Luthori-Mordusia Conference

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: Luthori-Mordusia Conference

Postby Xanathos » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:44 pm

"Mr Oppenheimer, we agree with you that it would be hard for his Majesty to be the head of state, which is why we have recommended against it.

We find your proposal to be quite satisfactory.

We would agree to fully recognize your regime as legitimate and legal if you were to remain members of the CAT for the duration of our agreement (which means Luthorian protection of Mordusia), sign trade agreements with Luthori and allow the Emperor to keep his symboli titles in Mordusia.

We would agree to drop the Emperor's privilege to give out recognized titles of nobility in Mordusia if you were to permitt Luthori to buy the colony of New Mordusia.

We do not wish to argue about internal politics. As far as we are concerned, Mordusia has the right to implement whatever internal policies it wishes if our agreement regarding the monarch is not compromised.

We believe we have never been closer to an agreement and will begin drafting a treaty upon your confirmation of the aforementioned terms."

-His Grace, William Rannigan,
7th Duke of Utagia,
Foreign Minister,
Holy Luthori Empire
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby Duke Matthus » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:16 am

OOC: Due to this all techincally taking place in the past during Henry's reign as Emperor, Alduria can still take part in this disscussion and the treaties that may come from it.

IC: We agree with the Duke that this is the best option, while at the same time we also ask whether the Emperor could be allowed to keep the title, without exile, and hold the role of being a symbol of the nation and the unity of the people. This would allow him to be Emperor in title, while have no control over the government what so ever, and giving the people the Emperor they have come to love.

Both sides win.

-Lord Michel Frine
Minister of Foreign Affairs
The Imperial Viceroyalty of Alduria
Long Live the Empire!!!!
And while we are at it, "Hail the Holy Britannian Empire!!!!!"
Duke Matthus

Postby Rumbold90 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:08 am

"Excuse me gentlemen, but I beleive there is a misunderstanding. We do not want the Emperor to be a symbol of Mordusia, either as a member of the governemnt or a symbol non-politically. We cannot accept an monarch as a symbol for our soon-to-be communist state.

As for the sale of New Mordusia, I can unofficially say that it will exceed 750 billion Mordusian Denarii, most certainly. I will have to contact the State Council and party elders, and get back to you as soon as I possibley can."

-Erik Oppenheimer
Mordusian Minister of Foriegn Affairs
United Worker's Front
Mordusia
Rumbold90

Postby Xanathos » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:30 am

"We are not asking the Mordusian government to recognize the Emperor as a symbol, just that he be allowed to maintain his title as Emperor of Mordusia and thus that he be recognized by the government of Mordusia as such. If the people of Mordusia want to make him a symbol, that is their choice, if they do not want to, that is also their choice, we are not asking the government of Mordusia to endorse him as a symbol.

Your requested sum is acceptable. The Empire is willing to pay £ 75bn for the purchase of New Mordusia.

Please confirm that this is what the articles of our treaty would look like:

-The Head of House Orange-Villayn and House Sayon-Mordus as well as all his legal descendants will be recognized as the Emperors of Mordusia.
-This title shall confer no additional privileges that those that a normal Mordusia citizen would have.
-The Head of House Orange-Villayn and Sayon-Mordus' birthday, as well as that of all oh his descendants, shall be a national holiday in Mordusia
-Luthori and Mordusia shall sign free trade agreements.
-For the duration of this agreement, both Mordusia and Luthori shall remain members of the Commonwealth Alliance Treaty (CAT).
-Upon ratification of this treaty by both Mordusia and Luthori, Mordusia shall cede sovereignty of the Dovanian territory known as the Colony of New Mordusia to the Holy Luthorian Empire.
-Upon ratification of this treaty by both Mordusia and Luthori, Luthori shall transfer a sum of £ 75,000,000,000 to the Mordusian treasury, as payment for the purchase of New Mordusia."

7th Duke of Utagia,
Lord Great Chamberlain,
Foreign Minister,
Holy Luthori Empire
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby Duke Matthus » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:22 pm

The Consul of Alduria along with the Imperial Assembly give their consent on this matter.

-Lord Michel Frine
Minister of Foreign Affairs
The Imperial Viceroyalty of Alduria
Long Live the Empire!!!!
Duke Matthus

Postby Rumbold90 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:55 pm

"I have spoken with the State Council and the party elders, and they have agreed to accept the treaty.

There is one thing I would like to clear up about the birthday. We will only celebrate the birthday of the current reigning monarch, and when he dies we will keep that day as the official birthday of the monarch, even if his/her birthday is on a different day.

I am very glad that we were able to successfuly negotiate our terms peacefully, and even during a government change, that all nations were able to see their wishes fulfilled.

I hope to work with all you gentlemen in the future."

-Erik Oppenheimer
United Worker's Front
Mordusia
Rumbold90

Postby Xanathos » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:11 pm

"The foreign ministry is extremely glad that we have resolved this matter peacefully. We present the Treaty of Rechtenburg to review by the delegates: http://classic.particracy.net/viewtreat ... atyid=1710

We have addressed Mr Oppenheimer's concerns about the birthday holiday. We hope the treaty is satisfactory. As soon as we hear from both the other delegates, we shall move it to ratification stage."

7th Duke of Utagia,
Lord Great Chamberlain,
Foreign Minister,
Holy Luthori Empire
Xanathos

Postby Rumbold90 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:27 pm

"I would like to take the time to thank Mr. Rannigan for creating such a wonderful treaty. We will sign this treaty.

I will assume that because the treaty will soon be ratified, that the creation of the Mordusian Democratic Republic is allowed. We will begin with the process of changing governments immediately."

-Erik Oppenheimer
United Worker's Front
Mordusia
Rumbold90

Postby Duke Matthus » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:14 am

OOC: Alduria signed it in the past, but due to the current government being a Rebel Republic, it is not going to happen currently.
Long Live the Empire!!!!
Duke Matthus

Previous

Return to Diplomacy