Valruzian International Conference

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Valruzian International Conference

Postby LukasV » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:23 pm

Greetings, esteemed dignitaries and delegates.

The Empire of Valruzia would like to call this conference in light of the recent developments concerning the embargo on the Lodatien Republic of Lodamun. Having had time to parse the documents thoroughly, Valruzia is ready to reveal the information upon request, as it was presented, to the rest of Terra, for others to make their own judgments.

A complete economic embargo has been placed against the Lodatien Republic of Lodamun for reasons of conspiracy to undermine the strength and sovereignty of Valruzia, conspiracy to overthrow the administration of Valruzia, and aiding a foreign power in the destruction of Valruzian land and of innocent Valruzian lives. This has been revealed by the Valruzian Intelligence Agency through the investigations of Kalistan-Lodamun relations. It was revealed that the Lodamuni government had signed an unofficial agreement with Kalistan regarding the passage of military forces through Lodamun to Valruzia. From the intelligence report, it was also recorded that a fairly large monetary deal was executed between the Kalistanis and the Lodamunis, quite oddly prior to the invasion of Valruzia.

At the time, the Valruzian government was quite certain that Kalistan had also declared on Lodamun, as the southern portion of the Kregon province was left scorched and devastated. However, our further investigation into these surroundings revealed a different truth. An unofficial pact was formed between the two nations, allowing Kalistani forces to move unchallenged through southern Lodamun, only destroying a portion of Kregon to act as though a conflict had occurred, when in reality it was all a ruse.

So you see, Lodamun has sought to aid in the destruction and undermining of the Valruzian Republic by assisting the Kalistani forces in streamlining their attack effort on our country. While the leaders and parties that had orchestrated this move may be gone now, the fault remains with the nation as a whole for allowing for countless atrocities to be performed upon the Valruzian people.

The Valruzian Empire does not seek open war with Lodamun; it would be a useless gesture. However, we will not let such an injustice go unpunished. Thus, we urge all countries of Terra to follow suit and to sanction Lodamun from all economic trade.

This is our cause.

I do hope that this helps to explain our cause, and we strongly urge the great nations of Terra to stand with us in this time to fight against deceit, dishonor, and injustice, and to bring Lodamun to justice for their crimes against both Valruzia and against humanity.

In light of this, I would now like to call this conference into session, with the hopes that this will clear up misjudgments and remove the veil of doubt and injustice from this issue. Thank you.

-Lord Chancellor Jerzy Chulbarski
Secretary to His Imperial Majesty, Cesarz Aleksander I of Valruzia
Get All That You Deserve In This World

Free Speech Fundamentalist
Classical Liberal/Libertarian
A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

"You believe you have dominion
So you force your lame opinions on me
And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Re: Valruzian International Conference

Postby kylejenkins27 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:50 pm

"Such decietful practices cannot be tolerated in Terra. My administration shall move immediately to implement temporary economic sanctions against Lodamun. We cannot allow this act to go unpunished from the global community or we shall send the message that such things are acceptable. The government of Lodamun must answer for this deed."

Frank Todd
Governor of the Federal Republic of Deltaria
Chairman of the Whig Party

Demokratychna Delic Partija Deltársko
Deltarsko Risa
kylejenkins27

Postby UniSocAll » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:14 am

We in Gaduridos, unlike the government of Deltaria, shall not believe the words of Valruzia. We would like empirical and tangible proof for these allegations. Without proof, this is simply propaganda by the Valruzian imperialists. And obviously Valruzia has a different motive, as the Valruzia has not condemned, nor impose any embargo or sanctions of Kalistan itself, while they were the one that allegedly committed these atrocities.

We condemn the actions taken by Valruzian government, seeing that is has an ulterior motive as they aren't treating Kalistan the same way, as well as the premature judgement of the Deltarian government.

Valruzia has already shown it's militaristic and aggressive tendency with it's recent display of 'power'.

Kalistan and Lodamun are both allies of Gaduridos and the current governments there have always been a rather-isolationist and peaceful nation, and we shall await for their side of the story. We shall also await empirical and tangible proofs.

Minister-President Garrus Arterius
Free Gaduridos
[IAN] International Airwaves Network [IAN]
Like Music To Your Ears | Connecting Communities

Alliance of Terran Republics
UniSocAll

Postby LukasV » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:37 am

UniSocAll wrote:We in Gaduridos, unlike the government of Deltaria, shall not believe the words of Valruzia. We would like empirical and tangible proof for these allegations. Without proof, this is simply propaganda by the Valruzian imperialists. And obviously Valruzia has a different motive, as the Valruzia has not condemned, nor impose any embargo or sanctions of Kalistan itself, while they were the one that allegedly committed these atrocities.

