UNT Security Council Meeting 2740

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: UNT Security Council Meeting 2740

Postby Mr.Yankees » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:47 am

Rumbold90 wrote:OOC: I'm confused. What was wrong with the other thread? I had a nice storyline going. It had everything: food, international poltics, loud speeches, and old age!

But really folks? A thread about something that happend 7 IG years ago? I can't even remember what happend when!

OOC: Some people decided to clot it up with their OOC comments and just became hostile (No need to reply by the people in question). It would have been impossible to continue with a proper sense of what was going on.

I realize that it is kind of difficult to remember but at the end, we would have talked about the same exact things as we are now. Let's just finish this discussion and then, we can move on.

Of course, if we get a consensus from the majority of those players participating, we can call this one and say that nothing concrete happened besides discussion. That's an alternative to consider.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby rep » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:03 am

Ms. Mayday just recieved a message from Port Nelson, from President Lord Klausenburg, who was observing the meeting from home. Ms. Mayday read the short paper and nodded. Than she stood up:

"Ladies and Gentlemen,
I would like to ask a favour from this honourable body. The arguments of both sides are convincing and hsve their own logic. Provided that hte UNT is composed of nation with friendly attitude towards each other, I think we should make an agreement. It would be ideal to reach a compromise, advantageous for everybody. Quarelling on this quaranitine does not make us united. And we should be united if we want to handle serious issues. Thus, I ask the government of Lodamun to alter its stance and every other state to do the same way. We should arrive to a consensus rapidly to cope with more srious issue, but merely arguing would not lead anywhere. Some actions bust be done by both sides to show good-faith and reliability. The UNT has a great potential, so we should use this pontential to serve our planet. This is our reposnsibility, and we must always keep in our minds. The lack of act will make every future problem or tragedy our responsibility and guilt.
Thank you!
"

The Representative of Rutania sat back in her chair an took a deep breath.
"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it." (Winston Churchill)
rep

Postby rep » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:50 pm

I am extremely happy because Lodamun proved its comitment to the interests of Terra. We always knew this but this act of creating a free passage zone through the quarantine definitely proves this. I hope every nation takes this as a sign of good faith. I hope now we can take on our agenda more severe issues: Nova Terra.

Veronica Mayday,
Rutania
"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it." (Winston Churchill)
rep

Postby Mr.Yankees » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:30 pm

"We thank the representative from Rutania for her kind words and we renew our calls for unity and diplomacy. We must fight the true problems affecting Terra namely Nova Terra and terrorism.

Thank you."

Elizabeth Kynes
Minister of Foreign Affairs
United Republics of Lodamun

OOC: Technically, the pathways have not yet been created. I know this is a madly confusing and I apologize. If there is not much activity here, I will call the meeting and set up a new one that is current.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby Freelancer » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:41 pm

Pontesian delegate rose from his seat and speak clearly and loudly to the council in response to a matter bring forward by Barmenia delegate.

"Our blockaded of Migrant's Pass is done as a response to Beiteynu violation of human right and their blockaded of the Kingdom of Yishelem, we have limited our blockaded to international and Pontesian waters and have not take any actions aganist any other nations ship. It is our hope that Beiteynu will end their aggression aganist Yishelem and recognize minority as part of their land.

With regard to Nova Loda and it's terrorist action aganist UNT and Lodamun, we agreed that Nova Loda should be declared as a terrorist organization and that each and every nations should united to destroy this threat from Terra. However, we also believe that Nova Terra had made clear of it's status that they have no connection with Nova Loda and we believe that it is ridiculous to label one organization from another unconnected organization action."

Mr. Beck then turn off his microphone and turn to his assistant and ask her to attend the Conference of the Free World on his behalf and on the way out to ask for some coffee for himself.
Freelancer

Postby admtrap » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:51 pm

Elric grumbled, the mention of Migrant's Pass rousing him from his half-nap.

