OTAF - Organization of Terran Armed Forces HQ

Organisations involving national governments as members.

OTAF - Organization of Terran Armed Forces HQ

Postby colonelvesica » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:06 am

This is the Headquarter of the Organization of Terran Armed Forces, an institute dedicated to the study, overview and advisement of anything to do with military affairs internationally throughout Terra.

If your interested in the OTAF, either in examining your Armed Forces and conflict for advice feel free to message or leave something here.

If your interested in becoming a Regional Inspector feel free to PM me.

In Game Organization: http://classic.particracy.net/vieworgan ... ionid=2836
OTAF Guide: http://1drv.ms/1RTXdoP - I suggest people read it, its quite informative

Senior Leadership
Inspector General: Colonelvesica
Deputy Inspector General: -none-

Regional Inspectors

Artania: -none-
Majatra: -none-
Seleya: -none-
Dovani: -none-
Macon: Colonelvesica
Keris: Colonelvesica
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Re: OTAF - Organization of Terran Armed Forces HQ

Postby NewDranland » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:08 pm

At the risk of spamming all over the forum, I am currently in the process of establishing an overview of the Egelion Armed Forces. I would appreciate any feed back. Many thanks.
The Junta Militar of Egelion. Seized power in March 3983 in order to restore law, order and respect to Egelion. Democracy will be restored once the threat of anarchy passes.
NewDranland

Postby colonelvesica » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:27 pm

First of all thanks for coming to the OTAF. I'd be glad to offer any assistance you need.

I like your Army's Order of Battle but I'd also like to request if possible an Order of Battle (OrBat) for your Navy and Air Force, along with a list of your military equipment inventory (guns, artillery, tanks apcs for the Army, Aircraft for the Air Force and Vessels for the Navy)

Lastly just a small note about nuclear weapons, aside from that post granting you the ability to begin a nuclear weapons program is there any historical RP to back up their creation? Either a previously RPed Egelion nuclear program or acquisition from another nation?
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby NewDranland » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:24 am

I shall work on the Naval and Air Force ORBATs and with regards to equipment Egelion shall have a heavy Spanish flavour.

With regards to RP as you can see there hasn't been much from Egelion recently. However if you scratch beneath the surface, the two following items of legislation predate the advent of the Junta in Egelion;

- The nation reserves the right to develop, construct and store nuclear arms.
- The government encourages nuclear power (subsidies, tax relief etc).

Combined with additional spending (equivalent to 150Billion EGPs over the last five year, with no plans to reduce the budget on the horizon), changes in policies towards the usage of nuclear weapons, the fact that such weapons must have now existed in Terra for ~2000 years and the fact that there are a number of states that a) allow such weapons an b) allow arms to be exported freely, I believe that Egelio could realistically have developed an independent nuclear capability. We're no necessarily talking of a huge quantity of systems, and the nuclear capable submarines have only been purchased in the last few years so it is still a developing capability, but we certainly have the intent and most likely the means to have this capability.
The Junta Militar of Egelion. Seized power in March 3983 in order to restore law, order and respect to Egelion. Democracy will be restored once the threat of anarchy passes.
NewDranland

Postby Maxington » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:37 am

Well we are talking about roleplay, In which has Egelion conducted any form of roleplay with a nation that is recognized by the community as to having WMDs?
From what I know, before you came here there was the Partido Monárquico who really roleplayed on a more Monarchist and Religious Side, in which most of his roleplay was centred around Religion and the monarchy. When i was there I tried to introduce him to the idea of Military Roleplay, but he refused. But eventually, I got him to roleplay a bit, but it did not last long. From what i know, he did not roleplay any transactions between any nations. (So I would say, you have alot of work ahead of you). I am sure Professor Vesica here will assist you in any query which may be haunting you. If not, feel free to ask any other player you see online on the forums. I am always online, so you can ask me, If I am online.
Your Armed Forces can be transformed, but remember it is not an overnight process, It will take some time and effort. Nice to see you are using the Accord. Good to see that. Continue using it, since it is recognized by Moderation, you would not get into any problems. Also, I think Aquinas, our Hard Working Moderator, will tell you when roleplaying to read the Rules, Especially. Chapters 20-25, I would read. Read the entire thing If you'd like, it is truly up to you.

Rules: - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6363
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby colonelvesica » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:04 pm

That's fine about Egelion using the Spanish military as it's base but I still like to see the details in front of me so I can advise :)

As for the nuclear thing I wouldn't say people are so flippant with nuclear arms... at least I'd hope. Nuclear weapons may have been around for 2000 years but you don't see many examples on the for of nations openly trading nuclear weapons and technology anywhere for the past two millennium obviously because of their ramifications. Just because a nation has the policy of openly trading arms and having the ability to construct nuclear weapons doesn't mean they actually built or exported them.

As a rule moving forward I'm going to be advising the RP Team to mandate nuclear weapons at the very least need to be carefully Role Played so that it can be seen; nuclear weapons in modern RP simply have far too many ramifications not to.

