3rd General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: General Assembly

Postby Aquinas » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:00 pm

OOC: To clarify, I have permission from Slothpo, the player who controls the Foreign Minister, to RP this character.

IC: Padmini K. Alaparthy, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Potensi Gaṇarājya:

Assembled delegates,

For some time now, my country has been plagued by the so-called "Army of Equality", a group of extreme left-wing terrorist subversives who are committing horrific attacks upon our citizens. In one recent atrocity, they kidnapped 5 Potensians, executed them and then released a public video of the heinous act.

The leader of this organisation, the notorious Kotari Ravel, has now fled to Lodamun. We have asked Lodamun to extradite Ravel to Potensi, so he can be put on trial for his crimes. Unfortunately, the Lodamun government has refused to do this, and has even made Ravel a Lodamese citizen.

We are concerned not only that Ravel is not being brought to account for his crimes, but also that he may potentially use Lodamun as a base to encourage and orchestrate further attacks upon our country - and who knows, possibly against other countries as well? This is obviously a dangerous and unscrupulous man who cannot be trusted.

On behalf of the government and people of Potensi, I am therefore asking the World Congress for its assistance in bringing about a positive resolution to this situation.
Aquinas

Postby jamescfm » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:05 pm

Payam Khodayari, Aldegarian General Assembly Ambassador:
I warn you, my friend, the World Congress is not the place to come to seek a positive resolution. It is infested with human rights abusers, anti-democrats and imperialists.
jamescfm

Postby Adithya » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:45 pm

Mrs.Rebecca Johnson,Hutorian Representative Speaks out on the Kotari Ravel Crisis:-

Good Evening,Ladies and Gentlemen.

We have observed the diplomatic situation between Pontesi and Lodamun with keen interest.And Hutori is ready to Support Pontesi in this issue as we believe Kotari Ravel is a Terrorist who needs to be extradited immediately to Pontesi.Any Diplomatic help required to resolve this crisis will be provided by the Hutorian Government.

Thank you
Adithya

Postby Adithya » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:51 pm

OOC:-I also represent Dundorf as I play in both countries.

Peter Schneider,the Dundorfian Representative to the security council.

Good Evening to all members present here.
The Dundorfian Government has been following the developments between Pontesi and Lodamun.And just like Mrs.Johnson Of Hutori,we believe that the Fault lies in Lodamuns side and action must be taken by lodamun to extradite Mr.Ravel to Pontesi,he has committed some serious crimes and is a Terrorist,so Dundorf will support Pontesi in this issue.

Danke
Adithya

Postby stuntmonkey » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:07 pm

Otto Vanderijk Blick, Baltusian Ambassador to the General Assembly:

We remind assembled delegates that if Lodamun is persuaded to change their mind on Ravel then action must be taken quickly as neighbouring Kalistan has an open border possibly and he may easily flee there but then not be easily retrieved.

We know this because many years ago a notorious criminal in Baltusia escaped justice by fleeing north into Kalistan and took advantage of this policy to avoid extradition.

You may wish to try to lock down that escape route in good time through dialogue with Kalistan.
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey

Postby MarkWill » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:24 pm

Luthorian Ambassador to the World Congress, Steven Moss:
The Holy Luthori Empire is also taking note of the ongoing developments between Pontesi and Lodamun; however, since we do not have official diplomatic relations with either country and neither is situated within Artania, we believe other nations are may be more able to deal with this issue. Nonetheless, we offer to mediate if both sides so desire. Until then, we will be observing from the sideline with hopes that Kotari Ravel of the Army of Equality is quickly extradited back to Pontesi.
Turdidae, formerly Mark3, Mark2, MarkWill

Union Party (Aloria)
Vorona Conservative Party
Union Canrillaise (Baltusia)
Parti Conservateur d'Alduria
United Luthori - active
Nouveau Centre (Rildanor)
MarkWill

Postby Axxell » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:41 am

Mr Malga, Istalian Ambassador to the World Congress:

Also my nation followed the evolution of the situation between Pontesi and Lodamun, and given the evidences and the official condemnation by the pontesian government against Mr Ravel, it would be warmly that Lodamun returned on his steps and agreed to hand over Mr Ravel, condemned in absentia, to the pontesiane authorities. We cannot fail to recognise as the granting of citizenship to the pontesian terrorist has been a move to allow to adjust the situation of Ravel to the Lodamun legislation that avoid extradition for its citizens. A measures that contributing to create a difficult situation and we believe that the request from Pontesi is legitime.

