1st Annual Meeting of the Organization of Majatran States

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: 1st Annual Meeting of the Organization of Majatran States

Postby JuliaAJA » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:34 am

LNRulez01 wrote:Mr. Chairman,

I thank you for your swift reply and i am looking forward to work together with both the Governor-General and the Foreign Minister of the Commonwealth of Yishelem and Beiteynu during the OMS meeting.

Sincerely,

Haroun al-Rashid, Foreign Minister of the United Badaran Emirates.

Minister al-Rashid,

I look forward to working with you, too. I look forward to working with everyone who attends.

Yahya Yišsérles II, Governor-General of the Commonwealth of Yishelem and Beiteynu
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby Friedrich » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:57 am

The Federal Republic of Barmenistan will be represented by its Minister of Foreign Affairs, mrs. Florence Vagan.
Friedrich

Postby Bismarkey7 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:22 pm

Esteemed Delegates,

Thank you for your patience. We are still waiting on the Repubblica Istaliana.

Sincerely,

Oscar Weinstein,
Chairman of the Committee of the First Annual Meeting of the Organization of Majatran States (OMS)
and BNR National Party Chairman

OOC: If they don't get here by 2900 then I suggest we move on.
Bismarckian National Resistance (BNR)
Having nothing to do with Otto von Bismarck since 2758!
Bismarkey7

Postby LNRulez01 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:42 pm

OOC: I second that.
- It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal,engage them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Sun Tzu, 6th century BC
LNRulez01

Postby Bismarkey7 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:24 pm

Bismarkey7 wrote:OOC: If they [the Repubblica Istaliana] don't get here by 2900 then I suggest we move on.

OOC: I retract this statement. Riforme per l'Istalia has contacted me, and they are waiting for their forum account to be activated. I suggest we either wait for them or continue and let them enter into the conversation whenever they are ready.
Bismarkey7

Postby LNRulez01 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:31 pm

OOC: In that case, i say lets wait for them, thats the most decent thing we can do.
- It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal,engage them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Sun Tzu, 6th century BC
LNRulez01

Postby vecchiosaggio » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:47 pm

The representative for Repubblica Istaliana;

Massimo Angelini
last Minister for Foreign Affaires of Repubblica Istaliana
Parlamento Istaliano give me permission to be here by a national resolutions.
vecchiosaggio

Postby Bismarkey7 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:00 am

vecchiosaggio wrote:The representative for Repubblica Istaliana;

Massimo Angelini
last Minister for Foreign Affaires of Repubblica Istaliana
Parlamento Istaliano give me permission to be here by a national resolutions.

Excellent! We can commence our meetings now. What do we wish to speak about?

Sincerely,

Oscar Weinstein,
Chairman of the Committee of the First Annual Meeting of the Organization of Majatran States (OMS)
and BNR National Party Chairman
Bismarkey7

Postby LNRulez01 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:29 pm

Mr. Chairman,

First of all, the government of the United Badaran Emirates wishes to thank the Commonwealth of Yishelem and Beiteynu for hosting the first annual meeting of the OMS.

We think that there are several issues that need attention at the moment, them being;

- The election of the next country to host the annual OMS meeting.
- The nomination of 1 or 2 Observer States.
- The discussion on what role the OMS should take in the future,
- The discussion on how to improve the economic and social situations in the OMS member states.

If the other members have anything to add we would gladly discus those issues.

Haroun al-Rashid,
Foreign Minister of the United Badaran Emirates.

Sun Tzu, 6th century BC
LNRulez01

Postby Bismarkey7 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:57 pm

Minister al-Rashid,

It is a pleasure to be holding the first meeting of our great organization in the Commonwealth. There is no need to thank us.

On your conversation topics, I suggest one more, although I imagine it could fit into the topic of "what role the OMS should take in the future":
- The TransMajatra Railroad

Here are the opinions of the Beiteynuese delegation on your previously-stated points (the Governor-General may have something to add or detract):
- The election of the next country to host the annual OMS meeting: We suggest that, as the founding nation of the OMS, the United Badaran Emirates hosts the next meeting of the OMS. Then, it would continue in order of ratification: Kafuristan Federation, Federal Republic of Barmenistan, Kalopikí Autokratoría, Federation of Zardugal, Repubblica Istaliana, and then, as we hosted this year's meeting, the Commonwealth of Yishelem and Beiteynu. That would be our rotating order, and as more countries ratified the treaty, they would be added to the list after the Commonwealth. That would eliminate the need for voting every year and would guarantee that no nation hosted a disproportionate amount of annual meetings.
- The nomination of 1 or 2 Observer States: We suggest that the Holy Luthori Empire, as head of the Axis Alliance, and the United Republics of Lodamun, as head of the NATO alliance, be granted observer stated. This is just our opinion, and we could even have more observers - perhaps one from each other continent.
- The discussion on what role the OMS should take in the future: By banding together, we have more political clout. As such, we should have diplomatic relations between the OMS and other nations. Perhaps we can even assist other continents in founding similar organizations. Like a national legislature, we should have an OMS legislature in which the citizens of member nations would elect representatives directly as they do for their national legislatures. This way, the opinions and concerns and suggestions of the people will be heard on an international level. Based on this information, we can set OMS standards and regulations that we encourage member nations to adopt. That is just one of a myriad of things the OMS can accomplish.
- The discussion on how to improve the economic and social situations in the OMS member states: The OMS as a whole can, through the situation described above, suggest economic and social regulations that may assist member nations. Economically, a trade agreement can be forged between all member nations, and perhaps, if all members agree, we can begin to develop an international currency. We will create incentives for Majatran companies to stay in Majatra and expand to the other nations of Majatra. And if push comes to shove, and it becomes necessary to impose an embargo on other nations, the OMS can institute a group-wide embargo for extra political pressure.

Of course, this is just a very simple outline.

Sincerely,

Omar B. Utivich,
Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Commonwealth of Yishelem and Beiteynu
and Member of the Beiteynuese Delegation to the 1st Annual Meeting of the OMS
Bismarkey7

PreviousNext

Return to Diplomacy