"So Nova Lodi has nothing to do with Nova Terra? Isn't that a bit like saying that Diet Seko-Cola has nothing whatsoever to do with Seko-Cola? Yes, we should examine claims of association, and not simply take them at face value. But the examination should consist of examining whether the goals of the respective groups are similar and compatible, and whether the means taken to achieve those goals are consistent across those groups. We know from Nova Terra's own propaganda what their ultimate goal is; the subjugation of the free nations of Terra. We also know that Nova Terra encourages the assassination of foreign leaders hostile to their goal. Nova Loda sought the overthrow of the Lodamunese government; consistent with and compatible with Nova Terra's overall goal. It engaged in actual violence, not far from Nova Terra's mere advocacy of violence. I think it would be fair to tie the two groups together, even if Nova Lodi had called themselves the Homosexual Hippopotamus Hegemony."

Elric took a sip from his Diet Seko-Cola

"As for Yishelem, it seems to me that that is a matter of diplomacy between the Holy Luthori Empire and the Jewish Homeland of Beiteynu to determine. I am not aware of the current status of that territory, but it would be Darnussia's hope that two of its friends could come to an amicable settlement on the issue, as reasonable people do, with neither need nor threat of violence."
admtrap

Postby Opakidabar » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:43 pm

admtrap wrote:Elric grumbled, the mention of Migrant's Pass rousing him from his half-nap.

"So Nova Lodi has nothing to do with Nova Terra? Isn't that a bit like saying that Diet Seko-Cola has nothing whatsoever to do with Seko-Cola? Yes, we should examine claims of association, and not simply take them at face value. But the examination should consist of examining whether the goals of the respective groups are similar and compatible, and whether the means taken to achieve those goals are consistent across those groups. We know from Nova Terra's own propaganda what their ultimate goal is; the subjugation of the free nations of Terra. We also know that Nova Terra encourages the assassination of foreign leaders hostile to their goal. Nova Loda sought the overthrow of the Lodamunese government; consistent with and compatible with Nova Terra's overall goal. It engaged in actual violence, not far from Nova Terra's mere advocacy of violence. I think it would be fair to tie the two groups together, even if Nova Lodi had called themselves the Homosexual Hippopotamus Hegemony."

Elric took a sip from his Diet Seko-Cola

"As for Yishelem, it seems to me that that is a matter of diplomacy between the Holy Luthori Empire and the Jewish Homeland of Beiteynu to determine. I am not aware of the current status of that territory, but it would be Darnussia's hope that two of its friends could come to an amicable settlement on the issue, as reasonable people do, with neither need nor threat of violence."

ooc: sorry for ooc posting, but I enjoyed reading this one.
Opakidabar

Postby Darvian » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:33 pm

OOC: Edited out as it serves zero purpose.
Last edited by Darvian on Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darvian

Postby AngryMollusc » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:54 pm

admtrap wrote:Elric grumbled, the mention of Migrant's Pass rousing him from his half-nap.

What about if they had called themselves the "Liberal Party"? The so-called Liberal Party employ classic anti-democratic measures to prevent free elections in Lodamun and have demonstrated an uncompromisingly hawkish international stance: tactics not un-reminscent of Nova Terra's own glorification of dictatorship and violence.

By your logic, it would appear Nova Terra is engaged in something of a civil war...

As for Pontesi and Beitnyu, we cannot pretend to give a damn. If the Jews and Christians choose to tear themselves apart and grant us a Yishelem free of heathens, so much the better.

-Mirza Sa'id Al-Kalil
AngryMollusc

Postby admtrap » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:49 am

"If certain members of this body are convinced that the Lodamunese Liberal Party is secretly a sect of Nova Terra, then they are entitled to that opinion. Accusations of a lack of democracy within Lodamun may or may not be well founded, but in either respect Lodamun does not seem to me, qualitatively, to be run like the former NWO nations, nor like the current crisis in Hobrazia. I've served as a diplomat in many different posts, and I can say this without equivocation or doubt; There is an enormous qualitative difference between nations in the feel of nations under Saiserist influence and those that are not; a gap far greater than the ones between, say, GPO nations, NATO nations, Axis nations, and non-aligned nations. Nevertheless, if the honorable gentleman feels strongly that Lodamun's situation is meritorious of further consideration by this body, I would urge the gentleman to ask that it be placed on the agenda for the next meeting, so that it may gain the attention the gentleman may feel it deserves."
admtrap

PreviousNext

Return to Diplomacy