UNT Security Council Meeting April 2760

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: UNT Security Council Meeting April 2760

Postby Mr.Yankees » Tue May 26, 2009 6:19 pm

The Prime Minister of Luthori is clearly overreacting. First and foremost, we are not invading any country. We DO NOT do that. We are sending peacekeepers into the region (if the resolution even passes). Peacekeepers do not carry any weapons at all and their job is to help citizens gain their life back. They would also try to prevent any fighting between the two sides by negotiating with them.

Let me remind the government of Luthori that Beiteynu is a member of the UNT and they have previously stated that they will cooperate in the spirit of peace.

Peacekeepers will only be sent to the area of conflict and that area.

It is the opinion of the Government of Lodamun that the Government of Luthori should issue an apology to the Security Council and its members for its deliberate and offensive comment. The UNT is committed to peace and such comments do not help us achieve that.

Thank you.

Mark Kynes
Acting Ambassador to the UNT
United Republics of Lodamun
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby 123abc123 » Tue May 26, 2009 8:17 pm

We have the situation under control now in the homeland. Now that the DSPB is gone, their militia is gone with them, a new government has came out of the recent elections, and we are passing legislation that will prevent this from happening again.

Also, we never had a civil war, it was nothing more than splinter groups of the DSPB causing local disturbances. It was nothing more that a little rabble rousing. but now it is all over. We never had a civil war, and it was not going to erupt into a situation in which the rest of our nation needed to worry.

We vote against this proposal.

-Madam Margalita Shira Bar-Nahal
Deputy Foreign Affairs Minister
Ambassador to the UNT
Medinat Yeudi Hadash haBeiteynu

OOC: Now that jess is gone, he can Rp a militia in my nation anymore, so we have peace.
123abc123

Postby Mr.Yankees » Tue May 26, 2009 8:42 pm

Lodamun will conduct its own investigation on this matter. While we do not doubt the statements by the representative from Beiteynu, we do know that there was some sort of conflict there.

We ask that all of those with information regarding this issue contact the Foreign Affairs Ministry of Lodamun or forward their statements to the Security Council to be read out loud for all members.

Thank you.

Mark Kynes
Acting Ambassador to the UNT
United Republics of Lodamun
Mr.Yankees

Postby Jay (LDP) » Wed May 27, 2009 3:50 am

As per the rights granted in the UNT Charter for non-member Foreign Ministers and Heads of State to raise issues to the Security Council, the Foreign Minister of the Holy Luthori Empire, Harry McCormack, wishes to comment on the recent discussion regarding Beiteynu.

"Firstly, on behalf of the Government of Luthori, I endorse the condemnation made by His Majesty, Emperor Maximilian III of Luthori & Alduria, of this unjustified, unnecessary and destabilising proposal made by the representative of Pontesi. The fact remains that Beiteynu has not, and will not, experience a civil war. The instigators of this internal instability have since left the nation and are no longer posing a serious threat.

It is also a fact that no evidence whatsoever has been presented to the UNT giving proof to human rights violations made by the legitimate Government of Beiteynu - in fact, the only human rights violations that have been proven were committed by the instigators who, I repeat, have since left the nation.

Secondly, without the approval of the one and only legitimate Government of Beiteynu, any 'inspection' of their nation would be completely unjustified and cannot be tolerated. Madam Margalita Shira Bar-Nahal, representative of Beiteynu, has confirmed that her Government will not accept any foreign intervention into their own, sovereign nation and her statements have the full backing of the Holy Luthori Empire.

Lastly, I wish to re-iterate the point made by His Majesty, Emperor Maximilian III of Luthori & Alduria that we will not be tolerating, under any circumstances, any foreign 'inspections' of the Kingdom of Yishelem. Failure to comply with this statement will result in a serious de-stabilisation of relations and will ensure a retaliation.

We hope that our words will be taken into consideration as the issue is discussed further.

Regards,

Mr Harry McCormack
Minister of Foreign Affairs for the Holy Luthori Empire"
Particracy Game Moderator

Vanukese Conservatieven
Jay (LDP)

Postby Freelancer » Wed May 27, 2009 5:00 am

Pontesi representative stand and bow to the members of the Security Council before speaking about Luthori statement.

"With all due respect to the Luthori representative and His Majesty, Emperor Maximilian III, we have recieved no evidence presented to this council that support the claim that the civil war and the human right violation doesn't existed. Only a words from Beiteynu and yourself here. We're deeply offended that you have stated that Pontesi have made an unjustified claim in this matter when we have provided many evidences to support our claim, the evidences that the Luthori delegate have not speak about when we had already provided it to the council, evidences that no Beiteynu delegate can or had made any attempt to decline that it never existed. We have recieved no confirmation that the Southwestern Jewish Homeland of Beiteynu had ceased to exist and only that the political party that leads this newly created kingdom have decided to go underground which could indicates many things including a guerrila wargare. They are still a serious threat to Northern Majatran and to your Kingdom of Yishelem."

