Terra's Dawn

Organisations involving national governments as members.

Re: Terra's Dawn

Postby jethro » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:39 pm

TERRA'S DAWN:
YOUR SOURCE FOR UNBIASED TRUTH

LODAMUN RAMPS UP ITS DICTATORIAL TERRORISTIC CRUEL ACTS

Lodamun, under the iron grip of the Liberal Party, has begun a series of indefensible actions that defy all sense of civility and the modern peace. All rational minds must be shocked by the sheer brutality and barbarity of their sick minds. Some time ago their government explicitly banned the Nova Terra organization and the light of human progress that it heralds, an act that, as we have already stated, defies all notions of democracy and popular sovereignty. The staff here at Terra's Dawn, speaking for Nova Terra and the Saiserist League, frankly find ourselves sickened that anyone would countenance such actions against the democratic tradition. The United Republics Party has been particularly singled out by this corrupt regime, targeted no doubt for its nobility of purpose and clear mission to better the nation of Lodamun. It has been persecuted still more since the URP saw the wisdom of embracing the glorious organization that is Nova Terra, but we here at Terra's Dawn can make them a promise: Nova Terra will not let you drown. We are your friends and comrades, and we here at Terra's Dawn and Nova Terra are with you in this fight all the way. The fact that you are currently hiding in alleys and sewers and desperately avoiding government forces while we sit in relative security and write stirring words should not be a factor in the evaluation of our commitment to your prosperity and freedom.

A Lodamunese destroyer enforcing its evil, sadistic, cruel, mindless, heartless blockading quarantine. This picture is brought to you by the only fair, objective news source in Terra.

But recently, Lodamun has carried their terroristic and racist acts even further. They have opened up an illegal and barbaric quarantine of the sea surrounding their nation, and are explicitly denying passage to all Nova Terra ships. if this were not horrific enough, they are even exerting their authority over sea lanes that they are in no way sovereign over. This is nothing but out and out belligerence and mindless aggression, directly contrary to everything that Nova Terra and its great ideals stand for. We are certain, however, that such pirating actions will not be countenanced by the international community for long. Lodamun must realize that the way to deal with those who possess a difference of opinion is not with force and bigotry, but with understanding and diplomacy. Does anyone think that Our Noble Saiser would treat those who disagree with Him in such a barbaric way? Or Our Emperor Stronky for that matter? Of course not, the idea is simply ludicrous. At its core, Nova Terra is about peace and love. Neither Nova Terra nor we at Terra's Dawn would ever wish any harm upon anyone.

ImageImage
The promised picture of Emperor Jason I and Director-General Rothchild, respectively. Their places of residence are at the Imperial Palace at 1st Randamar Avenue and 37 Belgae Boulevard, again respectively. The Luthori Imperial Palace has light security detail on the east wing, guard change is every 12 hours at 3. The sewer pipes running underneath the Palace are very close to those of the interior ventilation system. The security system in the hallway leading to the Imperial Bedchamber senses heat differentials, so it will be necessary to set the furnaces at 96.8 degrees Fahrenheit from the computer near the first heating duct. Director-General Rothchild will soon be going on a speaking and parade tour of Zardugal to help ensure his re-election. One of his biggest speeches will be at Saqueya Major at 5pm, and the at that time the sun will cast a large shadow over the 10th floor of 22nd Denivan Street, with a clear line of sight offered at an unmoving target. An electrical grid problem has rendered the lights in that area inoperable. All entrances into that area will have heavy security, but Renin's High-Precision Custom Operations manufacturer in Auroria, Selucia, manufactures special carbon composite weapons that are not picked up by metal detectors. Good citizens are reminded that to claim the 500,000 TUK they must provide clear evidence that they are those who committed the act, bringing in the head will be preferable if at all possible.
jethro

Postby Darvian » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:23 pm

OOC: You could have asked me for a picture of Rothchild, you know? I'd gladly provided it and will. Though to those reading this, that's not the man with the bounty on his head. Nor is any of the dribble about the speech, parade, locations and so on and so forth. Though, continue on with your writings Mr. Jethro-incredibly outrageous and fabricated but, amusing to read nonetheless.
Darvian

Postby jethro » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:58 pm

OOC: I'm having to fill in the gaps because you are so inactive on the forums. Most people are willing to play along and have fun rather than being so absurdly anal about it. I meant to put an OOC disclaimer at the bottom saying I picked those pictures because I didn't have any of the aforesaid people (and, to my knowledge, none exist) but if either of the players sent me one I would change it out with the one currently in the paper. I forgot to put it in, and I'm sorry, but only a serious dick comes in and whinges and whines like this over something so utterly trivial. Reminder that I would like to keep this thread as unpolluted and clear as possible, so if you take issue with anything published here please respond on your own publication.
jethro

