UNT Security Council Meeting

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

UNT Security Council Meeting

Postby Mr.Yankees » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:10 am

"The first meeting of the Security Council is now in session. The following members of the Security Council are free to discuss any issues currently affecting the peace ans stability of Terra.

The members of the Security Council are:

Pontesian Dynastic Empire
Republic of Cobura
Darnussian Democratic Republic
Federation of Zardugal
Kafuristan, Terran Caliphate
Republic of Kirlawa
Commonwealth of Rutania
Trigunskaya Respublika
Democratic Republic of Aloria
People's Democratic Republic of Barmenia
Valruzian Federation-Permanent Member
Al'Badara, Terran Caliphate-Permanent Member
Hobrazian Imperium-Permanent Member
Archduchy of Vorona-Permanent Member
United Republics of Lodamun-Permanent Member

Please allow for debate to occur on any motions you bring forward. Bring one motion at a time.

The floor is now open to discussion.

Thank you."

Elizabeth Kynes
Minister of Foreign Affairs
United Republics of Lodamun
Last edited by Mr.Yankees on Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Re: UNT Security Council Meeting 2746

Postby rep » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:42 pm

There are many issues which are of our concern, however I firmly believe that the most urging topic is the problem of Hobrazia. According to my and my government's view the following questions must be answered by the Security Council:
1. Can the new Hobrazian goverment and Emperor considered to be commited to the values of democracy and freedom?
2. Does the Hobrazian government respect the individual rights of the citizens?
3. What are the justifications for introducing police-state measures in Hobrazia?
4. What kind of measures can be implemented by the United Nations of Terra? What kind of sanctions?

As previously stated Rutania is a hard-liner in this issue, but the moderation of our colleges is beneficial as well. Together with the question of Hobrazia, we should also discuss the broader issue of Nova Terra.

Provided that Rutania decided not to recognize the new authorities of Hobrazia, we will not participate in direct discussions with the Confederacy of Social Darwinists, the Liga Saicerista and the Partido Popular.

Veronica Mayday,
Official Representative of Rutania
"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it." (Winston Churchill)
rep

Postby Sam » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:51 pm

Senhor Jorge Fernandes, Ambassador to the UNT:
"The reason for the current measures is to combat terrorists. Lodamun has been doing the same thing."
"The FSB finally caught him for talking shit about replacing Putin with this "Saiser" character. I'm guessing they're up to his seventh toenail by now."
- Dynastia on jethro
Sam

Postby rep » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:44 pm

Yes, and the Security Concil should take care of such propaganda phrases as this, or others appearing in the Nova Terra media. Rutania does not accept this answer.
Last edited by rep on Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby Xanathos » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:50 pm

"It is obvious that Hobrazia has been taken over by terrorists. We suggest severe sanctions similar to the ones already imposed by the Luthori EMpire."

-Lord John Rahnnigan
Prime Minister of Luthori
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby GreekIdiot » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:54 pm

We wonder, as you being a peacekeeping and democratic council, if you would accept a humble letter from a representative of the GPO, another peacekeeping organization.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Emunim » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:31 pm

"Coming from a country also being forced to deal with the scourge of terrorism, we take the view that those seeking harsh methods designed to cripple the Hobrazian government do not understand the nature of the problem. Harsh sanctions can only force the government to impose further restrictions on civil liberties, in order to maintain law and order on reduced resources. While we could see the case for measures to provide incentive for Hobrazia to lift some of its more restrictive laws, we believe that trade embargos and diplomatic sanctions would ultimately be used by some nations to try and topple the government and subvert democracy."

Selim Haiysrmko
UNT Ambassador for Barmenia
Emunim

Postby rep » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:57 pm

Does the honourable Ambassador of Barmenia think that the trade embargo will harm the government? No, it will harm the people who will remain without their freedom and withot basic products.

Oh, and did the Representatives of the 15 nations see the latest news in the "Terra's Dawn". Do you think that those military equipments are produced for every-day use in the kitchen?

Veronica Mayday,
Rutania
rep

Postby Emunim » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:22 pm

"The Rutanian representative is correct, a trade embargo would also harm the people of Hobrazia, and that is another good reason that a trade embargo is not the correct response.

A military build up we see as only a logical reponse from a government which is not only having to deal with internal terrorism, but is being threatened, refused recognition and condemned by nations across the globe. Perhaps if moves were made to work with the Hobrazian government, rather than against it, they would not feel such radical build-ups are a necessity."

Selim Haiysrmko
UNT Ambassador for Barmenia
Emunim

Postby Sam » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:23 pm

Could any of the members of the Security Council please produce evidence of these actions Hobrazia is accused of?
"The FSB finally caught him for talking shit about replacing Putin with this "Saiser" character. I'm guessing they're up to his seventh toenail by now."
- Dynastia on jethro
Sam

Next

Return to Diplomacy