Mr. Beck stop and take a sip of his water.

"The government of Beiteynu are attempting to deflect this mattered by refusing to accepted that this civil war start because of their prejudice law aganist minority. Like this one again. Beiteynu government have shown again and again that they are capable and willing to lie to save faces and their zionist self such as the event at Change in Delteria Conference in which the childish claim that a John Hagge lookalike is there instead of Mr.Hagge himself or when they quickly change their stand aganist Schitizm when they are threatened by another nation government. The government of Beiteynu have shown that they are unable to govern themself and to give equal right to minority and majority which leads at first to the needs for the creation of Pontesian Protectorate and the Kingdom of Yishelem to protect the Christian and the Pntek. Even now their nation are still trying to usurp Yishelem.."

Pontesian representative slowly turn to Luthori delegate.

"As you may aware, Pontesi is one of the first nation to recognize the Kingdom of Yishelem while even to this moment Beiteynu still claim their illegitimate rule over the land of Emperor Maximilian III. As we have recognize your nation, we don't see them as Beiteynu land and will not make any attempt to inspect them in any matters. We respectfully asked that Yishelem support our motion for the peace of Northern Majatran."

Stephen Beck bow to the council and return to his seat.
Freelancer

Postby Mr.Yankees » Wed May 27, 2009 6:12 am

*To the surprise of everyone present at the meeting of the Security Council, President Gregory Kynes entered the room. His presence at the meeting had not been previously disclosed and his intentions were unknown. He approached the center podium, usually reserved for important speeches, and began speaking.*

"Ladies and gentlemen of the Security Council, I come to you here today not only as President of Lodamun but as a citizen of the world. Time and time again throughout history, we have seen discussions over very simple issues, such as the ones you are having here right now, turn into unnecessary violent conflicts. Ladies and Gentlemen, this is NOT the time to have such conflict.

This Council has been debating, and I want to clearly emphasize debating, a resolution calling for inspections on Beiteynu to make sure the situation there is safe and it does not present a security concern for the continent and Terra.

Gentlemen (he paused for a second), we are all here for one purpose: we want peace and security.

This situation has been clearly overreacted to by some and over analyzed by others. There is absolutely no need for threats. Those who resort to threats are not only weak-hearted but they also have something to hide or fear. This is NOT the time for threats against one another. This is not the time for pointless accusations against one another. We must look forward. We must live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may not come.

It is with this in mind, ladies and gentlemen, that I ask everyone involved in this matter to take a second look at the situation. Think about it once again. Do it while you are in the comfort of your office or accompanied by your family or loved ones. A second look at it may raise a new perceptive in your mind.

How is one to live a moral and compassionate existence when one is fully aware of the blood, the horror inherent in life, when one finds darkness not only in one's culture but within oneself? If there is a stage at which an individual life becomes truly adult, it must be when one grasps the irony in its unfolding and accepts responsibility for a life lived in the midst of such paradox. One must live in the middle of contradiction, because if all contradiction were eliminated at once life would collapse. There are simply no answers to some of the great pressing questions. You continue to live them out, making your life a worthy expression of leaning into the light.

Members of the Council, we cannot and will not let pointless rhetoric and accusation divert us from the true problems this world faces. On this day, you gather here because you have chosen hope over fear, unity of purpose over conflict and discord. What the cynics fail to understand is that the ground has shifted beneath them...that the stale political arguments that have consumed us for so long no longer apply. Today, ladies and gentlemen, I ask you and all of those spectators to take this one step at a time, to relax, and to understand that Terra not only wants unity but needs unity. We cannot let the citizens of Terra down. This Council has that purpose and I will work as hard as I can to see that purpose achieved at all times.

I want to thank you for your time and patience. Remember that if we value independence, if we are disturbed by the growing conformity of knowledge, of values, of attitudes, which our present system induces, then we may wish to set up conditions of learning which make for uniqueness, for self-direction, and for self-initiated learning. Have a Good Day!

*President Kynes quickly stepped down from the podium. As he was making his exit, he stopped to greet a few of the ambassadors present at the meeting. This was certainly and unexpected yet pleasant speech.*
Mr.Yankees

Postby Boris » Wed May 27, 2009 11:16 pm

The Istalian Republic decided to support the intervention in Beytenu in the name of peace and justice for all the inhabitants of Beytenu, particularly the minorities. We also want to fight against all grows of mass-destruction weapons.

Benito Giovannitti
Ambassador to the UNT
Repubblica Istaliana
Boris

Postby bucsfan47 » Wed May 27, 2009 11:31 pm

Ambassador Kent had been listening intently to the discussions for awhile now. He heard from all the speakers and was simply amazed that the discussion was still even taking place. He rose from his seat to address the council.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, why are we wasting our time discussing a mute issue?" He paused and looked upon the council.