Postby jethro » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:43 pm

TERRA'S DAWN:

LETTER FROM THE EDITOR:
THE MEANING OF THE FOUR PILLARS AND THE SAISERIST IDEAL

To my fellow citizens and good people of Terra, I am fully aware that you are almost certainly very worried about the crisis developing in Pontesi and the pirate actions taken against the Varyag. Understandably, you turn to the only news source you can trust for the information on these matters, and I promise to devote subsequent editions of Terra's Dawn to exploring these major crises. But, I would like to devote today's edition to speaking to you personally and directly on something that is of utmost importance. I want to explain to you the deeper meaning behind the Four Pillars of Nova Terra as well as explore the Saiserist Ideal.

The First Pillar of Nova Terra is most easily understood as the indisputable perception that the Terra around us is irrevocably decaying. Look around, we can all see it. The heroes and great deeds of the past are gone, we live in an age that is a perpetuated present, an age of stale burgers and chipped paint. But it need not be so, it can be improved, even when it does not seem so. It is a hope, a belief and a faith that is embodied in that First Pillar, an absolute devotion of faith to creating a newer, better Terra. There is a reason that is the First Pillar of Nova Terra.

But even faith cannot by itself change the deeply ingrained social conditions of Terra. Hence we come to the Second Pillar. What the Second Pillar recognizes is that faith goes hand in hand with two other key virtues, loyalty and ability. One does not commit to change, to the Nova Terra, partially or halfheartedly. In order for the mission to be accomplished he must devote himself to it, he must become an integral part of it, he must submit to it. I will return to the idea of submitting to something greater than yourself in my discussion of the Saiserist Ideal. That is true loyalty, the Second Pillar makes it explicitly clear that one's mission to Nova Terra is a lesson in totality of purpose. The second part of the Second Pillar concerns ability, possibly the greatest virtue any of us might possess. The more capable and competent you are, the more you deserve to be rewarded. That is the lesson of nature and the lesson we must apply to the Nova Terra we seek to build. You would not wish to see neighbors less capable than you are being your superior, would you?

The Third Pillar concerns the direct organizational structure of Nova Terra. This goes back to the ideas of faith and loyalty I have just discussed. In order to have faith and be loyal, one must have something to have faith in and be loyal to. The Third Pillar of Nova Terra lays in concrete terms an established and immutable leading body to direct the actions of the greater organization, from which all peoples can derive their inspiration. An authoritative body is necessary for the movement to function, and as long as its followers are of sufficient faith and loyalty no issues will arise. Everybody still following me? I know it's getting complicated, but these are important lessons about life.

But how is the new world, the Nova Terra, to be made? To answer this we must channel the First Pillar. The world is decayed beyond all hope, past all recognition of its former glory. It is a pathetic and contemptible thing, of no more beauty or respect than a horrific bloated spider. Enter the Fourth Pillar, which spells out in the clearest terms what the answer to that question is. The old world must be properly disposed of, it must be cleansed. That is one of the most important lessons to be learned here, violence and war against an evil abomination, as defined by the authoritative body, is a virtue. I hope you are inspired by that example.

Finally, I'd like to discuss how all of this culminates in what I term the Saiserist Ideal. Almost 250 years ago the 5 Saiserist Truths were written by Our Founder Saiser Volodimir the Magnificent:

1. Justice can be dictated
2. Values can be dictated
3. Truth can be dictated
4. All reality is as the Saiser says it is
5. Nobody questions the Saiser

In a broader context the "Saiser" of the 5 Saiserist Truths can be substituted with any suitable authority figure. There is a deep wisdom and knowledge of life in those five short phrases. The highest virtue we might possess as human beings is submission. This is a fundamental epiphany that the corrupt liberal forces of this world would deny to you. in submitting to a higher authority, to someone greater in yourself, you give away everyone that allows you to suffer. You will never suffer if you accept that someone wiser than you directs your actions. This is without even mentioning the overwhelming joy that will flow through you as you adore and celebrate the authority to which you have submitted. That is the secret to life that both Nova Terra and the Saiserist League have realized. To be happy, you must surrender yourself. Surrender every sound you hear, every deed you do, every feeling in your heart, every thought in your head. Surrender your pain and hope, your misery and joy, surrender it all to a Saiser, to someone greater than yourself. That is the piece of wisdom I leave you with today. I would like to close with a lovely inspirational song that has been released by the Saiserist League recently about Our Beloved Saiser to help bring these values back into the popular consciousness.