Now from what I see you started your nuclear program about 7 years and the fact you encourage nuclear energy helps you but getting viable weapons of sufficient yield would definitely take time as would making a stockpile. Have a Bomber delivered nuclear bomb like Trigunia is possible, having a SLBM nuclear weapon not so much... what's your nuclear Submarine your using because I don't recall Spain actually having any though your free to correct me (understanding of course not your entire inventory or weapons will be Spanish made :) )
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Aquinas » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:18 pm

Thanks for publicising the rules, Max. I know they're long and not everybody gets around to reading them, but its nice for me when they do :).

There is one thing I would like to say here, and I want to apologise in advance if it comes across as in any way negative, because it is not intended to.

But...

We do now have a RP Team in place, with official authority to regulate military role-play in the case of nations which have ratified the RP Accord (see sections 19 & 20 of the Game Rules). It will naturally take a bit of time for all of that to develop, but it is under way.

Unlike the RP Team, OTAF does not have official authority in terms of regulating military role-play. Of course, it is welcome to advise where appropriate and to organise voluntary understandings, but it does not have actual authority in the way the RP Team has authority over the military (and economic) role-play of nations which are under the RP Accord.

At least from my point of view, it would seem it is in the interests of both OTAF and the RP Team to try to co-ordinate/harmonise their roles, if it is possible to do that, in order to make sure the military organisation side of Particracy role-play is reasonably smooth/unconfusing.

ie. What is the role of the RP Team and what is the role of OTAF? How, if at all, would it be best for OTAF to respond/adapt to the emergence of the RP Team and the RP Accord?

As I am writing this I am hesitating a little and worrying whether I have spoken out of turn, and perhaps I have - I don't know - but I do think this is something that sooner or later is going to need discussion.
Aquinas

Postby colonelvesica » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:15 pm

Aquinas wrote:Thanks for publicising the rules, Max. I know they're long and not everybody gets around to reading them, but its nice for me when they do :).

There is one thing I would like to say here, and I want to apologise in advance if it comes across as in any way negative, because it is not intended to.

But...

We do now have a RP Team in place, with official authority to regulate military role-play in the case of nations which have ratified the RP Accord (see sections 19 & 20 of the Game Rules). It will naturally take a bit of time for all of that to develop, but it is under way.

Unlike the RP Team, OTAF does not have official authority in terms of regulating military role-play. Of course, it is welcome to advise where appropriate and to organise voluntary understandings, but it does not have actual authority in the way the RP Team has authority over the military (and economic) role-play of nations which are under the RP Accord.

At least from my point of view, it would seem it is in the interests of both OTAF and the RP Team to try to co-ordinate/harmonise their roles, if it is possible to do that, in order to make sure the military organisation side of Particracy role-play is reasonably smooth/unconfusing.

ie. What is the role of the RP Team and what is the role of OTAF? How, if at all, would it be best for OTAF to respond/adapt to the emergence of the RP Team and the RP Accord?

As I am writing this I am hesitating a little and worrying whether I have spoken out of turn, and perhaps I have - I don't know - but I do think this is something that sooner or later is going to need discussion.
Aquinas you know your feedback is always welcome.

I'd like to state for the record and I hope it came across I wasn't dictating anything or claiming any form of authority, I am in fact merely advising and expressing some minor concerns and comments (it always comes back to nukes and aircraft carriers)

That said I'd be more then happy to work with the RP Team to assist in the regulation and advisement of the military aspect of Global RP... I'm merely waiting for them to reach out to me.

I've already presented myself as both a resource who wants to help, and turned the OTAF very much into an advisory organization. All its going to take is for the RP Team is let me know how they think they could best use both me and the OTAF.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Zanz » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:26 pm

For the record, we have taken colonelvesica's offer of assistance very seriously and with all intentions of utilizing him when we reach a point where we are prepared to do so. We are actively engaged in working on military rankings similar to the Economic Rankings we released not too long ago. This is a long process in which we are attempting to neutralize any preexisting biases on our own part as well as utilize the OTAF document's best pieces while moderating the technical pieces that won't matter to the average, less military-minded player.

I can tell you that after the release of general rankings I intend personally to work with colonelvesica to create an up to date and actively maintained list of the RP Team-recognized size and composition of national navies (because colonelvesica has pointed out that no such list exists), and also to work to bridge what I see as a fairly significant divide between those more militarily-oriented among us, who know exactly the capabilities and cost of the S-400 system and love to debate its capabilities versus certain types of drones, and those of us who can hardly tell a Mauser from a battleship (me).

Essentially what I'm saying is this: the RP Team seeks first to create general categorical rankings similar in structure and methodology to those we created for the Economic Rankings. Then we will circle around to discussing size, composition, and technology available to certain nations, which we fully expect OTAF to play a key role in as advisors. I ask everyone to be patient.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby colonelvesica » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:43 pm

Thanks Zanz. I'd just like you to know I wasn't inferring you were taking too long, merely that I wasn't reached out to yet. Creating a military ranking list I know from personal experience is not easy and can be time consuming, RL constraints not even applied yet. I look forward to working with the RP Team when the time comes.

In the meantime I'll simply continue peddling my advice to those who ask for it. :)
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Next

Return to Intergovernmental Organizations