1st Annual Meeting of the Organization of Majatran States

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: 1st Annual Meeting of the Organization of Majatran States

Postby vecchiosaggio » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:02 pm

We haven't any objections to these points suggested.

Massimo Angelini - Repubblica Istaliana
vecchiosaggio

Postby LNRulez01 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:47 am

Mr. Chairman,

- On the subject of hosting the next OMS meeting, the United Badaran Emirates would be honored to host the next meeting of the OMS, if there arent any objections about it.

- The Badaran government agrees with the representative of the Beiteynuese delegation that the Holy Luthori Empire and the United Republics of Lodamun are the best candidates for being granted Observer Status. If the other members have any objections to this or of they have other candidates we would like to hear them.

- The idea of forming a inter-continental parliament very interesting, but we dont see that happen in the next decade, but we could begin discussing creating a free trade zone (FTZ) and the better cooperation between the member states law enforcement agencies. We believe that we shouldnt intervene in the internal politics of other continents, unless we are invited to help by by said intercontinental organization. Its is our opinion that OMS should establish itself as an observer in other international organizations.

- On the issue of the TransMajatra Railroad, would that be achievable if not all countries on mainland Majatra are a member of the OMS or is that not on obstacle?

We would like to hear how the other delegates of the OMS members see these issues.

Haroun al-Rashid,
Foreign Minister of the United Badaran Emirates.
- It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal,engage them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Sun Tzu, 6th century BC
LNRulez01

Postby vecchiosaggio » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:58 pm

Mr. Chairman,

I expose my consideration about the points of discussion proposed by Haroun al-Raschid, Foreign Minister of the United Badaran Emirates.

-)full agreement for the hosting system of the annual OMS meeting proposed by Omar Utovich;
-)strong condivision about the choice for the definition of the two observer states like Holy Luthori Empire and United Republics of Lodamun;
-)about the form that OMS must have in the future, we think that the idea of an OMS Parliament should be the most important goal that this organization will try to obtain.
Perhaps we need to dialogue more for deepening about many economic and social themes. Made this it's possible to propose an appropriate system for OMS legislature representation if there will be the conditions;
-)in our opinion the first concrete goal of this meeting is to begin a discussion about the creation of a sustain fund for enterprises of our economics. A part of this fund should be dedicate for creation of new Majatran enterprises with the limit referred to mantainment of place of production on Majatran ground; another one for yet existing enterprises that can choose to bring back place of production on our continent. We have strong perplessity about embargo modality described by Utovich, because for arising OMS influence economy can be sufficient political and conventional diplomatic modalities;
-)the appoint made in last intervent by al-Raschid about TransMajatran Railroad is correct because in necessary to know if OMS contribute with its resources or if OMS is seen like a operator that help the discussion about this but in last istance is left to national enterprises to do every part of the proposed tracing. We prefer first point but with the obligation for a country to be member of OMS.

Massimo Angelini
Representative of Repubblica Istaliana
vecchiosaggio

Postby haven222 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:31 am

Mr.Chairman and honorable delegates of The Organization of Majatran States Conference

Haven WorldWide would like to provide security and protection to all TransMajatran Railways,if the Project were to become a reality.

Haven WorldWide would also be honored to train and create a continental military,such as Majatran Forces,etc.

Of course this will not happen until,a sort of Continental Currency comes into play,such as the MAJ or something.

Just a couple of ideas

CEO of Haven WorldWide,Supreme Commander of The Federation of Kafuristan,Supreme Deity of the Kafuristan Polytheistic State Religion,Haven Augustus
haven222

Postby LNRulez01 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:42 pm

Mr. Chairman,

My government strongly opposes the creation of a continental army. What would the task of such an army be? Is it going to act as a tool for the OMS the enforce their will on the sovereign members and non-members of the OMS? We would however support any peace-missions undertaken by the OMS by sending Badaran troops to help as peace-keepers. The UBE supports more cooperation between national armies, but that shouldnt develop into the merger of the armies of OMS members into a continental army.