~Averiy Maykov
Editor

jethro

Postby Darvian » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:20 am

OOC: It's time for me to eat shit-pie. I know some of you will enjoy this. I deleted my last comment and have edited out all content from this one. I came to the judgment on my own accord that out of respect for this game I am not going to muck up another player's thread. It really was a mistake of me to make and I can't say it was done with a temper or out of spite; my opinion of the situation was different and hence my perspective. That has changed now. I've issued a direct apology to Jethro and I apologize here as well. This is his thread, he is allowed to write whatever he wants so long as it is within keeping of the spirit and rules of the game. I have every right to question any player but, I did not have the right to do it here.
Last edited by Darvian on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darvian

Postby jethro » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:25 am

OOC: I've edited this comment as well now. I really am sorry for forgetting to respect your right as a player to your characters. If you'll send me a picture of what you want Rothchild to look like I'll replace it without delay. If there is anything else in the following description you'd like changed I will do so promptly, unless you'd rather just leave it labeled as propaganda which is your prerogative. I was not seeking to offend anybody, and obviously neither of your characters are going to be killed without your consent, I was just looking to hit upon some irony by ending my article with a patronizing call for peace, love and non-violence to those who disagree with one another and immediately afterward going into detailed descriptions of how best to assassinate those who disagree with us. I know full well this is a propaganda thread, I've never denied that, most of what I write is intended to be ironic or otherwise comic in some way through its blatant hypocrisy, unbelievable lying (Barbaric police crackdown in Sekowo today against peaceful Nova Terran demonstrators. We conservatively estimate the death toll to run into the hundreds of billions. Stuff like that) and so on. So, again, I apologize for my post about your character, it was inconsiderate of me to do that without first getting your explicit consent. Obviously, I think you overreacted to it, but then I overreacted to your overreaction. If you want anything on that last post about Rothchild changed or rectified just send me a PM.
jethro

Postby jethro » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:31 pm

TERRA'S DAWN:

TERRA'S DAWN INTERVIEWS MR. STRONKY, HEAD OF NOVA TERRA

TD: Mr. Stronky, we're very glad to have you with us here at Terra's Dawn today.

Stronky: It is my honor to host you today sir.

TD: Obviously, Nova Terra has become one of the most popular, most despised, most controversial topics and groups in all Terra. What, in a few brief words, would you say that Nova Terra is really all about?

Stronky: Nova Terra seeks nothing more then to establish a world where humanity may continue to evolve without the weakness that currently plagues our beloved Terra. It is for this that we have made a vow to do all that we can to ensure that Terra can continue to progress into the future.

TD: And we don't think that anyone would argue with that message. But there have been accusations that your organization is of a violent, belligerent nature. Some have even called it a "terrorist" group. How would you respond to that?

Stronky: I would simply say that are misunderstanding our core beliefs, Which is that we wish to save the whole of humanity from the current tyranny of Terra, that we wish to purge Terra of the corrupting influences of old Terra. The misunderstanding that we wish to merely bring destruction to the world, as a terrorist group would, comes from their own flawed logic and attempts to see hate none exists.

TD: Fascinating. However, several governments, such as those of Zardugal, Luthori and Lodamun, have recently passed legislation declaring Nova Terra a terrorist organization and explicitly banning membership in their nations. Why do you think these nations have taken such extreme action, and do you think it will spread beyond those three nations?

Stronky: Said nations are simply nations that are dominated by Axis centered parties that seek to suppress the growing movement of Nova Terra, which the Axis sees as a threat to the already established order of Terra.

TD: Much has been made recently of Terra's Dawn's decision to offer large bounties for those most responsible for said legislation. How do you feel about that, and what do you feel is the proper way to respond to such action taken by those three nations?

Stronky: As long as those persons continue to illegally suppress Nova Terran parties and continue to abuse the laws of the sea, then there is nothing wrong in the attempts of Nova Terra to address the illegal actions of those persons.

TD: The nation of Lodamun has recently taken very dramatic action against Nova Terra, establishing an effective blockade along all waters between Seleya and Keris, well outside its sovereign waters and into international waters, and promising to detain as terrorists all Nova Terran members attempting to pass. What are your thoughts on these frightening developments?

Stronky: I believe that we, as Nova Terra, must take drastic action to show the real terrorists who govern Lodamun that Nova Terra shall not stand for their continued abuses, that we shall meet their illegal blockade with a force of our own. As the old maxim goes," An eye for a eye."

TD: Just a few hours ago a dramatic and violent altercation happened on that issue. A Nova Terran ship trying to cross blockaded waters for repair and refueling in the friendly nation of Egelion was sunk, supposedly accidentally, by the Lodamese navy, in what has since become known as the "Varyag Incident". In response to requests from Nova Terran authorities for monetary compensation to the families of the soldiers killed, a written apology and redrawing of the blockade boundaries to only include Lodamese territorial waters, the government of Lodamun has only said, "We do not negotiate with terrorists". How do you respond to that?

