Emergency Meeting of the Council of NATO 2752

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Emergency Meeting of the Council of NATO 2752

Postby Mr.Yankees » Wed May 06, 2009 5:46 am

This emergency meeting of the Council of NATO is being convened to deal with the expulsion of a member, Családi Nemzet Egelion.

The member in question has ratified the Novan Terran Unification Treaty ( http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=250109 ). This treaty is an extension of the charter of Nova Terra. This treaty puts the objectives of Nova Terra before that of NATO's. And above all, this treaty clearly condones the use of terrorism, war, violence, and any other means for the destruction of our society.

All of the aforementioned goals of Nova Terra, which are now endorsed by the member in question, are a clear violation of Article 6 of the Charter of NATO which states:

"In keeping with the principles of collective security and non-agression, all member states shall refrain from using or threatening the use of force or any other inappropriate measures against another member state without due cause."

Efforts have been made to contact the leaders of the member state but these efforts have not been successful. They were fully aware that the treaty just ratified violated NATO's charter and the consequences the ratification of said treaty would bring forth.

It is a real disappointment to see one of our members endorse this evil and cruel organization. NATO members have fought very hard to maintain peace and security in Terra and to raise our prestige as a neutral alliance. We cannot allow one member to destroy the years of work the rest of us have done.

We must do what is right. I hereby present the following motion to this Council:

The Családi Nemzet Egelion is hereby stripped of its membership in the Northern Area Treaty Organization for its endorsement of violent acts of aggression in a clear violation of Article 6 of the Charter of NATO which reads: "In keeping with the principles of collective security and non-agression, all member states shall refrain from using or threatening the use of force or any other inappropriate measures against another member state without due cause." All privileges of membership in NATO given to Családi Nemzet Egelion are hereby revoked. The Családi Nemzet Egelion is hereby denied future membership unless otherwise authorized by this Council (the automatic approval rule is revoked).

It is up to the Council to now debate this motion. I would like to remind this Council that a 2/3 majority of the Council is needed for this motion to be approved and the member to be expelled. Currently, there are ten full members with vote in the Council (without counting the member in question), seven must approve of this motion for it to pass.

Thank you.

Micheal J. Johnson
Vice President of the United Republics of Lodamun
Chairman of the Council of NATO
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Re: Emergency Meeting of the Council of NATO 2752

Postby Khaler » Wed May 06, 2009 7:12 am

The Imperial Federation of Sekowo votes aye.

- Jaques Couteille, C'valyi of Sekowo
Be on your OLD GUARD, stand firm in the faith!
-1 Selucians 16:13
Khaler

Location: Great Democratic Republic of Khaleristan, a member of the caring and loving Russian Federation!

Postby drjayyy » Wed May 06, 2009 11:23 am

The republic of Cobura Votes Aye
drjayyy

Postby rep » Wed May 06, 2009 12:09 pm

The Comonwealth of Rutania votes Aye.
"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it." (Winston Churchill)
rep

Postby Duke » Wed May 06, 2009 1:07 pm

The Democratic Republic of Aloria votes AYE!
Duke

Postby National Populist » Wed May 06, 2009 5:13 pm

The Second Republic of Aldegar votes Aye.
National Populist

Postby Afrocentric » Wed May 06, 2009 8:58 pm

The Republic of Kirlawa votes Aye

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby Mr.Yankees » Thu May 07, 2009 12:04 am

Lodamun votes "aye."
Mr.Yankees

Postby Mr.Yankees » Thu May 07, 2009 4:11 am

Having obtained the 2/3 majority necessary, this motion is agreed to.

The Családi Nemzet Egelion is hereby stripped of its membership in the Northern Area Treaty Organization. All rights and privileges given to the Családi Nemzet Egelion are hereby revoked. All the staff from the Családi Nemzet Egelion is hereby ordered to vacate the premises within due time.

I want to thank this Council for taking appropriate action in regards to this matter. We have certainly set a good precedent. I also want to thank Council members for the speedy deliberation and vote in this important issue.

Thank you. This emergency meeting of the Council of NATO has adjourned.

Micheal J. Johnson
Vice President of the United Republics of Lodamun
Chairman of the Council of NATO
Mr.Yankees

Postby Opakidabar » Thu May 07, 2009 5:59 am

Mr.Yankees wrote:Currently, there are ten full members with vote in the Council (without counting the member in question), seven must approve of this motion for it to pass.

Open letter to NATO leadership,

The vote process was a logical absurd and Legal Business People will protest that in the court (ooc: once I am back in Egelion ;) ) .
If you do not count the member in question, then in hypothetical scenario of 7 nations (where 4 are ganged against the 3), those 4 can one by one eliminate all opposition (I hope you see how they can do it if member in question vote is not counted, and I hope you see how the scenario would fail if member in question vote is counted), despite it would take 6 against 3 to have the 2/3 majority.

Janos Ferenz,
Lawier of Legal Business People party
Opakidabar

Return to Diplomacy