Terran Empire Conference

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: Terran Empire Conference

Postby Duke Matthus » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:59 pm

William is the son of the last Crown Prince to the throne, you are nothing more than a rebel who will be dealt with. The IML does not recognizes your claim and thus you are considered a dictator in the eyes of Terra, since the IML is the one that grants whether or not you are a monarch or not.

The colonies belong to his Majesty and he will protect them from falling into the hands of rebels. You can not withdraw since you sir were never invited to begin with, only the rightful government of Mordusia, that of William may be present here.
Long Live the Empire!!!!
And while we are at it, "Hail the Holy Britannian Empire!!!!!"
Duke Matthus

Postby Duke Matthus » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:39 pm

Laws: (Also includes treaties)

Basically, as was stated before the main laws that the Imperial government will deal with is International. However it will require a majority vote in the Upper house and a Majority vote in the Lower House for any law to pass. Starts with a debate that shall go one week, and then one the weekend we vote.

To pass a law the Lower House would go first and if passed, it would then go to the Upper House. Since the Upper Hosue are the parties in control of the nations, they get more say in it and thus keeps the spirit of the game alive by having the main parties in each nation still control its fate.

To take a law down, a debate must go for one week expalining why it should be changed or why it should be taklen down. Then a vote starts on the weekend. As the same as before, it goes through the Lower House and then the Upper Hosue.

In both cases, the Prime Minister and the Emperor sign at the end of the vote, making it done. They can not veto the vote, it is just a way to show that the law is done and that it is now on or off.

The next part I think we all agree we should talk about is the Military.

Now there has been some concern over how this would work, and I am personally open to all proposal. However the best solution that I have come up with is the following:

The Empire has one Military. It is controled techincally by the Emperor, him being the commander-in-chief, but the Lord Grand Field Marshal is the true commander of the military. He is choosen from the VEHHG Partys and approved by the General Assembly. Their character serves for life or until his retirement. He is incharge of making sure that all the numbers are up to date on the nations military and that they are propoerly supplied. In times of War, he can either be the only one to post military orders unless the monarch issues one himself, which would require all of the VEHHG parties agreeing to in OOC before the Emperor could give such an order IC, or he can delegate to other Generals, such as the Chief of the Imperial General Staff for each nation, the commanding General that is under the Field Marshal in rank. Howqever all military matters must go through him.

The member States would be responsible for maintianing the military in that nation. For the colonies, it would be up to the colonies themselves to maintian their militarys, with the Imperial Government overseeing them to make sure everything runs smoothly. They would have to make sure that if any laws are passed in the Empire on military that they be followed.

War is declared by the same way a law is, and at the end it is signed by the Prime Minister and the Emperor.
Long Live the Empire!!!!
Duke Matthus

Postby ads-sdp » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:27 pm

On behalf of the Holy Luthori Empire, I, Monsieur Dantes, of the Alliance of Social Democrats, would like to contribute to the ongoing discussions:

1. The Luthori Empire is willing to join the Terran Empire, provided the following are addressed/ guaranteed;

2. The Chairman of the Security Council (or of the like) of the Terran Empire rotates every two years between Luthori and Alduria.

3. Luthori and Alduria are granted permanent seats on a Security Council, if formed.

4. Luthori is granted an exemption from laws that mandate military support to the Empire.

5. Empress Grace I of Mordusia is not recognized as a party within our friendly state of Mordusia.

6. Luthori is allowed to establish military bases in any of the colonial states, if necessary.

7. All Luthorian investments in the Terran Empire are backed by the full faith and credit of the Terran Empire.

8. A Parliamentary Assembly is formed within the Terran Empire, with seats allocated to member states based on monetary contributions and popularity.

9. The Imperial Court, as listed originally, is left as is.

10. The Imperial Alliance is recognized as an official majority entity within the Terran Empire. In order for a party to be represented in the Parliamentary Assembly, it must partake in the Alliance, or be given the official consent of the Alliance.

11. Luthori is awarded two colonial territories.

I look forward to engaging debate on the above issues.

Monsieur Dantes, The Viceroy
ads-sdp

Postby elleemenoh » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:07 pm

We, the GSG of Alduria, would like to enter into this discussion, if this is permissible.
elleemenoh

Postby Duke Matthus » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:09 pm

I am some what confused by some of those post, could you clarify what you mean by some of these:

1. The Chairman of the Security Council (or of the like) of the Terran Empire rotates every two years between Luthori and Alduria.
(The Empire is made up of all those lands under the monarch, so are you asking for a Security Committe to be formed in the Assmebly, or are you asking that the Field Marshal be moved every two years?)

