UNT Security Council Meeting April 2760

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: UNT Security Council Meeting April 2760

Postby bucsfan47 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:42 pm

Ambassador Kent watched on as the exchange between the Pontesian Delegate and Kynes and could not help but be amused. After the Secretary General concluded his remarks Kent's aide returned to the room followed by the Zardic Ambassador to Lodamun Connor Stenson. Stenson and Kent greeted each other with a firm handshake and after a few moments of quiet discussion Kent stood to address the council.

"Ladies and Gentleman, while I have enjoyed my time as ambassador to UNT at the moment I have some pressing domestic matters that I must attend to. Mr. Connor Stenson will be taking my place for the moment. I could not think of anybody better to take my place. Thank You."

With that Kent conferred with Mr.Stenson once last time and stepped aside.

ooc: This has been consented to by Darvian who will be assuming the role of Connor Stenson.
Utinam barbari spatium proprium tuum invadant!
bucsfan47

Postby Mr.Yankees » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:02 am

*Mr. Kynes turned on his microphone*

"Ladies and Gentleman, I have in my possession a classified file I would like to discuss here. Due to the sensitivity of the information, I ask that we move this meeting to closed doors and only the ambassadors and representatives of the respective members be allowed to participate. Does anyone second my motion?"

*Mr. Kynes turns off his microphone and looks around the room*
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby Darvian » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:17 am

Conner had been listening to the meeting throughout the morning and his aides were quick to keep him updated. From what had been discussed thus far, Mr. Stenson was not in the least pleased with the manner in which the U.N.T. was functioning. It was with a high-blood pressure the protégé of the former Foreign Minister of Zardugal took leave of his offices to take over Zardugal's role in the circus. When Director-General Gould had called Mr. Stenson and informed him he was to assume the responsibilities as Ambassador unto the U.N.T. from Director of State Kent, the usually even-tempered diplomat ensured his objections to the posting were heard.

Having settled into his seat and still sorting through some paperwork the Ambassador from Lodamun broke the silence from the absurd exit of the Pontesian delegation; an event Mr. Stenson regretted not having personally seen. Mr. Stenson leaned back in his chair and folded his arms as his friend and colleague Mark Kynes finished. The Zardic Ambassador's brow narrowed. He knew Mr. Kynes well enough to know he would call for such measures for nothing. Though, still upon the Ambassadors mind was the haphazard manner in which this organization had thus far been functioning.

Mr. Stenson didn't hesitate long to stand and speak though, a moment did pass as he was miced up. "Ladies and Gentlemen, I thank you all for being here today. The role of this organization on paper and in theory are things all nations across Terra should both sponsor and stridently work towards furthering the ideals of this institution for the better of all peoples." Conner paused for a moment and continued, "I am Conner Stenson, Ambassador of the Federation of Zardugal, now you all know who I am and whom I represent. The pleasantries over ladies and gentlemen, my esteemed friend has brought up an independent issue from the ones I wish to raise here today. Though, I know Mr. Kynes wouldn't call for such a motion or precedent to be established unless whatever it is he has to say is of vital importance. The Federation of Zardugal accordingly seconds the motion."
Darvian

Postby Mr.Yankees » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:34 pm

I would like to thank my colleague from Zardugal for seconding my motion. I will now ask that this meeting moves behind closed doors so we can discuss the matter at hand. I would like to ask all ambassadors to treat the information about to be received as secret and classified.

Thank you.

Mark Kynes
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Ambassador to the UNT
United Republics of Lodamun
Mr.Yankees

Postby Mr.Yankees » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:21 am

*The Security Council is now meeting behind closed doors*

"Ladies and Gentleman, I would like to remind you once again that the information you are about to hear is classified and should be treated as such by everyone present here.

I have with me here (*points to a folder on his desk*), a classified file drafted by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence of Lodamun. This file is about a man who calls himself Palinbal Lucter. We have not been able to put a face to this mysterious person; however, we do know his current whereabouts.

