UNT Security Council Meeting April 2747

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

UNT Security Council Meeting April 2747

Postby Mr.Yankees » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:57 pm

"This meeting of the Security Council is now in session. The following members of the Security Council are free to discuss any issues currently affecting the peace ans stability of Terra.

The members of the Security Council are:

Pontesian Dynastic Empire
Republic of Cobura
Darnussian Democratic Republic
Federation of Zardugal
Kafuristan, Terran Caliphate
Republic of Kirlawa
Commonwealth of Rutania
Trigunskaya Respublika
Democratic Republic of Aloria
People's Democratic Republic of Barmenia
Valruzian Federation-Permanent Member
Al'Badara, Terran Caliphate-Permanent Member
Hobrazian Imperium-Permanent Member
Archduchy of Vorona-Permanent Member
United Republics of Lodamun-Permanent Member

Please allow for debate to occur on any motions you bring forward. Bring one motion at a time.

The floor is now open to discussion and the items in the agenda may be discussed. As always, please allow for discussion on one single issue to occur before presenting ANY other issue or concern unrelated to the subject at hand.

Thank you."

Elizabeth Kynes
Minister of Foreign Affairs
United Republics of Lodamun

OOC:
Announcement for everyone: Same rules as before apply. This is done in order to preserve the integrity of this meeting. Unless you are a member of the Security Council and that is, if you are the ambassador from your country, you cannot post here. Your transmission should go directly to the Secretary General, who will, in turn, transmit it to us of he thinks it is necessary. Representatives from non-member countries (Foreign Affairs Ministers, Head of States, etc.), you can post here only if you are bringing up an issue to the Security Council or you are explicitly allowed to comment by the Security Council. It is recommended that if you are bringing up an issue to the Security Council, you submit it to the Secretary General first. If the issue is of grave importance, you may bring it up straight to the Security Council. Exercise your best judgment. That will make the process much faster and less complicated for all of us. And, yes, all of this is in the charter. Feel free to read it. Members, please try to limit your OOC posting as much as possible. Non-members, please refrain from OOC posting unless it is critical (life or death) to do so.

I appreciate your cooperation.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Re: UNT Security Council Meeting April 2747

Postby Rumbold90 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:35 am

It was the first time Ambassador Christa Baggesen had ever been to Lodamun, but she loved it. The people were kind and helpful, and were always patient when she tripped her English. However, when she entered the United Nations building, she recieved the feeling of seriousness and solmenity. She walked through security, where she was pulled aside for carrying a metal cross. After the holdup, she took her seat in the massive General Assembly Room, where the Security Council would meet for their meeting.

"Hans, will you please bring me the headphones? Also, please tell the translator to be on stand-by. I may need him." she said to her aide.

"Of course ma'am. Would you like anything to eat or drink?"

"Hmm. I'll have a mineral water and a potato cream soup, if they have them here. Oh, and please don't forget a piece of baguette. Thank you, Hans."

"Affirmative ma'am. I'll see that you recieve your lunch no later then 1:45."

Hans left, but his voice could still be heard shouting various phrases in Doron and Dundorfian.

"I wonder if the Archduke will be coming like he said he would. It would be an honor to sit with him." she thought to herself. Just as she thought these things, the Archduke himself walked into the General Assembly. She walked over to him and did a slight head bow. They walked over to the seats of the Voronan Delegation, and awaited the start of the anticipated first meeting of the United Nations of Terra.
United Worker's Front
Mordusia
Rumbold90

Postby Sam » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:54 am

Hobrazia condemns Lodamun for their acts of terrorism against the government of Hobrazia. We move for a vote to condemn Lodamun for carrying out these terrorist acts.
"The FSB finally caught him for talking shit about replacing Putin with this "Saiser" character. I'm guessing they're up to his seventh toenail by now."
- Dynastia on jethro
Sam

Postby Rumbold90 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:50 am

Christa Baggesen and the Archduke were sitting patiently at their seats, when a man who introduced himself a one of the Lodamunese aides, and told them that the Security Council was in a different room. Annoyed that they had not been told sooner, they walked over to the room where the already begun meeting was being held. They quietly slipped into their seats and watched as several ambassadors argued amongst themselves. Finally, the Hobrazian ambassador proposed that the government of Lodamun be punished for their acts of terrorism against Hobrazia.

Ambassador Baggesen stood up.

"Assembled Ambassadors of the Security Council: I implore you to not fall to the petty arguments of factionilism. Nevertheless, the government of Vorona would like to hear some proof that supports the honorable Hobrazian ambassador's claims against the government of Lodamun. Secondly, I propose an idependent and unbaised commission to investiage the undemocratic actions by the Liberal Party in the United Republics of Lodamun. Lastly, I'm hungry, so after this meeting is finished, how about we all go out to dinner?

The Ambassador sat down, and Hans handed her the potato cream soup, minteral water and bread. Loud slurping noises could be heard throughout the room. Several ambassadors looked backed in disgust.

