Terran Empire Conference

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Terran Empire Conference

Postby Duke Matthus » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:35 pm

First Draft:
http://classic.particracy.net/viewtreat ... atyid=1588

Is the first draft of the final Union that I have been working on for the past few years.

The Governemnt I have invisioned can be veiwed here:
http://imperialterranempire.forumcircle.com/portal.php

All parties of the following nations are invited to debate the parts of this treaty:
Alduria
Luthori
Yishelem
Mordusia
Colonies/Vassal States of all of them.
Long Live the Empire!!!!
And while we are at it, "Hail the Holy Britannian Empire!!!!!"
Duke Matthus

Re: Terran Empire Conference

Postby Duke Matthus » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:41 pm

First debate is to be on the Imperial Court and the Imperial Government:

Imperial Court:
-Monarch
-Imperial Family
-Imperial Nobles

Imperial Government:
1) The Terran Imperial Parliament Offices
-The Office of the Prime Minister
(The head of governmental affairs for the Terran Empire.)
-The Office of the Lord Grand Field Marshal
(The head of all military affairs in the Terran Empire.)
2) The Imperial Terran Parliament Topics Posts Last Post
- Council of Viceroys, Executive Heads, and Heads of Government
(The upper body of the Legislature. Made up of all the Viceroys, Executive Branch Heads, and the Heads of Government of all member States.)
-General Assembly of the Terran Empire
(The lower body of the Legislature. Made up of all political parties in the member States.)
3) The Terran High Court
(What do you think it means: lol: )

Our Proposal:
The Imperial Court is pretty straight forward.
With the Monarch being an area where we can have a personal meeting with the monarch, and other such activates.
The Imperial Family is the same thing, just with the family. Will also be where we can keep track of the family and have names proposed for the children.
The Imperial Nobles is to allow us to finally make the noble Houses, so we can keep track of all the families that have titles.

The Imperial Government is also pretty easy to understand.
Each party in the nations that are a part of it gets one vote and are members of the General Assembly.
However, if you are a party that controls either a Viceroy, Executive Branch position (Alduria), or the HoG, then you are also a member of the upper chamber, and thus get another vote. Now this does mean that if one party controls the Viceroy and the HoG, that he would have 3 votes, but since he has such high positions it should be fair.
There are two offices, at the moment that I have proposed to exist in the Imperial Government, the Office of the Prime Minister and the Office of the Lord Grand Marshal.
These two are basically summed up very well above. The PM will be elected from the General Assembly every two weeks or every month, which ever is decided. The Lord Marshal is chosen from the members states, and is rotated. In other words, the first time it could be Luthori, but then after that it must go through the entire member nations again before it can be Luthori. The Monarch is still Commander in Chief, but the Marshal will be the commander of the Military during the campaigns and when not at war. The General Assembly must approve of the appointment, if they can not come to a conclusion then the Council will vote and they should be able to decide.

The Terran High Court is for legal cases that deal with laws passed by the Imperial Government. They do not deal with any laws on the national level.

Imperial Laws can be things in the game, which all member states must follow, however this is not encouraged, for all member states should rule themselves for the most part, with the Imperial Government being something in the Form of the UN or EU, with the right to declare War and manage the economy to some extent.

Finally the Colonies are to be administrated by the Imperial Government, with the positions in them rotating in the nations. So for example, the Viceroy of New Alduria iscould be an Aldurian party, while the HoG is to be a Yishelem party. Then it would go to Mordusia and Luthori.

This way we all have turns controling different colonies but all serveing under the same government.

Are there any objections or question to this plan?
Long Live the Empire!!!!
Duke Matthus

Postby Khaler » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:09 pm

It sure is interesting idea and Yishelem is interested in taking part of this. We just have to make sure it will not become a slow, messy giant that can't act on anything.
Be on your OLD GUARD, stand firm in the faith!
-1 Selucians 16:13
Khaler

Location: Great Democratic Republic of Khaleristan, a member of the caring and loving Russian Federation!