Now, why do I bring up this issue? Mr. Lucter may seem like an ordinary man to many but that is not the case. In concrete, he is killer for hire and a terrorist. He is a very educated and intelligent man whose main hobby is to kill people. This man has killed nearly a dozen government officials, including one from Lodamun, and is responsible for several terrorist attacks around the world. Ladies and Gentlemen, he is a cold-blood killer who has no pity.

Our intelligence indicates that he is responsible for helping the world known "Saiser", a merciless tyrant who is responsible for the deaths of thousands of people throughout the world, escape from prison in Athlorcaea. We believe that Mr. Lucter was hired by someone to aid in the escape. We also believe that Mr. Lucter and the Saiser are still in Athlorcaea. We do not know whether they are together or not.

We do not have much information on Mr. Lucter but we know he is a white male, a rather tall figure between 5' 10" and 6' 1", always wears pants, and has a very calm demeanor.

The following psychological profile has been provided by the Central Intelligence Operations Agency of Lodamun:

To discover what makes a serial killer function, it is necessary to look back into their past, particularly their adolescent life. By looking at many and varied cases, it is evident that virtually all serial killers come from dysfunctional backgrounds involving sexual or physical abuse, drugs or alcoholism and their related problems. Many traits that seem to be universal in all these serial killers, though in varied amounts, include disorganized thinking, bipolar mode disorders, a feeling of resentment towards society brought on by their own failings, sexual frustrations, an inability to be social or socially accepted, over bearing parents and a wild imagination that tends to drag them into a fantasy world. In a chart of serial killer - childhood development characteristics - the three most frequently reported behaviors included day dreaming, compulsive masturbation, and isolation.

The daydreaming, which is brought on by an over productive imagination, tends to lead the way into the general fantasy world that the serial killer begins to live in to protect himself from any isolation he is faced with. At an early age, if a child is left alone, or forced to live in isolation whereby little attention is given to them for long periods of time, their minds become the object of their company, and thus begin the daydreams and the fantasy world .This kind of isolation tends to breed feelings of inadequacy in some way or other in all serial killers. These feelings maybe masked by numerous artificial successes, but these feelings run deeper than the normal neurotic feelings of not being good enough. Essentially, these early life attachments which are known as ‘bonding’, set up a map by which the child will in later life react to others. In such cases, the children do not learn how to interact properly within their society, and at best, turn into mirror images of their isolators. A prime example of this can be seen in the case of Kyle Burns, whose mother condemned him to the basement of their home at the tender age of ten in fear that he would molest his younger sister (though he had not given his mother any reason to think this). Confused and angry as to why he was suffering this punishment, he turned to his fantasies, which may have started out as ‘normal’, but with the continued isolation they quickly became his dominant world.

At this point, it is important to acknowledge that the majority of all daydreamers will not find themselves turning into murderers in later years; and so too, not all fantasy life is pathological. In fact, ordinary, healthy human beings often dream about their hopes and pleasures, even those that are beyond their reach. Some of these fantasies may include such deviant and bizarre sexual practices as fetishes, pedophilia, bondage, and rape because of their strong sense of conscience or concern over their public image, most will resist translating their desires into action. Detailed, ongoing research by the National Bureau of Investigations (NBI) shows that many convicted serial killers enact their crimes because of the incredibly rich, detailed and elaborate violent fantasies (including the act of murder) that have developed in their minds as early as the age of seven and eight. What distinguishes killers from ‘normal’ civilians is that the aggressive day dreams that have been developed as children, continue to develop and expand through their adolescence right into manhood, where they are finally released into the real world. Through the use of murder and mayhem, the serial killer literally chases his dream. With each successive victim, he attempts to fine tune the act, striving to make his real life experiences as perfect as his fantasy.

In most cases, there is an event known as the "Pre-crime stresser." The pre-crime stresser can be looked at as the reason for why the person turns to killing as a form of release, even if the criminal does not realize the full extent of his motivations or fails to see the reasons behind the stress he feels.