Madam Margalita Shira Bar-Nahal has stated that her nation is against the shady idea of the Pontesian Representative and that her nation will take care of the problem ( which is nonexistent) themselves. SOVEREIGNTY ladies and gentleman, it means that government has supreme authority within their territories. Zardugal will not vote for any proposal that violates this ideal that is the foundation for the society that we all live in today. There was no civil war folks, and to assume so is preposterous . The government has stated that there was simply rabble rousing by an unstable group of citizens. Those citizens have since left the nation or have returned to their homes and live out their lives peacefully.

Lets open ours eyes people.It is no secret that Pontesia has had aspirations of bring Beitenyu under their control. We need only refer to The Beth Haccherem - Lerna Teleconference on the matter of Tadraki of 2747. In which Pontesia attempts to assert control over a large portion of Beitenyu. The treaty was wisely defeated in Beitenyu and now Pontesia is attempting to circumvent the treaty and use the UNT to assert control. I for one am not falling for it.

Ambassador Kent then returned to his seat and scribbled on a legal pad and slid it across to his aide, who quickly exited the room.

Bruce Kent
UNT Ambassador from Zardugal
Chancellor of Zardugal
Last edited by bucsfan47 on Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Utinam barbari spatium proprium tuum invadant!
bucsfan47

Postby Freelancer » Thu May 28, 2009 4:05 am

Pontesian delegate can only shake his head after the Zardugal delegate finished his speech before standing up and address the council one more time.

"Once again, I found myself and my country attacked and insulted, by this proposterous accusation. No evidence provided, just pure imaginary accusation supported by their limited knowledge into the situation inside the country and their belief in the government who had been known to lie to the world community before."

"It's no secret that we firmly believe that Tadraki is righyfull an extention of our Empire, but we also agreed to the Lodamun representative that the peacekeeper will be unarmed except for ASP Batons and Shield to defended themself if necessary. How may I ask can unarmed people take over the country full of war? The Beth Haccherem - Lerna Teleconference on the matter of Tadraki of 2747 was drafted by Beiteynu, the same one that have ignited this civil war, we weren't in any negotiation with them and the treaty was put into consideration and voted by the parliament after the Beiteynu Ambassador urge us to do so!"

He paused and take a sip from his glass of water before finishing his speech.

"Again, to the respective member of the UNT Security Council. The failure of Beiteynu to control the situation, to protect their WMD, and to protect the right of minority is dangerous to Terra. If the UNT failed to act to defend the region; our believe in this organization may be destroyed."

He bowed and returned to his seat.
Freelancer

Postby Mr.Yankees » Thu May 28, 2009 4:48 am

*The Lodamese Ambassador listened with disgust to the back and forth debate between the members of the Council*

"Gentlemen, I am, at the very least, very disappointed with you. You are arguing with each other in a personal matter. That is not what we are here to do. President Kynes just gave a speech calling for prudence, patience, and positive debate. It is apparent to me that it has gone unnoticed by everyone.

Mr. Kent, the Security Council is currently debating this issue. It is within our right to debate AND investigate this matter. I still do not understand why you and others and trying to stop us from merely discussing the issue. I will not form any hypothetical and I don't want to. I will put faith in the great relationship Zardugal and Lodamun have. I am certain that you are doing what you are doing in the best interest of Beiteynu and I truly respect that, as should everyone else. However, we do have the right to debate and investigate. Your point has been taken into account but please allow us to further debate the issue without the need for tough language against one another.

I will like to remind the Pontesian representative that this is just a debate and the Security Council has not taken any actions yet. If we consider that the sitution merits some sort of response, we will do so. However, if the situation does not, we will not take any unnecessary action. Pontesi has to realize that we will not just sanction a country because someone made a claim. It will be thoroughly investigated and debated. Inaction does not mean failure. To the contrary, inaction when action is not needed is the correct step to take. I ask the Pontesian delegate the same thing I asked Mr. Kent. Let us debate this without petty arguments and personal attacks. This is not the place for that. Rest assured that the UNT will always put the safety of the citizens of Terra at the forefront and we will take any action necessary to accomplish that.

To conclude my statement, I would like to ask both sides of the "argument" to present evidence to prove their claims. While we might trust the word of those seated here today with us, it is not enough. The Pontesian representative must meet the burden of proof. Likewise for Beiteynu. We expect a fully detailed briefing by both delegates (anyone in the Council with additional information is welcomed to participate) as soon as possible.

Now, why don't we take a quick recess and go get lunch? It will help everyone relax a bit. We will adjourn for one hour. (OOC: Keep posting as you like. I made that up as it seemed to go with the flow of my speech)

Thank you."

*After finishing his statement, Ambassador Kynes stood up from his seat and signaled over to Mr. Kent with his right hand as if wanting to talk to him in private*
Mr.Yankees

PreviousNext

Return to Diplomacy