Northern Area Treaty Organization (NATO)

Organisations involving national governments as members.

Re: Northern Area Treaty Organization (NATO)

Postby Opakidabar » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:51 pm

Mr.Yankees wrote:
Opakidabar wrote:Egelion delegation:

As the oldest NATO member state Egelion expresses concern that this organization is ruled by nation (Lodamun) where constant silencing of opposition occurs.
Among the violations to democracy there are:
Calling for new elections every year, despite electoral term being 6 years. The reason is to get elections before opposition can gain any visibility and explain its point of view to citizens.
Low proposal quotas, the lowest on Terra - so that opposition has no chance to explain or participate in legislation process.
Both of these activities are against the major principle of democracy - competitive elections where everyone has a chance to explain their point of view to the public. Thus ensuring public needs are best served.
When are the next elections for the chairman?

OOC: First of all Opakidabar, keep IC and OOC separated. Visibility is not an IC issue. It's game mechanics. In real life, parties that have been in a country for a long time, have expressed their views already. So, I ask you to refrain from making that kind of statement. If you want to argue against my policies in Lodamun, I don't care. Just do it in a fair way. Second, and most importantly, we discuss these matters at our regular meetings, not here.

Visibility is IC issue. It is a real world issue and it is a reason why Russia is ruled singlehandedly by United Russia. Opposition simply can not get a say.
OOC I have nothing against your policies in Lodamun :) I have used 1-5-72, but I never remember that I would ever did that with reasoning of being IC democracy. However I have done this and issued populistic lies as if I was democratic. There is a difference.
The most important does not hold simply because this is org page, I see it as page for our HQ, Egelion diplomats are working in NATO HQ and issue statements to other diplomats. Normal communication channel for NATO related stuff that is not related to leadership meetings.
Opakidabar

Postby Mr.Yankees » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:20 pm

Opakidabar wrote:
Mr.Yankees wrote:
Opakidabar wrote:Egelion delegation:

As the oldest NATO member state Egelion expresses concern that this organization is ruled by nation (Lodamun) where constant silencing of opposition occurs.
Among the violations to democracy there are:
Calling for new elections every year, despite electoral term being 6 years. The reason is to get elections before opposition can gain any visibility and explain its point of view to citizens.
Low proposal quotas, the lowest on Terra - so that opposition has no chance to explain or participate in legislation process.
Both of these activities are against the major principle of democracy - competitive elections where everyone has a chance to explain their point of view to the public. Thus ensuring public needs are best served.
When are the next elections for the chairman?

OOC: First of all Opakidabar, keep IC and OOC separated. Visibility is not an IC issue. It's game mechanics. In real life, parties that have been in a country for a long time, have expressed their views already. So, I ask you to refrain from making that kind of statement. If you want to argue against my policies in Lodamun, I don't care. Just do it in a fair way. Second, and most importantly, we discuss these matters at our regular meetings, not here.

Visibility is IC issue. It is a real world issue and it is a reason why Russia is ruled singlehandedly by United Russia. Opposition simply can not get a say.
OOC I have nothing against your policies in Lodamun :) I have used 1-5-72, but I never remember that I would ever did that with reasoning of being IC democracy. However I have done this and issued populistic lies as if I was democratic. There is a difference.
The most important does not hold simply because this is org page, I see it as page for our HQ, Egelion diplomats are working in NATO HQ and issue statements to other diplomats. Normal communication channel for NATO related stuff that is not related to leadership meetings.

Opakidabar, that's why you should read the messages I have posted above. We have an organization page now where most of the updates are going to happen. To be honest, not too many people check this thread but I guess it is up to you where you post at.

As far as visibility and such, I still see it as game mechanics but I'll leave there. After all, you are the one accusing me, right? ;)
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby rep » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:26 pm

Rutania voted for the NATO ratification bill. Beginning with 1.October 2744, the Commonwealth of Rutania becomes NATO member.
Thus Lieutenant General Victor Asriel and Colonel Margareth Eckstein would like to join the NATO headquarters.

Pierre LeBon,
Foreign Minister, Rutania
"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it." (Winston Churchill)
rep

Postby Mr.Yankees » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:57 pm

Lodamun would gladly welcome both officers. They shall receive the appropriate clearance to properly perform their duties inside the Defense Ministry Building.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Kynes
President of the United Republics of Lodamun
Mr.Yankees

Postby Mr.Yankees » Sat May 02, 2009 7:27 am

Vice President Lincoln announces his pick to replace him: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=57&start=20
Mr.Yankees

Postby conlib » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:47 am

The Council of Natives notes that the Pontesian Protectorate of Gaduridos is a member of the Northern Area Treaty Organisation and that the organisation's constitution demands that:

"Member states shall also assist each other in the development of their militaries and shall undertake to always maintain a portion of their military at combat readiness for immediate deployment should an attack take place. Joint exercises between the militaries of member nations shall take place at regular intervals".

Whereas the newly formed Protectorate of Gaduridos does not and does not intend to support any native military unit.

AND

Whereas the Protectorate of Gaduridos now benefits from the guaranteed protection of the Pontesian Imperial Armed Forces.

The Native Council of Holy Elders is therefore debating whether the Pontesian Protectorate of Gaduridos should withdraw from NATO.

Viceroy Percy Scott
Colonial Representative of His Majesty Kind David I of Gaduridos

Winston Howe
Protectorate Native Diplomatic Affairs Secretary
One Nation Conservative Party
conlib

Previous

Return to Intergovernmental Organizations