United Nations of Terra

Organisations involving national governments as members.

United Nations of Terra

Postby Mr.Yankees » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:38 am

This page will serve as the main communications tool used by the UNT.

The United Nations of Terra's mission is to promote peace, security, and stability throughout Terra. We want all countries and its citizens to feel secured and to have the opportunity to live a full life.

The UNT's main branches are:

General Assembly-Governing Body. All votes use a 2/3 majority
Security Council- First five ratifiers are permanent members with veto power. Total of 15 members. Non-permanent members are elected by the General Assembly. non-permanent members are elected every 20 years.
Economic and Social Council- Consists of 20 members elected by the General Assembly. Five members are elected each year for a term of 20 years.
Trusteeship Council- Administers territories which are trying to become independent but are under the control of another country. Membership open for consideration by the General Assembly. The General Assembly must make sure that total number of members of the Trusteeship Council is equally divided between those Members of the United Nations which administer trust territories and those which do not. Elected for a 20 years term.
International Court of Justice- Members promise to abide by its legal decisions in which they are a party of. All Members of the United Nations are ipso facto parties to the Statute of the International Court of Justice. A state which is not a Member of the United Nations may become a party to the Statute of the International Court of Justice on conditions to be determined in each case by the General Assembly upon the recommendation of the Security Council.
Secretariat- This includes the Secretary-General. He/she is the spokesperson for the UNT. The Secretary General shall act in that capacity in all meetings of the General Assembly, of the Security Council, of the Economic and Social Council, and of the Trusteeship Council, and shall perform such other functions as are entrusted to him by these organs. The Secretary General shall make an annual report to the General Assembly on the work of the Organization. The Secretary General may bring to the attention of the Security Council any matter which in his opinion may threaten the maintenance of international peace and security. In the performance of their duties the Secretary General and the staff shall not seek or receive instructions from any government or from any other authority external to the Organization. They shall refrain from any action which might reflect on their position as international officials responsible only to the Organization. The staff shall be appointed by the Secretary General under regulations established by the General Assembly.

We will be having a meeting pretty soon to sort everything out, including the election of the members of the Security and Economic Councils.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Re: United Nations of Terra

Postby GreekIdiot » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:13 am

Is the UNT completely neutral with regards to other political teams or would it consider at least an alliance with another military organization? Perhaps the GPO is interested in uniting with the UNT since they both serve the mutual purpose of peacekeeping efforts.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Mr.Yankees » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:53 am

I don't know about that. We are thought to be an umbrella organization but we do have some overlapping goals with the GPO. Let's think about it but as of now, the answer is probably "no." We are just starting this and we need to see where it goes before making any decision.
Mr.Yankees

Postby first » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:47 am

I am Nico Neesam, the representative of Hobrazia. We wish to know when the first meeting will be held to elect the other members of the security council. As we wish to see this organisation starting in a positive way.
first

Postby rep » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:19 pm

My name is Veronica Mayday, the temporary representative of the Commonwealth of Rutania. My government is also looking forward to starting the activity. We have some essential issues to discuss about the security of the member-states of the UNT.
"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it." (Winston Churchill)
rep

Postby Rumbold90 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:13 pm

Hello. My name is Christa Baggesen, and I am the Voronan representitive to the UNT. The Royal Government of Archduke Valdemar is looking forward to working with the UNT and the other various member nations.
United Worker's Front
Mordusia
Rumbold90

Postby Mr.Yankees » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:23 am

Welcome all of you!

We are still working out the details of this organization. A meeting is coming soon, that's certain. The date, however, I cannot tell you yet. As soon as we set up a date, we will let you know.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Kynes
Minister of Foreign Affairs
United Republics of Lodamun
Mr.Yankees

Postby 123abc123 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:14 am

The Jewish Homeland will be sending Madam Margalita Shira Bar-Nahal to the UNT. We hope to merge parts of INTO into the UNT and make it function as well as it can.

Parts of INTO we would like to incorperate are:

The Space Council
The Society for Intellectual and Cultural Advancement (SICA)
(Squibble) Alliance
123abc123

Postby GreekIdiot » Fri May 22, 2009 9:23 pm

Treaty somewhere?
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Mr.Yankees » Fri May 22, 2009 9:26 pm

Mr.Yankees

Next

Return to Intergovernmental Organizations