerhouse Kanjor will go for Bronze by losing 36-26 from Trigunia. Kanjor lifts up cheer from fans by winning 5-0 in soccer facing Kiriawa. A special report will be on for Lourenne and Aloria. Lodamon wins 5-4 in a close one with Kalistan. Alduria control the field with Dondorf and won 5-0.

Day 9

Basketball Finals and Archery begins on Day 9. 12 point win from Rildanor gives them Bronze Medal to the nation, and Rutania beats Luthori for Gold 106-97. Archery was normal, unless a perfect bull-eyes 6 times for the highest score possible from Kalopia "normal".

Day 10

Men's Rubgy Finals was a blast, and Soccer was the best on Day 10. Not Done
meismeotheraccount

Postby meismeotheraccount » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:35 pm

Interview with the Archduke about Kien being the 2nd Olympic Summer Games

OON: Besides being the capital, why was Kien the city bid for your nation?

ADL: Kien has a long and distinguished history in Greater Hulstria. It our nation’s central cultural, economic, and political center; it is home to the Imperial Family, the national government, many prestigious schools, and amazing landmarks. This city also has a long and illustrious history; it has served as the stage for many changes and historical moments for our nation, from the founding of the Hulstrian monarchy in the 1600s to the Congress of Kien in 2551 and to both New Englian Peace Conferences in the 2700s. The Kiennese are a humble and productive people, they value art, civilized society, and coffee with a free newspaper at one of the many corner coffee houses that dot the streets. Kien has plenty to offer and that is why Kien was again chosen to become Hulstria’s bid for the second Summer Olympics games.

OON: Do you think Kien will be able to top Williamsbrough's opening ceremony?

ADL: Williamsbrough's opening ceremony was quite impressive and I applaud them for putting on such an event. George III’s releasing of the doves was especially touching and commendable. Kien has some plans up it’s sleeves but I’m sorry to say I can not spoil it. You will just need to watch it when it arrives.

OON: How is it for great nation to hold the 2nd Olympics after being the runner-up bid for the 1st?

ADL: Despite not winning the 1st bid for the Summer Olympics, we were still quite honored, and thrilled to come in second place in that historic vote. We had no hard feelings as the Hulstrian Olympic Delegation already had planned to support the Luthori bid if we did not make it to the final round of voting; our Emperor, HIM Ferdinand II, personally called George III of Luthori to congratulate him on the historic win following the results were made public. Greater Hulstria when we put forward Kien were almost immediately supported by Luthori’s delegation, a true sign of friendship, and comity.

Kien had to make it through several stages before we finally got the win and I must say Verdona, Kirlawa, put up quite the fight for the bid as well. I do truly commend and congratulate Verdona and the Kirlawan delegation for their spirited effort; Hulstria wishes them the best in their next bid.

When news was broke in the Imperial Crownlands, several celebrations were held across the nation. Firework shows and other events were covered by many news outlets in the nation; obviously Hulstria was thrilled to hear the news and knew the spotlight was now on them to see through the next Olympics. I assure you they will not let the Olympic community down, Kien and our people will put whatever is needed to make these games as much fun and enjoyable for everyone who takes part and watches from home.

OON: You are a commitee member for Greater Hulstria if I am correct, so how was the session in Williamsbough?

ADL: Williamsbough is a very beautiful city. The session was wonderful and very productive; Hulstria and Luthori have a long political and natural history together; it is also a pleasure to visit Luthori and to experience the culture there. When I was studying for my Doctorate of Public Policy & Administration at Heinrich I University of Kien, I had the chance to study in Luthori, and it was quite the experience. It was also a pleasure to meet with the committee members and discuss policy, among other topics. I’m glad we were able to unify in support for allowing New Englia into the next Summer Olympics and overseeing the busy administration of the Olympics that just went on in Luthori. Right now were are voting and discussing on adding some more games on the list for the next games.

OON: Traugott is the Dovani's IOC HQ, so is there a chance that Greater Hulstria's next city bid may be Traugott?

ADL: Perhaps. Traugott has a long history in Greater Hulstria. We’re also looking at Veilchen down in Hilgar. However since Traugott is the Dovani HQ for the IOC, they certainly are very high on the list. We may bid them for the winter Olympics following the next one right in which Hulstria will be looking to endorse Trigunia for the bid.

OON: How are you in the IOC if your party, or any Hulstria parties at that, is not in the IOC at all?

ADL: I’m a member of the Hulstrian Imperial Family, I do not hold membership in any political party, nor do any other members of the Rothingren-Traugotts in Greater Hulstria. I believe though there is a Hulstrian party in the IOC, if you speak of the party organization that exists out there. I act as the head of the Hulstrian delegation to the IOC and thus having the voting power on behalf of my fellow Hulstrians however.

OON: You know that Greater Hulstria only got 1 Bronze Medal in these Games, so will hosting make your nation get more medals?

ADL: Well we must understand that these Olympics games were the first to happen in quite some time. A lot of nations just got one bronze medal as well. Nonetheless, I’m still very proud of our players. Obviously home field advantage will help I’d suspect and now that the Olympics will now become a consistent event, our players will adjust, and see through future Olympic games. We must also remember while we are playing for our nation, we are also playing for the love of sports, and friendly competition. I’m still proud of the Hulstrian Olympic teams and for the team that won the bronze; hopefully with more sports on the table coming to the next Olympics, not only hopefully the Hulstrian team will see through some more wins but other nations as well.
Last edited by meismeotheraccount on Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
meismeotheraccount

Postby meismeotheraccount » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:40 am