"I'm sorry, but it's my favorite!" the ambassador replied.
United Worker's Front
Mordusia
Rumbold90

Postby admtrap » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:57 am

"What is this, the school cafeteria?", Hans wondered to himself, as the Voronan Ambassador apparently enjoyed his evening meal.

"I will second the honorable Ambassador from Vorona's motion regarding Lodamun's internal political issues. Further, I move that a similar, independent and unbiased commission be established to investigate the Hobrazian... gentleman's... claim regarding terrorism in his nation, and that the question of condemnation be deferred until we hear the report from that commission. Thirdly, I move for an independent and unbiased commission to be established to examine whether the current... government of Hobrazia is lawful. And fourthly, I would remind the delegates that, as both the United Republics of Lodamun and the... Hobrazian government.. hold veto power over resolutions of the Security Council, and therefore would ask that all three commissions report directly to the General Assembly."
admtrap

Postby rep » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:22 am

I cannot act otherwise as the two honourable Ambassadors did previous to my intervention. Rutania also urges the creation of an independent UNT commission to investigate the Hobrazian problem, especially because at the moment my government believes that the accusations brought forth by the Hobrazian representative are merely destined to change our focus from a serious issue. It would be characteristic if the terrorist attack would have been put to the scene by the Hobrazian government (??) itself.

Veronica Mayday,
Official Representative of Rutania
"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it." (Winston Churchill)
rep

Postby bucsfan47 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:37 am

Bruce Kent, the Ambassador from Zardugal, took a sip of his Iced Tea, cleared his throat and stood slowly and deliberately, he straightened his tie and gave the other ambassadors a chance to quiet down before he began.

"My fellow Ambassadors,The Hobrazian questions and the accusations brought against Lodamun are all extremely important issues. Obviously or they would not be brought before us today. Many of you have called for independent and unbiased commissions to investigate these matters, I humbly request to be apart of one or all of these commissions as I feel that i would be able to maintain neutrality and levelheadedness no matter what task is put before me.

Thank You

Kent humbly bowed and then returned to his seat and whispered something to one of his assistants who quietly exited the room after hearing what Kent had to say
Utinam barbari spatium proprium tuum invadant!
bucsfan47

Postby Mr.Yankees » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:25 am

The accusations presented here today could not be more unjustified. As we have stated before, we are not responsible for the actions we believe the government of Hobrazia did to its own country. We have substantial evidence to do so and we will support the creation of a commission to investigate it.

The accusations against our political system are preposterous to say the least. Our citizens enjoy one of the most democratic systems in Terra. All elections are more than fair and legal. Our country does not oppress, persecute, or shut down the opposition in any way. Calling our system questionable because one party holds the majority is absurd. Yes, the Liberal Party holds a large majority in the legislature but that's the will of the people. Is that illegal, is that undemocratic? No, it is not. The fact of the matter is that one party will always hold the majority. We can not go out there and question the legality of elections just because one party is very successful. Have you stopped to think that the Liberal Party has that large of a majority because the citizens of Lodamun agree with their policies and they way they manage the government? I don't think you have.

The fact of the matter is that our citizens enjoy great civil liberties and freedoms that not too many other countries give to their citizens. We do not persecute, torture, kill, or sanction our opposition. In fact, we encourage our citizens to raise their opinions. After all, if their problems are known, they have a better chance of being solved.

This Council is clearly failing to see the tactics used by the government of Hobrazia. They want to deviate our attention from the real dangers: Nova Terra and their own actions.

However, Lodamun will agree to the creation of an independent commission to investigate its electoral system and its civil rights record. We have nothing to hide. We will also agree and support the creation of a commission to investigate the aforementioned subjects in Hobrazia as well as another commission to investigate the supposed terrorist attack on Hobrazia.

We will also like to point out that all the commissions we create will report directly to us and we will not agree to create commissions reporting any other section of this organization other than the Security Council. In order to create this commissions, we must pass a resolution authorizing the creation of them, their purpose, who will be the members, and the deadline for reporting. Such resolutions will follow the same rules as any other resolutions. A total of eight votes out of fifteen along with the concurrent votes of the permanent members (no announcement of vote will be considered abstention) is necessary for the passing of the resolutions.

I recommend passing separate resolutions for each commission created.

*Clearly unhappy about the criticism against Lodamun, Ms. Elizabeth Kynes turned off her microphone*
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby Sam » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:14 pm

Hobrazia would support the creation of a commission to investigate.
"The FSB finally caught him for talking shit about replacing Putin with this "Saiser" character. I'm guessing they're up to his seventh toenail by now."
- Dynastia on jethro
Sam

Postby rep » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:10 pm

Before the formation of the special committes Rutania would like to mention a formal problem of utmost importance. I am very concerned about the absence of Secretary General Thamion. I would like to ask the Him to return to the workings of the UNT. All states appretiate His activity and His venerable personality. His presence is extremely beneficial for the funcitioning of the UNT and guarantees the true and just character of our work.

Veronica Mayday
Rutania
"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it." (Winston Churchill)
rep

Next

Return to Diplomacy