We condemn the actions taken by Valruzian government, seeing that is has an ulterior motive as they aren't treating Kalistan the same way, as well as the premature judgement of the Deltarian government.

Valruzia has already shown it's militaristic and aggressive tendency with it's recent display of 'power'.

Kalistan and Lodamun are both allies of Gaduridos and the current governments there have always been a rather-isolationist and peaceful nation, and we shall await for their side of the story. We shall also await empirical and tangible proofs.

Free Gaduridos

Minister Arterius,

I appreciate your concern in this matter, and will gladly strive to fill in the gaps.

While you are indeed correct about Kalistan being responsible for the physical work of the invasion, it would not have been made possible without the aid of either the Lodamuni government or the Baltusian government, as both nations lie between Kalistan and Valruzia. Valruzia has always had a deep respect for our friends in Baltusia, and we have been set at ease knowing that they are not involved in this. Having said that, the only logical source of the invasion would be to go through Lodamun (a naval invasion was not possible, due to the deployment of our military forces at the time of the Kalistani Declaration of War).

I will admit, our ties with Lodamun have been substandard in the past. Since the secession of the former governate of Tirkalara from the Kingdom of Lodamun in the 15th century, Lodamun has become slightly hostile to Valruzia. This hostility was made apparent in the Lodamuni Invasion on Valruzia in 1926, when they tried to retake Tirkalara as their own territory. This attack failed, due to fortification of the Valruzian Military, which at the time, was one of the most powerful on Terra. A pact of mutual peace, the Pact of Orlik, was signed in 1928, and both of our respective nations have gone our separate ways since then.

Does Lodamun have a motive for their actions against Valruzia over 120 years ago? It may be an ancient grudge, but I would not discredit its validity for a second. It was a clever tactic, as Lodamun cannot openly attack Valruzia without violating the Pact of Orlik. However, letting Kalistani forces through to do the same would simply lay the blame on someone else, while getting the same satisfaction of a Valruzian conflict. It is a sick and twisted way of thinking on their part, but it is founded on historical evidence of motive, to an extent.

Regarding Valruzia's stance toward Kalistan, we have since the invasion come to terms with the Kalistanis. Through the Peace Treaty of Kaliburg-Ananto, signed in 3106, relations between Valruzia and Kalistan have improved greatly over the past century, regardless of their invasion. Doubtless, there are many within the nation that would seek to repay Kalistan in kind for their offenses and bloodshed that they executed over our lands over 120 years ago, but Valruzia is a progressive nation and we seek only to remove and account for injustice in the world, not create more of it. Furthermore, we have decided to upgrade our treaty with Kalistan, in the hopes that we may work together to rid Seleya, and by extension Terra, of injustice. As it stands, the Kalistanis have paid for what they have done in time, and we have been able to change a grudging hatred into a blossoming friendship, as it were.

Having said that, Lodamun bears the heavy burden of responsibility for the destruction of Valruzian land, as well as the loss of Valruzian lives. If it were not for their underhanded dealings with Kalistan, the invasion would have ultimately failed, and Valruzia would be at peace. Sadly, that is not the case, and this is why we condemn Lodamun to its fate.

Note how merciful Valruzia is in these proceedings. We do not care to spill blood, regardless of our lost blood in the past because of their actions. We are giving the Lodamuni time to issue an apology and
reparations for the damages they have, albeit indirectly, incurred. This is a peaceful embargo at the moment, and we intend to keep it that way.

Minister Arterius, your tone in mocking the Valruzian naval exercises in the Southern Ocean wounds us deeply. As it was said before, we will not be subject to weakness and instability any longer, and we intend to flex our arm, as both a deterrent as well as a reassurance. While I'm not aware of the status of the Valruzian-Gaduri affairs at this time, I'm certain that we may discuss a better future for both of our respective nations.

Governor Todd, we graciously applaud your nation's decision in assisting us to curb injustice. Your support is well received and appreciated by the Valruzian people.

A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby LukasV » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:54 pm

Are there any further questions or remarks pertaining to this issue? Perhaps any comment or observation of the overall scheme of Valruzia, and its planned future?

A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby UniSocAll » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:24 am

We've yet to seen tangible and empirical proof. We shall disregard Valruzia's claim, and file it under the 'ignore' folder. Gaduridos will stand by it's peaceful and pacifist policy, but would not hesitate to protect our Allies in Lodamun and Kalistan, and any other nation. Seleya, nor the Northern part of Seleya, shall not be threatened by a decade-old 'empire'.