Postby Duke Matthus » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:20 am

For the most part nations will rule themselves, unless a Law is passed that forces a certain thing to be done.

Lets just say, that we wanted mandatory conscripts in our Imperial Army. Now while the military that is stationed in that nation is maintained, which have to meet the standards, by that nation, the Imperial Government could pass a law telling them that the mandatory conscripts must be a law.

While this is unlikely to happen on anything other than military, it could still happen. Pretty much the only big thing that this will tell the nations what to do is international relations (Treaties and international RP). After that it really does not have that much of a role, other than for us all to communicate and be united a little more.

Yes this does mean we must all have the same treaties, but cooperation and understanding will lead us.
Long Live the Empire!!!!
Duke Matthus

Postby Xanathos » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:05 pm

OOC: Mostly a sign that I've seen this thread and will comment as soon as possible.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby Gracious » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:57 pm

OOC: I will be taking charge of Empress Grace of Mordusia. She is my character.
IC: The Imperial Kingdom of Mordusia is willing to negotiate in the creation of a Terran Empire. We resist having a foreign entity control our military for any purpose, but we would be interested in a peace keeping force that would defend current colonies.
We request that all nations in this conference recognize that New Mordusia belongs to the people of Mordusia. :)
Gracious

Postby Duke Matthus » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:27 am

One that is not OOC

Two we do not support the false Empress and we do not recognize your claim. Mordusia is in a state of Rebellion and the rightful government parties, not the rebel parties may attend this meeting.

Three, Mordusia's colonies belong to the crown and because so shall be sent to Luthori administration until Mordusia is brought back under the fold of the Emperor and his Empire and not this false dictatorship of yours.

Answer from the Imperial Court:

We will not bow down before those that question the Emperor, this false Empress will burn in the pits of hell for her crime of treason against the Emperor and his Empire.
Long Live the Empire!!!!
Duke Matthus

Postby Gracious » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:04 am

IC: My claim to the throne of Mordusia is just as legit as that of William IV who rulled for only a few years before he was dethroned. In the last election, the Emperor was soundly defeated by the people as pro-Luthori party only acheived 15% of the vote. Since my rise to the throne, the pro-Luthori party has not declared the state in a state of rebellion, but even if he did it would be short lived. The pro-Luthori Party will not be allowed to negotiate for Mordusia nor will we allow Luthori authorities to dictate the terms of our colonies. If this isn't respected by the parties in this conference we shall withdraw.

Empress Grace I of Mordusia

Gracious

Postby GreekIdiot » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:01 am

OOC: In light of the recent actions conducted by Duke Matthus, and after the official warning, we will allow this roleplay to continue only within game rules and plausible boundaries as defined by game rules themselves. Violation of the above will result in immediate actions.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Duke Matthus » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:57 pm

GreekIdiot wrote:OOC: In light of the recent actions conducted by Duke Matthus, and after the official warning, we will allow this roleplay to continue only within game rules and plausible boundaries as defined by game rules themselves. Violation of the above will result in immediate actions.

I have not broken any damn rules George. I am stating facts. The colonies belong to the Crown and by the Commonwealth treaty can change between the crown governments. Mordusia is held in personal Union by William, its colonies belong and answer to William. Instead of them being protected by Mordusia, they are now protected by Luthori. I have not moved them, I have not touched a damn character, and in fact I have not even asked Luthori to send in troops. All I have done is used the Imperial Mandate power to issue a decree, one that is IC and not OOC. So tell me where in the damn hell have I broken a rule. This is RP, and a game not the real world.

I have done nothing, and can do nothing about it, but issue that decree. Now how in gods name is that agianst the rules. Am I being told that I can not RP issueing a decree by a character that I control and onto a colony that belongs to him? This is a rebellion and that is it, an RP event.

So really, explain to me, by mail please so we do not take up room here, how in gods name RPing is agianst the rules.
Long Live the Empire!!!!
Duke Matthus

Next

Return to Diplomacy