UNT Security Council Meeting

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: UNT Security Council Meeting

Postby Darvian » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:59 pm

admtrap wrote:Elric raised an eyebrow; while there had been a "vote" called, it was not entirely clear what the question of the vote was. Perhaps it was a mistranslation, or Terran parliamentary procedure varied widely from that of Nihaton... well, that was pretty likely, actually, given that the Secretary-General had no beer mug before him.

"Mr. Secretary-General, my apologies for the clarification; if the question is 'Who shall be seated to represent Hobrazia,' Darnussia reiterates its vote of neither. If, however, the question is 'Which of these two honorable gentleman shall be seated in Hobrazia's chair,' Darnussia abstains. We respectfully consider the question premature."

OOC: To clarify, the vote up is to -who- to seat from Hobrazia. As the S.G. it is not my power to seat one of the Ambassadors. All I can do is point out that there are two contending ambassadors from Hobrazia and kick it to the Security Council for a vote and resolution, as it stands still waiting on votes. Good RP so far from everyone, I must say and I appreciate the cooperation as this will set the tone and pace and settle the issue allowing the Security Council to move onto why it was convened in the first place.

OOC2: No problem Rumbold, though did you vote-that's all I care about right this second heh. The S.G. will get the ball rolling (hopefully) once the issue of the dual-ambassadors is squared away and of course as an Ambassador your comments are on the record and will be no doubt be brought up at the pertinent time.
Darvian

Postby bucsfan47 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:13 pm

Chancellor Kent stood, with a stern look on his face he began.

"Mr Secretary, on behalf of the Federation of Zardugal, i would like to speak." He paused for a brief moment and look around the chamber, " While it is known that my nation is not anywhere near friendly relations with Hobrazia, we must recognize the legitimacy of newly appointed Ambassador Jorgé Fernandes, I fear that the UNT would head down a dangerous path if we were to dictate who a nation is able to chose as a representative. We must respect the sovereignty of Hobrazia and acknowledge Mr. Fernandes as the legitimate ambassador. This should not even be an issue."

Bruce Kent
Chancellor of Zardugal
Ambassador to United Nations of Terra
Utinam barbari spatium proprium tuum invadant!
bucsfan47

Postby GreekIdiot » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:30 am

Mr.Yankees wrote:OOC: George, no commenting here unless you are speaking for your country please. Thank you!

OOC: I am speaking for my country, you nitwit.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby YankeeHater » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:37 am

As usual the Liberal Party does not quote anything in the charter to claim the UNT has the power to suspend the voting rights of a permanent member. There is a current ambassador passed by a majority vote in a true multi-party democracy (unlike Lodamun). http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=248875
The Hobrazian ambassador vetoed this bill. It's over.

Perhaps the UNT can debate relevant matters such as illegal blockades of international shipping lanes by Lodamun rather than legitimate appointments by sovereign states.
YankeeHater

Postby Sam » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:45 pm

The Hobrazian ambassador moves that we consider the topic of Lodamun's illegal blockade.
"The FSB finally caught him for talking shit about replacing Putin with this "Saiser" character. I'm guessing they're up to his seventh toenail by now."
- Dynastia on jethro
Sam

Postby Rumbold90 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:16 pm

"We agree. We would like to discuss the illegal blockade of international ships in internationl waters."
United Worker's Front
Mordusia
Rumbold90

Postby Mr.Yankees » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:15 pm

YankeeHater wrote:As usual the Liberal Party does not quote anything in the charter to claim the UNT has the power to suspend the voting rights of a permanent member. There is a current ambassador passed by a majority vote in a true multi-party democracy (unlike Lodamun). http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=248875
The Hobrazian ambassador vetoed this bill. It's over.

Perhaps the UNT can debate relevant matters such as illegal blockades of international shipping lanes by Lodamun rather than legitimate appointments by sovereign states.

OK. That's it. Since both of you (Sam, you are included) don't understand the definition of "you can't vote", I will make it very simple. Since this meeting is supposed to have happened one day after the General Assembly meeting (2740), Nico Neesam (First) is the ambassador from Hobrazia. Is that clear? I don't want any more whining or petty excuses. You take it or leave it.

First, you are free to post here as the ambassador for Hobrazia. We will move on.

George S.K wrote:
Mr.Yankees wrote:OOC: George, no commenting here unless you are speaking for your country please. Thank you!

And George, I know you are not. Stop being annoying, is that understood?

And my quarantine started on February 1st, 2740. That's so no one asks me in the future.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby jethro » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:23 pm

Where is your justification? There is no precedent or procedure for what you are calling for. You cannot do what you are claiming and that is why you cannot and do not cite procedure. You are simply declaring procedure by fiat. You are not dictator of this chamber, there are established rules that you are as bound by as all others. The United Nations Charter will not be overridden simply because something contrary to its nature and befuddling in logic is asserted by those who clearly do not understand either democracy or conduct of procedure.

~Jorge Fernandez
jethro

Postby Mr.Yankees » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:34 pm

OOC: Jethro, I am being very nice here. I really don't want to be rude to anyone. I don't have to provide any proof but if you want proof, go ahead and look at the General Assembly thread.

You guys are out, First is in. I really don't care whether you like it or not. Never have, never will.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby GreekIdiot » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:38 pm

Mr.Yankees wrote:
George S.K wrote:

And George, I know you are not. Stop being annoying, is that understood?

OOC: First of all, stop pretending to be God in these threads. Is that understood? You are the one that's being annoying. I represent a minority, but nonetheless, I may speak on behalf of those who support me. The nation I am currently situated in is part of the Security Council and therefore I have the right to express my views freely, as well as those of my people, so, keep your nasty little power hungry hands to your egoistical, self-righteous, close-minded attitude.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

PreviousNext

Return to Diplomacy