Beiteynu-Luthori Peace Conference

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: Beiteynu-Luthori Peace Conference

Postby Xanathos » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:30 pm

Luthorian delegation:

"We are glad that the Beiteynese delegation is satisfied with the treaty. It shall be confirmed immediately and proposed to both legislative assemblies. In reply to the questions of the Duke of Fruskila, there shall be no change in the attribution of noble titles. Those who were dukes under the Kingdom of YIshelem shall remain dukes under the Commonwealth. However, the Commonwealth will decide how much power, if any, it decides to give to the dukes. It is their prerogative to make that decision, as per the Treaty of Poeny. Furthermore, we do not know of what King of Beiteynu you speak of. Neither the Emperor nor the IML recognize a seperate king of Beiteynu and we are not willing to recognize another king in a nation ruled by King William."
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby Xanathos » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:38 pm

The treaty has been sent to ratification stage: http://classic.particracy.net/viewtreat ... atyid=1666
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby JuliaAJA » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:43 am

"Who then decides on the existence of the Dukes, would that not lie with the King-Emperor? If the Duke of Fruskila will not be recognized as the King of Beiteynu, will he be accepted as King of the Jews?"
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby Xanathos » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:15 pm

"The King-Emperor names the dukes of all his realms. The King-Emperor will not accept another legal sovereign in His lands. If a certain Jewish congregation wishes to give the title of "King of the Jews" to the duke of Fruskila, that is his own problem and that title will be strictly a private affair. In the eyes of the Commonwealth and the Empire, he will remain the duke of Fruskila."
Xanathos

Postby JuliaAJA » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:22 am

"That would mean that the existence of the Dukes also lies with the King-Emperor, correct? Their powers and duties would still be legislated by Beiteynu, correct?"
JuliaAJA

Postby Bismarkey7 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:43 pm

OOC: Here's on update on our progress with fulfilling the Treaty of Poesy: As of 2890, the official names of the HoS, HoG, and parliament have been changed according to the treaty. The name change to the Commonwealth of Yishelem and Beiteynu has also been approved by the legislature and the rename request has been sent to the moderation team; just waiting on them to change it now.

Also, as I proposed earlier, I have drafted a treaty for the recognition of the Commonwealth of Yishelem and Beiteynu (http://classic.particracy.net/viewtreaty.php?treatyid=1671). It's pretty basic, so I appreciate any suggestions, comments, concerns, etc.
Bismarckian National Resistance (BNR)
Having nothing to do with Otto von Bismarck since 2758!
Bismarkey7

Postby Xanathos » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:45 pm

"The King-Emperor names the dukes. The Commonwealth Parliament decides what power it wants to give the dukes, if any; so to that extent, your statement is correct, yes."

OOC: Good, lets hope moderation gets to it, they havent been very active these last few days...
Xanathos

Postby JuliaAJA » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:33 pm

"That is fine with us."
JuliaAJA

Previous

Return to Diplomacy