Gloria Iustitia (GI)

Organisations involving national governments as members.

Re: Gloria Iustitia (GI)

Postby Masionette9 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:59 am

OOC: I'll take care of Seleya after work today. Of course, it will.
Party of National Coalition (Valruzia) - active
Kalistan Democratic Party (Kalistan) - inactive
Masionette9

Postby Corvo Attano » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:46 am

Malivia is a 32.5 or close it because some of our laws are the blank non numbered laws.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Axxell » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:05 pm

OOC: I hope that the scores are reasonable for all. If you have any suggest proposed it. And in effect I didn't check the maximum or minimum total score which can we have.
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby Masionette9 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:58 pm

Report of Gloria Iustitia on the situation of human rights in the Republic of Valruzia

1. The first report on the situation of human rights in the Republic of Valruzia (val. Rzeczpospolita Walruzyjska) by the non-governmental agency 'Gloria Iustitia' (GI) was conducted at the request of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Valruzia (val. Rada Ministrów Rzeczypospolitej Walruzysjkiej) and covers the period from the January 1st, 4272 to December 5th, 4272.

2. The findings listed in this report are grounded on data collected by the GI independent observers and in compliance with the agreement between the GI and the government of Valruzia, their work has not been interrupted.

3. According to this report of the GI, the situation of human rights in the Republic of Valruzia has been assessed at 37 points. Given result is classified as 'very good', considering the fact that Gloria Iustitia assesses points ranging from -49 to 39.

4. Gloria Iustitia verified the statutory laws of the Republic of Valruzia and acknowledges that the situation of human rights in the Republic of Valruzia can be classified as 'very good' considering the fact that individuals can enjoy a wide variety of rights protecting their rights and securing them from any kind of discrimination or offences from other individuals as well as the public authorities. Statutory laws in the Republic of Valruzia successfully bar the authorities from using torture, judicial physical punishments or the death penalty.

5. Valruzian authorities successfully run a cautious policy of affirmative action securing individuals from any kind of segregation and discrimination. Public, as well as Private entities, are barred from any kind of segregation.

6. Racial and religious minorities enjoy generally the same rights as the members of the largest ethnic or religious groups and are not required to register with the public authority which is a display of the 'openness' and inclusive character of both the Valruzian society and authorities.

7. Members of the LGBTQ community enjoy the same rights as heterosexuals and are protected from any form of discrimination. The state administration allows homosexual individuals to serve in the Valruzian Armed Forces freely. The state administration allows homosexual couples to enter civil marriage unions freely. In general, the situation of the LGBTQ community in the Republic of Valruzia can be classified as 'very good'.

8. Situation of women's rights in Valruzia can be classified as 'very good'. Valruzian authorities provides women with the same laws as men. Women can serve in the army in coeducational regiments and their economic rights are equal as those of men.
Masionette9

Postby TPPDJT » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:41 am

OOC: Great work! :D
"Whoever excommunicates me, excommunicates God." - Girolamo Savonarola

"In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king." - Desiderius Erasmus
TPPDJT

Postby Masionette9 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:56 am

Report of Gloria Iustitia on the situation of human rights in Baltusia

1. The first report on the situation of human rights in the Baltusia by the non-governmental agency 'Gloria Iustitia' (GI) was conducted independently and covers the period from the December 1st, 4272 to March 1st, 4273.

2. The findings listed in this report are grounded on data collected by the GI independent observers and based on the access to Baltusia's parliamentary archives and the law gazette.

3. According to this report of the GI, the situation of human rights in Baltusia has been assessed at 38 points. Given result is classified as 'very good', considering the fact that Gloria Iustitia assesses points ranging from -49 to 39.

4. Gloria Iustitia verified the statutory laws of Baltusia and acknowledges that the situation of human rights in Baltusia can be classified as 'very good' considering the fact that individuals can enjoy a wide variety of rights protecting their rights and securing them from any kind of discrimination or offences from other individuals as well as the public authorities. Statutory laws in Baltusia successfully bar the authorities from using torture, judicial physical punishments. The only thing that raised concerns of the observers of Gloria Iustitia (CS) is the Baltusian law on execution of the death penalty which is applied to individuals who committed the crimes of terrorism, treason or crimes against humanity.

