UNT Security Council Meeting 2740

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

UNT Security Council Meeting 2740

Postby Mr.Yankees » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:16 pm

"The first meeting of the Security Council is now in session. The following members of the Security Council are free to discuss any issues currently affecting the peace ans stability of Terra.

The members of the Security Council are:

Pontesian Dynastic Empire
Republic of Cobura
Darnussian Democratic Republic
Federation of Zardugal
Kafuristan, Terran Caliphate
Republic of Kirlawa
Commonwealth of Rutania
Trigunskaya Respublika
Democratic Republic of Aloria
People's Democratic Republic of Barmenia
Valruzian Federation-Permanent Member
Al'Badara, Terran Caliphate-Permanent Member
Hobrazian Imperium-Permanent Member
Archduchy of Vorona-Permanent Member
United Republics of Lodamun-Permanent Member

Please allow for debate to occur on any motions you bring forward. Bring one motion at a time.

The floor is now open to discussion.

Thank you."

Elizabeth Kynes
Minister of Foreign Affairs
United Republics of Lodamun

OOC: I sincerely apologize for those who have already posted tons of stuff in the previous thread but this had to done in order to maintain a clear understanding of what's going on. Let me remind you, as this caused severe confusion in the previous thread, that we are in the year 2740, one day after the General Assembly Meeting. For the sake of proper RP, we must follow the proper chronological order. Again, I apologize.

Members who have already posted in the other thread, feel free to copy and paste the statements you made at your own discretion.

Announcement for everyone: Unless you are a member of the Security Council and that is, if you are the ambassador from your country, you cannot post here. Your transmission should go directly to the Secretary General, who will, in turn, transmit it to us of he thinks it is necessary. Representatives from non-member countries (Foreign Affairs Ministers, Head of States, etc.), you can post here only if you are bringing up an issue to the Security Council or you are explicitly allowed to comment by the Security Council. It is recommended that if you are bringing up an issue to the Security Council, you submit it to the Secretary General first. That will make the process much faster and less complicated for all of us. And, yes, all of this is in the charter. Feel free to read it.

I appreciate your cooperation.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Re: UNT Security Council Meeting 2740

Postby Mr.Yankees » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:55 pm

"Lodamun would like to bring up the issue of Nova Terra and its sponsored terrorism.

Thank you."

Elizabeth Kynes
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador to the UNT
Mr.Yankees

Postby Sam » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:02 pm

OOC: What terrorism? I don't recall us doing any terrorism in 2740 or earlier.
"The FSB finally caught him for talking shit about replacing Putin with this "Saiser" character. I'm guessing they're up to his seventh toenail by now."
- Dynastia on jethro
Sam

Postby jethro » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:15 pm

Sam wrote:OOC: What terrorism? I don't recall us doing any terrorism in 2740 or earlier.

Leave this alone. If Yankees wants to have a time-warped meeting that's his business.
jethro

Postby Emunim » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:58 pm

OOC: I'm assuming this is referencing the attacks on the UNT building. Since that is supposed to have happened before the UNTs opening, it would be chronologically correct, even though it was posted later in terms of game time.

IC:"The attacks on the UNT buildings are indeed a worrying event, however I must say we have yet to see firm evidence that Nova Terra was responsible. It was my understanding that they have denied and condemned the attacks. If there are other incidents of confirmed Nova Terra sponsorship of terrorism we invite other Ambassadors to make us aware of them.

Barmenia would like to raise the issue of violations of the Laws of the Sea, specifically the Lodamese Quarantine Zone and the Pontesian Blockade of the Migrants Pass. We would also like to gauge members opinion on creating a more comprehensive Laws of the Sea treaty, one which would explicitly guarantee freedom of the high seas, and define actions the UNT Security Council could take to punish violators."

Selim Haiysrmko
UNT Ambassador for Barmenia
Emunim

Postby Mr.Yankees » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:36 pm

OOC: And the Varyag incident, which occurred on March 2740.

IC: "My colleagues, there is no doubt that Nova Terra is behind these acts of atrocity. Nova Loda, it's affiliate in Lodamun, has taken responsibility for the acts of terrorism and have clearly stated their affiliation with Nova Terra.

Aside from the cruel terrorist attacks on the UNT building, they have also attacked one of our ships, the URLS Andalay. The attacking vessel, the Varyag, was sailing under the Nova Terran flag when it opened fire against our ship. That is irrefutable evidence that Nova Terra seeks to destroy our society and cause harm to all of our citizens.

Lodamun encourages severe sanctions against this terrorist organization.

Thank you."

Elizabeth Kynes
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador to the UNT
Mr.Yankees

Postby YankeeHater » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:53 pm

Isn't the Varyag incident old enough? Why doesn't the UN discuss something happening now AKA the illegal Lodamese blockade of international waters rather than discussing 17 year old issues?
YankeeHater

Postby Emunim » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:10 pm

"We have heard several conflicting of the Varyag Incident. Taking on good faith Lodamons version as the correct one, we still do not accept that a Lodamese ship being fired upon after it attempted to stop and board a ship travelling through international waters constitutes 'sponsorship of terrorism', or infers in any way the existance of a Nova Terran plot to destroy society. While we can be thankful no lives were lost in this incident, Lodamon should be advised harassing ships in international waters will lead to fatalities, and those deaths will be the responsibility of Lodamon, not Nova Terra."

Selim Haiysrmko
UNT Ambassador for Barmenia
Emunim

Postby Mr.Yankees » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:34 pm

"I beg your pardon!

You are accusing us of being the aggressors when we have clearly only tried to defend ourselves against the mass murderers from Nova Terra. We are fired upon and we are the aggressors. We have buildings being blown up and we are the aggressors. Our people died in the streets and we are the aggressors.

We have offered irrefutable evidence of the attacks perpetrated against Lodamun. Barmenia appears not to see it or take it into consideration. Our actions are legal. We are highly skeptical of this position taken by your country."

Elizabeth Kynes
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Mr.Yankees

Postby Corp » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:46 pm

The Director of Public Relations of the Sovremennye Korporacija Vorona, Konstantin Alexandrov, had been observing the meeting from a position nearby his nation's representative, Christa Baggesen. The man had hopes of succeeding Mrs. Bagesen at one point in time, so he had volunteered himself to ber aid for this first meeting on the UNT Security Council. Naturally, he was not in a position to speak at the meeting, so he had been keeping his comments to himself. But now he felt the need to express his opinion.

"Mrs. Baggesen, if possible, I would like to request that you pose this question to the Council. If Nova Loda had claimed to be an affiliate of the Axis, would that make it so? Nova Terra has not admitted to any affiliation with Nova Loda, therefore unless the answer to such a question is yes, then there is no concrete evidence with which to persecute the Nova Terrans on the attacks."

OOC: I'm taking a few liberties to put my character in here, if you have any qualms with how I decided to do so, please feel free to address them to me via PM.
Corp

Next

Return to Diplomacy