Beiteynu-Luthori Peace Conference

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: Beiteynu-Luthori Peace Conference

Postby Xanathos » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:57 pm

"We are somewhat displeased by the intervention of the Kahina Group. An agreement was about to be reached and peace achieved, now it will be postponed by further negotiations. At the very least, we require the agreement of the King-Emperor be necessary as well as that of two thirds of both legislatures to withdraw from the treaty. We will not let the possible foolisshness of any of our descendants jeopardize the peace of the Empire."
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby Bismarkey7 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:52 pm

Beiteynuese Delegation:

"Perhaps the best option would be the following from withdrawal: The Heads of State and Heads of Government of both nations would have to approve, as well as a 2/3 majority vote in both legislatures. If and when the Kahina Group agrees on this provision, then you can take that as the signal that we agree with the whole of the treaty and can begin to draft it officially. Just to be clear, it then has to pass by 3/4 majority vote in both nations."
Bismarckian National Resistance (BNR)
Having nothing to do with Otto von Bismarck since 2758!
Bismarkey7

Postby Emunim » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:20 pm

"If the Luthori delegation were not proposing such dangerous ideas there would be no need for our interference. As it stands, they should be grateful that the major flaw in their proposal is pointed out now, rather than made clear decades later in the deaths of their descendants.

We could support a system either with HoS/HoG approval or that of the emperor along with 2/3rds of the legislative; we will leave it to the delegations here to determine which one is most favourable."

-Kahina Group
Emunim

Postby Bismarkey7 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:31 am

Beiteynuese Delegation:

"For future generations, we believe the HoS/HoG proposal makes the most sense, as, in some very distant future, there may be no such thing as an emperor (for example, a radical group takes over Luthori), which would bind both of our nations to evil. That is our take on it, anyway. Either way, the 2/3 majority vote must stand."
Bismarkey7

Postby Xanathos » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:39 pm

Luthorian delegation:

"We would like to propose a fusion of both of the Commonwealth proposals: withdrawl would require the support of 2/3 of both legislative bodies, the support of the heads of government and heads of state of both countries INCLUDING that of the King-Emperor. This would assure that a sudden upstart government in Luthori would not be able to break the ties between our two countries in the short period of time such a government would be allowed to exist (before international royalist forces defeat it). The only way the King-Emperor would be able to withdraw his part in the process, thus making his support not necessary for withdrawl, would be by renouncing all claims to the Empire and Commonwealth, something only He could do."
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby Bismarkey7 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:31 pm

Beiteynuese Delegation:

"All right, we agree with those withdrawal terms. Is that all, may we commence drafting?"
Bismarkey7

Postby Xanathos » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:35 pm

Luthorian delegation:

"Excellent, we shall commence drafting immediately. We would like to call it the Treaty of Poesy, in honor of the the host city."
Xanathos

Postby Xanathos » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:03 pm

A first draft of the treaty has been produced. We ask the Commonwealth delegates to please review it here: http://classic.particracy.net/viewtreat ... atyid=1666
Xanathos

Postby JuliaAJA » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:50 am

"I wish to discuss the monarchy below the King-Emperor. Shall the dormant Dukedoms retain the power they once held under the Kingdom of Yishelem under the Commonwealth? The Barmenian Caliph in Padrilkastan, Talmorian Malik in Quo'guen, Pontesian Emperor in Tadraki, and of course the Beiteynuese Melek in Fruskila. Also, I wish for it to be recognized that the King-Emperor will be King of the Commonwealth of Yishelem and Beiteynu and any successor state which recognizes the King-Emperor, but that the House of Yišsérles is the only true royalty of Beiteynu.

Once these issues have been addressed I would appreciate the right to sign the treaty, as I'm sure the other Regional Monarchs would."

-King Yakov II of Beiteynu, Grand Duke of Fruskila under the Kingdom of Yishelem
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby Bismarkey7 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:58 pm

Xanathos wrote:A first draft of the treaty has been produced. We ask the Commonwealth delegates to please review it here: http://classic.particracy.net/viewtreat ... atyid=1666

Be advised that the Prime Minister of the Beiteynuese Republic is now The Honourable Mrs. Carolina W. Cohen, of the BNR. All else seems in to be in order.

In addition, after the Treaty of Poesy is ratified, I suggest a Treaty for the Recognition of the Commonwealth of Yishelem and Beiteynu (with the Treaty of Poesy superseding, of course), which the BNR would gladly draft.
Bismarkey7

PreviousNext

Return to Diplomacy