5. Baltusian authorities successfully secure individuals from any kind of segregation and discrimination. Public, as well as Private entities, are barred from any kind of segregation. Given result can be assessed as 'very good' considering the situation of ethnic, religious or sexual minorities in Baltusia.

6. Racial and religious minorities enjoy the same rights as the members of the largest ethnic or religious groups and are not required to register with the public authority which is a display of the 'openness' and inclusive character of both the Baltusian society and authorities.

7. Members of the LGBTQ community enjoy the same rights as heterosexuals and are protected from any form of discrimination. The state administration allows homosexual individuals to serve in the Armed Forces of Baltusia and are secured from any form of discrimination whatsoever. The state administration allows homosexual couples to enter civil marriage unions freely. In general, the situation of the LGBTQ community in the Baltusia can be classified as 'very good'.

8. The situation of women's rights in Baltusia can be classified as 'very good'. Baltusian authorities provide women with the same laws as men. Women can serve in the army in coeducational regiments and their economic rights are equal as those of men.
Masionette9

Postby Axxell » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:44 pm

OOC: guys, obviously, using that scores system cannot be sufficent to determine the position of a nation. for example, a nation which as only negative score has the slavery, it would have only of 2 points less than a full democracy. Indipendently by the score, there are some things to consider much more serious. A nation which enforce the slavery simply is not a democracy, it is one of the most serious violations of human rights! And there are also other laws with options which undermine more than other the democraticity of a nation. And I think we should take also in account the RP. The scores system is a good base from which start such analysis, but then it is necessary a little analyzing of the RP and also of possible RP laws enforced.
Axxell

Postby Carter Aaron Scott » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:10 pm

How about this?

The Five Points

We use Axxel's idea of giving a point value to the options. I.e. if say nation A has very strict laws against speaking against the state, you subtract a decimal value, or if they allow all positions, then you add a point value. In the end, the final value for a point should equal too or less than 1, without being below zero.

Point 1: Political Freedom.
This point covers censorship laws, protest laws, police powers, protection of speech, and number of parties within the nation(maybe a bit useless the last one.)

Point 2: Personal Freedom.
This point covers all the civil liberties, except racial ones.

Point 3: Discrimination.
This covers all racial policies, religious policies, or other Discriminatory things.

Point 4: Justice
This covers the Justice system, and whether or not they have the death penalty, rehabilitation, kangaroo trials, etc.

Point 5: Slavery
This point covers slavery, and wether or not it's legal, along with the slave trade.

Overall Score:
Add the total points together, and you have your score.
1- Very Undemocratic
2- Undemocratic
3- ?
4- Democratic
5- Very Democratic
Blackshirts(Malivia)- Active
Blakshyrts(Aldegār)- inactive
Hyperion Corporate Authority (Hawu Mumenhes)- inactive
Carter Aaron Scott

Postby Masionette9 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:50 pm

OOC: I have another alternative. Do we really need points? GI can issue reports on the situation of human rights in different countries without awarding any points. We can establish simple categories for classification: let's say that if a country has no laws discriminating anyone, has equal rights for men and women, allows for homosexuals to marry, militarily is open for them to serve in... etc. etc. then we can classify it as a 'very good' or 'excellent' considering the human rights' situation, if a country has at least one discriminatory law (slavery, death penalty, segregation, punishment for blasphemy etc.) we can classify it as an 'impaired' or 'unjust' etc. considering the situation of human rights. The goal of the GI would be to scrupulously monitor the situation and analyze the RP. The Reports would then be more diverse and wouldn't have to cover every nation, just those with discriminatory laws or those who wish to be classified by the GI. That's one of my solutions.

It's a fair point Axell that points awarding system won't work. Maybe a digressive proportionality system would work in which we would award fewer points for positive aspects and subtract more for negative aspects. But I think that would be too complicated and extremely time-consuming just to establish a working mechanism.

I know that system proposed by me is time-consuming too but that would demand a little bit contribution from us, making those reports more interesting and diverse.

Please express your opinions. I would really like it to work and would really like to cooperate with you all on this one.
Masionette9

Postby Axxell » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:56 pm

OOC: yes, I fully agree. In the last day i realized the limit of the score system. However, at least the list I made I think has given a good idea of the parameters to consider alongside the RP.

:)
Axxell

PreviousNext

Return to Intergovernmental Organizations