Serial murderers see themselves as dominant, controlling and powerful figures. They hold the power of life and death, and in their own eyes, they perceive themselves as God. In their fantasies and their enactment of the murder, they become God. This is actually probably the only power they have ever had, and for this reason they savor and continue to persist. Once a killer has tasted the success of a kill, and is not apprehended, it will ultimately mean he will strike again. He put it simply, that once something good has happened, something that made the killer feel good, and powerful, then they will not hesitate to try it again. The first attempt may leave them with a feeling of fear, revulsion and remorse but at the same time, it is like an addictive drug. Some killers revisit the crime scene or take trophies, such as jewelry or body parts, or video tape the scenario so as to be able to re-live the actual feeling of power at a latter date. Many have been reported as saying that they had fallen into the power of the devil after several kills, which is contradictory to their initial beliefs that they were God. It is almost as though initially they believed that they would be powerful in that they had the choice in taking or sparing life, but as time progresses, and the kills mount up, they find they are driven to kill as though they have no choice. It has been noted that many killers have attempted to get help when they discovered they had little control. They appear to want to stop their actions, but regain control to avoid their discovery. This is possibly an example of a bipolar personality clash.

Ultimately, it is virtually impossible to detect a serial killer. Many seem to be quiet normal in their everyday lives, only some actually tend to act differently to the general population.It is easy to fool society, especially psychiatrists, by simply stating what they want to hear. Nor is there any way of detecting for certain who might be a homicidal maniac. But by comparing many past cases it is possible to put together a list of general personality traits that are common in serial killers, and that may prove useful in determining future killers. Traits that should be looked at when trying to decide if a person is a potential killer include: Social withdrawal, abnormal dependence’s on ones mother or ulcerated relations with ones parents, hypochondria or other attention seeking behavior including forms of clothing, delusional mind as to grandeur, severe depression, a general feeling of emptiness as to the future, inability to take criticisms, a general feeling of being mistreated, inability to assert ones self, parental taunts as to ones inability to be sufficient, mood disorders, and a general failing in attempts to succeed.

There are seven categories of mass murderers who have somewhat different motivations and profiles. These categories include perverted love, politics and hate, revenge, sexual homicide, execution, psychotic, and unexplained.

Perverted love is defined by the concept of perverted love, with an example being the family man who kills his entire family out of his own depression or pathology.

The second type of mass murder involves politics and hate. From the murderer's perspective, the death is viewed as for the greater good because the individual has eliminated a number of people whose views differ from his or hers. Even this minimal expectation may not always be true due to the randomness of the victims. Galvanizing the alienated opposing side into political action and a cycle of revenge is also an obvious and frequently counterproductive consequence of such a terrorist choice for mass murder.

Revenge killings involve a murderer who gives "payback" to someone who is perceived to have humiliated him or her. The killer's own personal responsibility is rationalized away and blame is conveniently placed on others. One subtype of this motivation is the workplace murderer.

A significant number of killings have been perpetrated by a desire to achieve sexual gratification through inflicting pain on the victims (sadism) and/or receiving pain by being kicked, scratched, pinched, or bitten by the victim.

The execution mass murderer kills for greed and personal gain and may engage in either cold-blooded killing for profit or the unplanned execution of witnesses.

The psychotic type is a category used to describe a murderer who has a significant mental disorder.

It is our believe that Mr. Lucter falls under the Execution Mass Murderer category.

Members of the Security Council, Palinbal Lucter is a real danger to the national security of every country. We need to apprehend him as soon as possible and ask all of you sitting here today to cooperate with us. If we all cooperate, we can successfully capture Mr. Lucter and end his threat. If any of you have any information about this man, please present it to the Council.

Thank you."

Mark Kynes
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Ambassador to the UNT
United Republics of Lodamun
Mr.Yankees

Previous

Return to Diplomacy