But, it is also real that currently Pontesi provides the death penality to those guilty of terrorism and we are also concerned about that. Also Istalia doesn't allow extradition to nations with capital punishment or with cruel or inhumane treatment of suspects and convicts and we understand why the government of Ludamun avoided the extradition, hoping that do not exist other hidden motivations behind this decision.
In fact, kill an human being, this human being, will not appease the pain of the families of the victims caused by the terrorist acts of this person, certainly not back them to life. The death penalty is nothing but a form of revenge, and revenge is absolutely not synonymous with justice.

We believe in the right of Pontesi to bring this person towar the Justice, it's really a sacrosant right, but we would betray our most solid principles and our deepest beliefs if my country pushed for extradition to Pontesi sending to certain death this individual.
But now, waiting for further negotiations, we demand to the Lodamun government first of all to recognize the sins of Ravel, recognizing him as a criminal and a terrorist who has stained his hands of the blood of countless innocent lives and then to provide an treatment adeguate to a terrorist, ie, preventing him from leading a normal life as a neo citizen of Lodamun, condemning it, for now, as a citizen of Lodamun guilty of terrible crimes overseas and then intern him in a penal facility waiting for the resolution of this international crisis, to prevent him to flee to other countries willing to accept him, a measures that it would be much wiser by the Lodamun Government that at this time we can not deny is clearly protecting a criminal.
We can accept the protection of the person as human being from cruel treatment and from the death penalty, but we can not accept the protection and safeguarding of a criminal as an ordinary citizen free to move and live a normal life who, during his stay in Lodamun, should be treated only as a criminal.

Thank you
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby Aquinas » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:18 pm

Padmini K. Alaparthy, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Potensi Gaṇarājya:

Assembled delegates,

On behalf of Potensi's government and people, I warmly thank the previous speakers who have lent their support to our request for Kotari Ravel to be extradited from Lodamun to Potensi, so he can be put on trial for his crimes. If Lodamun does not swiftly comply with our legitimate request, then we strongly urge the Security Council to move as fast as possible towards adopting a formal resolution on this.

We continue to hope the Lodamun government will change its unreasonable stance, but if it refuses to do so, then serious options, including sanctions, should be considered. Lodamun's harbouring of terrorists is not just a threat to Potensi; it is also a threat to the whole of Terra.

We respectfully acknowledge Istalia's stance against capital punishment, but with the greatest of respect to Istalia, this is a matter for Potensi, not for Istalia. As has previously been explained, Kotari Ravel and the so-called "Army of Equality" are the very worst kind of criminal terrorists. They have no moral scruples at all. They recently took 5 men and 5 women hostage - all innocent civilians, then executed them and then circulated a video of the execution. They have committed other atrocities as well, and they are promising more of the same. Their goal is no less than the violent overthrow of our democratic system of government.

Please let me assure the General Assembly that if Kotari Ravel is extradited to Potensi, he will receive a fair trial and due process will be followed. He will be treated infinitely more justly and humanely than he has treated his victims.
Aquinas

Postby NationalDemUnion1 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:58 pm

[i]A woman in traditional Aldegarian clothes, complete with headscarf, walked into the Chamber and approached Payam Khodayari/i]

Mr Khodayari, by order of the Foreign Minister-designate Daneer Tuzgaby you are hereby removed from your position. Here is your official notice of termination of employment by the Ambassadorial Corps.
Ladies and gentlemen, honoured and esteemed delegates. I am Rani Muzqafi, the new Aldegarian ambassador to the Assembly.
National Democratic Union of Aldegar
NationalDemUnion1

Postby NationalDemUnion1 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:43 pm

Rani Muzqafi, the Aldegarian ambassador

I can now report to the Assembly that the Government of Aldegar has now undertaken steps to repeal the anti-Baltusian legislation introduced by the previous government. This is to be done, in accordance with the initial law, with a simple majority vote. The repeal bill recognises the new Government diplomatic position that shall be taken to Baltusia- the Divan and Government pledge to respect the will of the Baltusian people with respect to the issue of Head of State and to work with the democratically elected government of Baltusia to produce a settlement in accordance with the expressed will of the Baltusian people.
The Shah continues to hold the right to use the titles associated with Baltusia within Aldegar, but no reference shall be made in official documents or diplomatic missives.
National Democratic Union of Aldegar
NationalDemUnion1

PreviousNext

Return to Sessions Archive