Haroun al-Rashid,
Foreign Minister of the United Badaran Emirates.
- It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal,engage them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Sun Tzu, 6th century BC
LNRulez01

Postby JuliaAJA » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:36 pm

Mr. Chairman, Fellow Delegates, and Random Attendees,

- I agree.
- I feel we should also consider Hulstria and Talmoria, though I do strongly agree with the selection of Luthori and Lodamun.
- I like the idea of an intracontinental legislature, might lead to a supra-national nation.
- A trade agreement would be lovely, though the international currency sounds as if it might compete with the Terran Union's proposed Terran.
- I support the first proposal as an approach to intranational rail, though would support a combination of the first and second proposal for international/intracontinental rail.
Consolidation of Data wrote:Proposal 1: Subsidisation of Rail
Proposal 2: Operation of Rail
International/Intracontinental Solution 1: The TMR could own trains that will operate on intracontinental/international routes and that nations with nationalised rail companies or official monopolised rail companies other than the TMR should operate TMR trains while within their borders, while the TMR could operate the trains in nations without such companies and in non-member nations which allow us.
International/Intracontinental Solution 2: The OMS could contract with private companies to operate the routes in nations without official rail companies, while the OMS could subsidise official rail companies where they exist.
Any more suggestions?

- I like the idea of a Continental Military seperate from the national militaries. Such a force could supplement the national militaries. We should also consider at least some military cooperation among member nations, it could be greatly beneficial.

Mr. Augustus,

We would appreciate if you would only speak when spoken to. If you have something to say, ask your nation's delegate to present you properly or say it on your behalf.

His Most Holy Royal Highness, The Honourable Dr. Yahya Yišsérles II,
Governor-General and Executor of Head of State of the Commonwealth of Yishelem and Beiteynu
House of Hava Elisheva Freyda Yišsérles

OOC: vecchiosaggio: If you need help with your English grammar, I can check your english. You used a few words in atypical ways that I sometimes do.
perplessity = perplexity (just in between Italian and English)
condivision (while not officially English and not used in English, does make sense in English)
intervent = comment (mildly intelligible, but not quite)
tracing = tracking? (not sure on correctness of the word)
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby Bismarkey7 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:08 am

Mr. Chairman and Fellow Delegates,

The Governor-General makes very good points. I suggest that his points, in combination with mine, be submitted as the official position of the Commonwealth on the topics at hand, if he so agrees.

Sincerely,

Omar B. Utivich,
Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Commonwealth of Yishelem and Beiteynu
and Member of the Beiteynuese Delegation to the 1st Annual Meeting of the OMS

OOC: Not to downplay Jessaveryja, but I can help you too vecchiosaggio. I have quite some experience with the romance languages: fluent in Portuguese, pretty good spanish, and i can read French and some Italian
Bismarckian National Resistance (BNR)
Having nothing to do with Otto von Bismarck since 2758!
Bismarkey7

Postby haven222 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:13 pm

Mr.Chairman

The CEO of Haven WorldWide and also the Supreme Commander of the Kafuristan Federation Haven Augustus wishes to discuss negotiations if the TransMajatran Railway were to become a reality. Haven WorldWide is one of the most profitable corporations in Kafuristan,its reliability and efficiency as both a security and military corporation is like no other. Haven WorldWide would like to secure and protect the TMR either when its being underconstruction or is already contructed and transporting thousands of people through are beautiful continent.
haven222

Postby vecchiosaggio » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:40 pm

Mr. Chairman, Fellow Delegates,

I want to underline our opinion about proposals about TMR development
-) we need deepen better the efforts of non-member OMS nations in this project. If we want to mantain ownership of the trains we have to ask to these nations a political or economic price. We propose a light discount for moving tickets of national routes (whole kind of trasports of non-member OMS nations that take part of TMR costruction) for people of OMS nations those take part of the project.
-) about International/Intracontinental Solution 2 proposed we agree with this way to operate.
-) about protection of TMR it's not the better choice to be based on only one subject operating. We wish that every national defense force makes its part in this duty. It's possible to define a common regulation for fixing essential goals to be reached in this aspect of the project.

Massimo Angelini - Representative of Repubblica Istaliana
vecchiosaggio

Postby Jesuit » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:04 am

Selucia will be represented by:

Brother Conor de Victoria,

Former Viceroy of Uleroth and Foreign Affairs Minister of Selucia.
Jesuit

PreviousNext

Return to Diplomacy