UNT Security Council Meeting

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: UNT Security Council Meeting

Postby Emunim » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:46 pm

OOC: The problem with insisting on saying this meeting taking place seven years ago is we can't talk about anything relevant. We can't talk about Nova Terra taking over Hobrazia because it doesn't happen for another three years, we can't talk about Lodamon extending its blockade, and if I was being entirely realistic I would have to take a very different approach to both Barmenistans neighbours, since I've changed foreign relations since then.

Whatever, I think it's a very flawed system, but I'll go along with it so long as everyone can agree that from now on we accept who a government selects as Ambassador; I don't want to waste half the next meeting as well just trying to choose a representative.
Emunim

Postby jethro » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:47 pm

OOC: Yankees, your arguments are ridiculous. As I have patiently pointed out, from a procedural point of view you don't have a leg to stand on. By your twisted logic, YankeeHater could have independently proposed his own delegate for Lodamun, and then the Security Council would have had to vote on which delegate to seat while the proper, government-picked delegate would have been incapable of casting a vote in the matter. And this whole procedure would have been as invented and contrived as your current one is, without any precedent or rules for procedure lain out in the Charter. If such had been the case, would it have gone through, would you support it? Of course not, you would be ridiculing it for the absurdity it is, and pointing to the countless rules of procedure in your favor. Now that the opposite is the case and you are striving to throw the procedure of the UN Charter out the window to pursue blatant narrowly factionalistic goals, you are trying to assert your contrived procedure by fiat and shout down the voices pointing to the Charter. You are not dictator of this chamber, procedure must and will be followed, something you clearly have trouble understanding.
jethro

Postby Mr.Yankees » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:47 pm

George, you do not. That's what happens when you don't read the rules. You cannot participate in this thread unless you are the ambassador. Any communications go through the Secretary General (Darvian). The reason I am asserting control over these threads is because of you people and your mindless posting. George, you know I don't mind if you make a post as long as it is posted in the appropriate place. This isn't. I have never cared what people do here nor do I care unless it affects me directly.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby Mr.Yankees » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:54 pm

OOC: Dear jethro,

You still don't understand what's happening. This meeting is supposed to have occurred in 2740 when First was the ambassador to the UNT. Since you guys took over Hobrazia and I was a bit delayed in creating this thread, I was nice enough to allow your character to be introduced so you guys would have a voice. You were asked very nicely by Darvian and myself to not vote, so we (the members of the Council) could decide who to sit. It was all in your benefit and out of the goodness of our hearts. But once again, you guys couldn't stop.

Since this meeting is supposed to have started in 2740 (and we have to go with proper chronological RP here), your character is invalid and cannot participate. You guys brought this upon yourselves with you incessant posting and lack of listening skills.

Does that explain it?
Mr.Yankees

Postby GreekIdiot » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:56 pm

Mr.Yankees wrote:OOC: Dear jethro,

You still don't understand what's happening. This meeting is supposed to have occurred in 2740 when First was the ambassador to the UNT. Since you guys took over Hobrazia and I was a bit delayed in creating this thread, I was nice enough to allow your character to be introduced so you guys would have a voice. You were asked very nicely by Darvian and myself to not vote, so we (the members of the Council) could decide who to sit. It was all in your benefit and out of the goodness of our hearts. But once again, you guys couldn't stop.

Since this meeting is supposed to have started in 2740 (and we have to go with proper chronological RP here), your character is invalid and cannot participate. You guys brought this upon yourselves with you incessant posting and lack of listening skills.

Does that explain it?

Yes sir.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby jethro » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:58 pm

Mr.Yankees wrote:OOC: Dear jethro,

Since this meeting is supposed to have started in 2740 (and we have to go with proper chronological RP here), your character is invalid and cannot participate. You guys brought this upon yourselves for you incessant posting and not listening.

Does that explain it?

OOC: No, because then this meeting is seven years out of date and you cannot discuss anything of any relevance anymore. Since you clearly are keeping this tuned to the times than your pathetic little argument falls apart. Irregardless, it's perfectly possible that during the meeting the government chooses to change Ambassadors, which still remains an issue of national sovereignty. Therefore there still is no proper precedent or procedure to do what you are doing, and you cannot do it simply because you and Darvian declare you can do it. If you're sticking with your time-warp fantasy, than Neesam is getting kicked out and Fernandez is taking his seat. This is the UN, meetings do not last seven years, they meet frequently to discuss things of relevance that are occurring now. An argument of that caliber is simply sad.
jethro

Postby Mr.Yankees » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:07 pm

OOC: Jethro, you simply don't want to understand. I have tried to explain it to you in the simplest way possible. Well, it doesn't go your way all the time. I have yet to see any RP in Particracy that takes place in a timely manner. It's impossible given that the game clock goes by much quicker than the real world's. Your replacement took place in 2745, five years after this meeting, so he is not present at this meeting.

Yes, I agree with you that the voting on who to choose is not appropriate and I apologize for trying to help you guys out. I have truly made a mistake and I am sure as hell won't do it again.

We'll go with a new thread since this one is obviously of no use now. Jethro, I am sorry it doesn't always work on your favor but we have to go in chronological order as stated in the previous RP of the General Assembly meeting.

As stated above for everyone (this is for you Emunim), my quarantine started in February 1st, 2740. While the extension cannot be discussed in practical terms, I have already reduced the size of the zone to its original level. In the second meeting, we can properly discuss this.
Mr.Yankees

Postby Mr.Yankees » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:08 pm

Oh, and Jethro, I know how the UN works very well.
Mr.Yankees

Postby jethro » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:12 pm

Mr.Yankees wrote:Oh, and Jethro, I know how the UN works very well.

Most people edit a petty little spite statement like that into their previous post rather than make a second one. Sane, decent people.
You're one of those pockmarked little basement-bound freaks all gaga for Dungeons and Dragons aren't you, emerging to the light of day only for an occasional faggy-ass LARP? You're the weird little kid nobody likes to hang out with, am I right? I'm right, aren't I?

(Fifty rubles says I get a pouty-cheek answer along the lines of "No I'm NOT! Jethro you're mean... well suck it!")
jethro

Postby GreekIdiot » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:16 pm

jethro wrote:(Fifty rubles says I get a pouty-cheek answer along the lines of "No I'm NOT! Jethro you're mean... well suck it!")

I think you'll get something like: "Stop posting OOC comments here. Is that understood?"
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

PreviousNext

Return to Diplomacy