2. Luthori and Alduria are granted permanent seats on a Security Council, if formed.
(Again everyone that is in one of the nations under the monarch is part of the Empire, so same as above.)

3. Luthori is granted an exemption from laws that mandate military support to the Empire.
(Luthori is a member state of the Empire, how can it be expempt from service to itself?)

4. Empress Grace I of Mordusia is not recognized as a party within our friendly state of Mordusia.
(The Imperial Court is trying to work something out but of couse this is a Union of all the states under the Emperor.)

5. Anything that had to do with Colonies and investment.
(This is not a new alliance, but a union of all nations under the Emperor. The Colonies are controlled not by any one member state, but by the Empire itself. Therefore it is impossible for Luthori to get two new Colonies, since all of the colonies will be part of the Empire. Which does not matter to begin with, due to the fact that all colonies belong to the crown and can have their administrations moved from one palace to another at the moment. This will change with the Imperial Government being the only one that controls them. Investments of Luthori, are investments of the Empire, which is the same thing as investments of Alduria is the investments of the Empire.

6. The membership has to be open to all parties in the nation due to the fact that it is the only way we can get voting done fairly and claim to control the nations. This is one big coroperative, and we have to follow along even if we do not agree. As I said the best example would be the EU. Nations that are seperate but are tied together. The difference is that we will have a single military force to make things simple.

Thank you, and I look forward to your answers to some of my questions.
Long Live the Empire!!!!
Duke Matthus

Postby Duke Matthus » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:10 pm

by all means welcome, this is suppose to be all parties, unless the nation is in a state of rebellion. Then only the rightful government parties.
Long Live the Empire!!!!
Duke Matthus

Postby Khaler » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:30 pm

OOC: I think colonies can not belong to characters, only to nations. IF they would, people could give them to themselves and that would basically mean they can't be removed at all from that player ever after that. As for the colony idea, it won't work either really. It is unfair, as now to take colonies would require taking over 5 or 6 nations? Because now we can claim that "Oh, you can't get the colonies even though you rule Luthori now, because they belong to the Empire that still exists in Alduria and Yishelem and etc". Now it would benefit us in the Empire greatly, but it is unfair RP and well, somewhat godmodding.
Last edited by Khaler on Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Be on your OLD GUARD, stand firm in the faith!
-1 Selucians 16:13
Khaler

Location: Great Democratic Republic of Khaleristan, a member of the caring and loving Russian Federation!

Postby Opakidabar » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:32 pm

Khaler wrote:OOC: I think colonies can not belong to characters, only to nations. IF they would, people could give them to themselves and that would basically mean they can't be removed at all from that player ever after that.

ooc: seconded.
Opakidabar

Postby Sam » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:59 pm

Khaler wrote:OOC: I think colonies can not belong to characters, only to nations. IF they would, people could give them to themselves and that would basically mean they can't be removed at all from that player ever after that. As for the colony idea, it won't work either really. It is unfair, as now to take colonies would require taking over 5 or 6 nations? Because now we can claim that "Oh, you can't get the colonies even though you rule Luthori now, because they belong to the Empire that still exists in Alduria and Yishelem and etc". Now it would benefit us in the Empire greatly, but it is unfair RP and well, somewhat godmodding.

Thirded. Didn't the mods establish a precedent about this back when we hit Sekowo?
"The FSB finally caught him for talking shit about replacing Putin with this "Saiser" character. I'm guessing they're up to his seventh toenail by now."
- Dynastia on jethro
Sam

Postby Emunim » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:12 pm

Sam wrote:Thirded. Didn't the mods establish a precedent about this back when we hit Sekowo?

OOC: Kind of. They ruled colonies couldn't be transferred from a nation to an organisation.

http://www.takeforum.com/particracy/vie ... particracy

Dynastia wrote:Can the ruling coalition transfer ownership of their nation to a party organisation to stop the opposition from taking control in the future.

JosephJ wrote:I really don't think that's legitimate, no. Especially given the fact that these regions are fully incorporated into Sekowo. It would be like the US handing over sovereignty of everything west of Chicago to George Soros.

And wasn't there a similar ruling about players not being able to own colonies in regards to Vascania and Barnwood? I'd interpret that as applying to players owning colonies through a character.
Emunim

PreviousNext

Return to Diplomacy