Free Gaduridos

UniSocAll

Postby LukasV » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:36 am

UniSocAll wrote:We've yet to seen tangible and empirical proof. We shall disregard Valruzia's claim, and file it under the 'ignore' folder. Gaduridos will stand by it's peaceful and pacifist policy, but would not hesitate to protect our Allies in Lodamun and Kalistan, and any other nation. Seleya, nor the Northern part of Seleya, shall not be threatened by a decade-old 'empire'.

Free Gaduridos

Your blatant hostility to our nation is noted, Mr Arterius. It is regrettable that you, on behalf of your nation, cannot conduct yourself in a more diplomatic manner, and we hope that Valruzia will not have the displeasure of working with your government in the future, if we are to be constantly insulted, demeaned, and mocked as such. This sort of behaviour, as can be observed by many in the international community, is abhorrent and unacceptable.

We have issued no threats to anyone. We are conducting ourselves in a peaceful and legal manner. However, short of dragging the sacred bodies of the dead from the ground, I'm afraid that we cannot give you anything more. Lodamun has yet to respond to these allegations, and their silence is not procuring them any justice.

Regrettably,
Lord Chancellor Filip Walony

A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby LukasV » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:37 pm

Mr. Arterius,

Perhaps I may procure an answer from you to a demanding question. You have been assaulting our nation with allegations of being warmongering and, to an extent, 'fake' as a nation. Perhaps we can examine something else for a change.

Where was Gaduridos when Kalistan invaded our homeland, killing hundreds of innocent Valruzians, destroying millions of homes and lives, all to overthrow a libertarian government? Where was Gaduridos when Relonanki fell? Where was Gaduridos when our enemies closed in around us? Where was Gaduridos, the just and pacifist nation that seeks to unify Seleya into a mutual defensive grid of friends and allies? I ask you again: where was Gaduridos?

Until you can justly give me a suitable answer to these questions, especially one that is, to use your own words, tangible, you have absolutely no right to involve yourself in affairs in Seleya. You speak of justice, and yet when you could have given it, you allowed for further injustice to be done. You speak of being a shield for those who cannot defend themselves, but when it comes time to prove your mettle, you chose to turn that into a knife in the back instead. You, sir, are the one who is fake, who is suspicious, who would forsake all those closest to you for a shot at personal fame and glory.

We await the Gaduri response to these allegations. We will not incur threats to any nation over this, but it is a troubling question that should be answered by Gaduridos before they begin to pass judgment on anything else.

Regards,
Emperor Jerzy Chulbarski

A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby UniSocAll » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:03 pm

Mr. Chulbarski,

Even though you disregarded that at that time, Gaduridos was under a completely different government than know, or that it was under the control of another nation as opposed to now, or the simple fact that I wasn't Minister-President at that time either, I will still answer your questions.

The humble citizens of Gaduridos were humbly being oppressed at the time of this supposed incident, and in the history books of Seleya, there was no war anyway that they could've interfered. Yes, Gaduridos is ready to state that all this shenanigans by the Valruzian government is based on lies and deceit. Fact is, there was no war, there are no documentation as such and Valruzia has either an incompetent Government who actually believed erroneous reports, incompetent intelligence agencies who produced erroneous reports, or deliberately created these reports to promote their own imperialist agenda.

Though I must give them credit, they did indeed fool one other government, Deltaria. I hope the government and parliament of Deltaria also does an investigation. How can the government be fooled and embarrassed like this? Does Deltaria and it's government even have fact-checkers? Is the entire government system incompetent, did they really get fooled? Or maybe this can also be case of accepting falsified documents as truth for their own agenda?

As Minister President of the governmental cabinet of Free Gaduridos, I must say that both these nations have lost any respect and credibility they had from Gaduridos, and we hope that these governments think about their actions before they act such prematurely. Surely, they don't want to either embarrass or expose themselves again like this.

Free Gaduridos

OOC:
I assume you mean:
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=316462
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4207&p=28706

From what I've found, it seems that it didn't happen (Valruzia didn't consent so it never happened)

PS. sorry if I was harsh :) it's just politics and IC.

UniSocAll

Postby LukasV » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:28 pm

So wait, if no invasion happened, why would the nation of Kalistan issue an invasion notice, and then force the signing of a Peace Treaty shortly after? In this sense, what is the logical chain of causality here?

OOC: Judging from the amount of stuff that was posted about this in our nation page, as well as the corresponding arguments, there was indeed a conflict. So what do we believe at this juncture?

This pretty much killed all RP that we were going to be doing. Great. Now it's back to bill pushing, which is SO fun.

A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Next

Return to Diplomacy