New Olympic Events Viewed and Confirmed
Hello, Lance Doodridge here for late night breaking news. 5 new events; Swimming, Lacrosse, Boxing, Tennis, and Field Hockey; are all ones that could be in the next summer olympics, but not yet accepted IOC president, Crystal Hanes. Winter games Hockey, Curling, and Brady are confirmed. More in the morning. Now, all events are confirmed with others like table tennis. See you soon.
meismeotheraccount

Postby meismeotheraccount » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:40 pm

Sekowo Leaves Olympiad II due to the War
Today, in a shocking turn of events, Sekowo order all Sekowian players to go back home do to the Games being "carried out in a nation of moustaches and murderers". No news from Greater Hulstria from Sekowo's shocking choice leaving a game of peace over a "coming war" from them. Some people said it is right thing to do, but some it just made it worse for them. Everyone is dumb-founded from coming, and them leaving after only 3 days there. more when it comes.
meismeotheraccount

Postby meismeotheraccount » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:45 pm

Trigunia wins Olympic Bidding to Host First Winter Olympic Games
Earlier today, it was made official that Trigunia's bid won. This will make Trigunia the first nation to host a Winter Olympics, and the first time that Keris host a morden Olyimpics. They beated Yishelem's bid 126-74. Yishelem is said to lost because of the city's climate and them making a new bid for the 3rd Summer Games. Trigunia been having problems in government, but been a kingdom for more than 70 years now. The nation's popalation is ranked 3rd, so as many as 900 million people will be there to support there team.
meismeotheraccount

Postby meisme » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:47 am

Welcome to... ONN, the #1 place for Olym... News. Rumors are float.... about the Games being... and we can confirm..... true, all true... come back for more... this is Brittany Wikes and... welcome back O.............
meisme

Location: Being taken to the gates of Valhalla, all shiny and chrome

Postby meisme » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:37 pm

English:

Threats may end bid Hopes

With Port Nelson winning the bid, it may not be the new city. Lately, rumours and reports of threats made by the leader of Beluzia, Ethan Dawkins, to Rutania was swimming around to be confirmed by them. Olympic rules states that if you are in war, you can't join any events or hosted said events in your city. Here's the message from Rutania's exiled leader.

"Rutanian Traitor,

We send word that our new glorious nation shall most certainly declare war on your treacherous Government if you do not meet our demands. As we have been elected Leader of our new nation, the National State of Beluzia, we warn you that we will cross our northern borders into your land with the strongest of forces soon enough. You stole an election and you will pay for it. Rutania is ours. You are warned. Our demands will follow in due course.

Former President of the Commonwealth of Rutania,
Leader of the New Front Alliance,
Leader of the Nation; National State of Beluzia,
Ethan Dawkins"

If this ends in war, niether Beluzia or Rutania's bids counted and a re-vote will be in order.

Spanish:

Amenazas puede terminar espera oferta

Con Port Nelson de ganar el concurso, no puede ser la nueva ciudad. Últimamente, los rumores e informes de las amenazas hechas por el líder de Beluzia, Ethan Dawkins, a Rutania fue nadando a ser confirmada por ellos. Las reglas olímpicas establece que si usted está en guerra, no puede unirse a cualquier evento o alojados dichos eventos en su ciudad. Aquí está el mensaje del líder exiliado de Rutania.

"Rutanian traidor,

Enviamos palabra que nuestra gloriosa nación nueva, seguramente, declarar la guerra a su gobierno traidor si usted no cumple con nuestras exigencias. Como hemos sido elegido líder de nuestra nueva nación, el Estado Nacional de Beluzia, les advertimos que vamos a cruzar nuestra frontera norte en su tierra con el más fuerte de las fuerzas lo suficientemente pronto. Le robaron una elección y tendrá que pagar por ello. Rutania es nuestro. Usted está advertido. Nuestras demandas seguirán a su debido tiempo.

Ex Presidente de la Comunidad de Rutania,
Líder de la Alianza Frente Nuevo,
Líder de la Nación, del Estado Nacional de Beluzia,
Ethan Dawkins "

Si esto termina en guerra, las ofertas o croissants Beluzia Rutania de contado y una nueva votación estará en orden.

French:

Les menaces peuvent espérer la fin de soumission

Avec Port Nelson remportant l'enchère, il peut ne pas être la nouvelle ville. Dernièrement, des rumeurs et des rapports de menaces proférées par le chef de Beluzia, Ethan Dawkins, pour Rutania nageait autour d'être confirmé par eux. Règles olympiques stipule que si vous êtes en guerre, vous ne pouvez pas joindre des événements ou hébergé ces événements dans votre ville. Voici le message du chef en exil du Rutania.

«Traître Rutanian,

Nous envoyer un mot que notre nouvelle nation glorieuse sera très certainement déclarer la guerre à votre gouvernement traître si vous ne répondent pas à nos exigences. Comme nous l'avons été élu chef de notre nouvelle nation, l'Etat national de Beluzia, nous vous prévenons que nous allons traverser nos frontières du Nord dans votre pays avec la plus forte des forces assez tôt. Vous avez volé une élection et que vous paierez pour cela. Rutania est le nôtre. Vous êtes averti. Nos revendications vont suivre en temps voulu.

Ancien Président de la Communauté des Rutania,
Chef de l'Alliance nouvelle face avant,
Chef de la Nation; Etat national de Beluzia,
Ethan Dawkins "

Si cela se termine dans la guerre, les soumissions niether Beluzia ou Rutania est compté et un nouveau scrutin sera en ordre.
meisme

Postby meisme » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:47 pm

New War may make Dorvik or Kanjor new Hosts

News broke out about the Rutania-Beluzia War, and votes will restart, taking the winning bid and the last place bid out, so Kanjor, Dorvik, and Barmenia can still win. With Dorvik and Kanjor nearly ending with a tie may look like it more be against these two. More to come with new winner.
meisme

Return to Intergovernmental Organizations