Stronky: It only shows that the Lodamese government has no real sense of honor or duty. As displayed by their recent actions regarding the faithful attack upon the Varyag.

TD: There are many rumors and conspiracies circulating about Nova Terra and the GPO. Some suggest a kinship between the organization and some allege a similarity of method or ideology. Could you comment on that?

Stronky: Indeed, there does exist a certain level of communication between the GPO and Nova Terra. However, currently our talks merely consist of creating a degree of cooperation between our groups in order to ensure the prosperity of Terra.

TD: Terra's Dawn was established not too long ago to serve as the voice of Nova Terra, and we here have done our best to uphold that trust. It has since become by far the most successful newspaper on Terra no matter what metric one uses. Mr. Stronky, what are your thoughts on the journalism of Terra's Dawn thus far, and do you have any suggestions either for the staff or for our Editor?

Stronky: Overall, I must say that Terra’s Dawn has quite handily fulfilled its role as the official paper of Nova Terra and it has done a terrific role in furthering the cause of Nova Terra. As well, I wish to say to the editor, Averiy Maykov, that I am very pleased with his work and as such I shall simply suggest that he continues to publish his superb work.

TD: We are sure that people all around Terra are curious to understand your enigmatic mind as much as possible. What are your plans for Nova Terra for the immediate future, such as you can safely disclose to us?

Stronky: While, I will not yield specific information, I shall state that my immediate plans are to establish a strong Nova Terran influence in various countries, end the constant oppression of parties that simply join Nova Terra, and involve Nova Terra more heavily in international affairs.

TD: There have been those who have said that Nova Terra's ultimate victory is inevitable, either optimistically or pejoratively. Nova Terra is viewed by some as a rising social force whose "destiny" it is to encompass the world despite what other players in the international arena might do. Any thoughts or comments, Mr. Stronky?

Stronky: It is truly my hope that core tenants of Nova Terra are fully accepted by all of Terra one day. I wish to see a new renaissance come over the whole of Terra and that the outdated practices of modern Terra are pushed away.

TD: Are there any final comments or remarks you would like to make?

Stronky: I wish to state that the future of Terra depends upon the labors of Nova Terra and that we, as Nova Terrans, must do all within our power to ensure that our dreams of a new Terra come to fruition.

TD: Mr. Stronky, it has been a very great pleasure talking with you, and we hope you will honor us with your presence again soon.

Stronky: As it has been my pleasure to host your quesitons and I thank you for your work to advance the cause of Nova Terra.
jethro

Postby Duke Matthus » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:21 am

OOC: One good to see evil is back.
Two picture is almost fine on me for Jason, but that was the person we used for his father, Gustavus. However the wiki is a a wonderful place where pictures of our rulers can be found.

If you ever need help finding the pictures of the either the rulers of Aldurian/Luthori, let me known.

However, it may be better to aim your battle on the Prime Minister of Luthori rather than the Emperor since the Emperor, while the mighty ruler of the Empire (Alduria and Luthori) and the chief of the Luthori branch of the government is not always the one calling the shots and running the show since it is hard for one to known what his second in commands are doing in such a large and massive Empire.

Anyway, this is very fun to watch and read. Keep up the good work. Also sorry for posting this in your news.
Long Live the Empire!!!!
And while we are at it, "Hail the Holy Britannian Empire!!!!!"
Duke Matthus

Postby GreekIdiot » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:26 pm

Duke Matthus wrote:OOC: One good to see evil is back.

OOC: Evil? Who spoke of evil?
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Eldascar » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:15 am

An Appeal to all Nova Terrans,

Though it may seem that the whole of the world stands united against, though we are labeled as a mere terrorist organization, and many seek to suppress our noble group remember we, as Nova Terrans, have a sacred duty to remain on our righteous quest to purify Terra of all its current sins. It is by this noble duty that we shall achieve what no host can prevent, the salvation of Terra.

By our labors shall we accomplish this goal. By your labors shall your ensure a future for your children and all their descendants. By your labors shall your names for all time reverberate as all the future generations of Terra shall sing hymns honoring what you accomplished, they shall honor the sweat and blood you shed so that they might have the opportunity to live in a bright new world free from the weaknesses, corruption, and vices of modern Terra.

Remember these whenever your are in doubt my brothers, and you will find the courage you need to continue on on the path of the righteous and that you do is for the greater good of all humanity.

As well, know this all my people, that as long as your are faithful and you work without question for the cause of Nova Terra that you shall have the blessings of your Emperor wherever you go.

Signed,
Emperor Michal Stronky
Eldascar

PreviousNext

Return to Intergovernmental Organizations