Energy Convention 2936 [EnCon 2936]

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Energy Convention 2936 [EnCon 2936]

Postby beeman » Mon May 10, 2010 9:09 am

The JayCo Building -- 800 Bell Street, Azban, Marligantos

Welcome to the JayCo Building in Azban, Marligantos.

Here, industry icons and leaders of the world meet to discuss "Tomorrow's Energy Today"

Enjoy your stay!

OOC:
Anyone is welcome to attend! Note that this is NOT a government sponsored event, rather one sponsored by the corporate political party JayCo. Government officials are still welcome, though. Business attire is required. If you'd like to post in game, feel free to do so here: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=290293

Any questions, feel free to ask!
beeman

Re: Energy Convention 2936 [EnCon 2936]

Postby Xanathos » Mon May 10, 2010 2:27 pm

Representatives from Hexlon Imperial Energy Co. would very much like to attend this meeting.

Hexlon Imperial is a multinational conglomerate and the largest corporation in Luthori, where it holds a virtual monopoly on energy. Although it was initially only a petroleum extracting firm it now has many branches and has diversified into a wide range of sectors, including defense, heavy industry, finance and shipping. It has major operations in Luthori, Namviet, Talmorschland, New Alduria, Mordusia, New Mordusia and Kafuristan. Its major stockholders include prominent members of House Orange-Villayn (Luthori royal family), House Jackson (Duke of Geharon's family) Lord Kriueger Weithard, Imperial Chancellor. It is to note that despite its stockholders and occasional contracts with the Imperial government, Hexlon Standard is a private, though publicly traded corporation which is not owned by the Luthorian government.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby beeman » Tue May 11, 2010 1:55 am

JayCo Chairman/CEO Beeman would be happy to receive Representatives from the Hexlon Imperial Energy Company.
beeman

Postby beeman » Tue May 11, 2010 7:44 am

9:00 AM - 42nd Floor, JayCo Building, Azban, Marligantos

It was the big day. JayCo's Energy Convention 2936 would be opening today and it was his honor and duty to open it.

Mengistu Haile Beeman adjusted his tie as he looked out over the city. Below, black sedans were pulling in front of the building as executives were pouring into the building.

The multi-day convention had brought a flurry of activity to Azban, Marligantos, Gaduridos -- even the world. Everyone was watching in wonder of what to make of this corporate spectacle.

Mengistu nodded to his aides and left his office that consumed a third of the floor. He entered the elevator and descended to the 22nd.

He exited into a packed hallway. The grand doors to the giant boardroom, now converted into a ballroom with theatre style seating, were already open. Members from security cleared a pathway as the Chairman/CEO entered to resounding applause and ascended the stage.

Mengistu Haile Beeman, JayCo Chairman/CEO wrote:Thank you everyone. On behalf of JayCo, welcome to EnCon 2936! JayCo is proud to sponsor this forum so government officials and industry icons can discuss Tomorrow's Energy Today.

Throughout the convention, we will have a chance to discuss future energy options with the leading authorities in our industry. We will also have a chance to develop solutions to pollution and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.

Together, we can transform Gaduridos's - and the world's - energy future.

Thank you again for your attendance. I now announce EnCon 2936 to be officially open!

Mengistu Haile Beeman, JayCo Chairman/CEO, taking his seat.
beeman

Postby Xanathos » Tue May 11, 2010 3:07 pm

9:10 AM - 42nd Floor, JayCo Building, Azban, Marligantos

Lord Darius Carheim, Earl of Lanahue and Chief Executive Officer of Hexlon Imperial took to the stage after Chairman Beeman to begin his opening address:

On behalf of Hexlon Imperial Energy Co, I am delighted to be here in Gaduridos to discuss the global issue of energy and assure that it remains cheap and plentiful for everyone!

It has always been Hexlon's view that petroleum should not, if possible be used to create energy. Indeed, it is available only in limited quantities and has also many other purposes, primarily as fuel and as the key ingredient in petrochemistry. Although, for now, petroleum is still plentiful, we must be wary of exhausting its reserves and focus on other energy types. We believe nuclear energy, which is already widely used throughout the Luthori Empire, is the best way to provide electricity. Indeed, it is clean, safe and immensely powerful. Hexlon Imperial is willing and able to cooperate with other firms, such as JayCo, to develop ways to maintain a nuclear fusion reaction to produce electricity. We believe that is the XXXth century's challenge.

Thank you for your attention.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby beeman » Wed May 12, 2010 10:36 am

9:30 AM - 42nd Floor, JayCo Building, Azban, Marligantos

Beeman liked what he heard and arranged for a meeting among Lord Carheim and himself. Perhaps a joint nuclear operation would be viable in Vespiano.

Mengistu Haile Beeman, Chairman/CEO wrote:Thank you Lord Carheim. As you know, it will be key to balance the growing energy for demand while reducing environmental impact.

For that reason, our company would like to propose a joint venture in Vespiano: The Vespiano Nuclear Power Plant (VNPP).

JayCo has a legacy of innovation and it would be our honor to have our 20,000 scientists and engineers work with your staff. JayCo is committed to spending $5 billion in technology and applications.

We hope this investment in human and financial capital will yield greater dividends in new technology and the ability to generate energy for more people in a more environmentally responsible manner.
beeman

Postby Xanathos » Wed May 12, 2010 2:14 pm

9:25 AM - 42nd Floor, JayCo Building, Azban, Marligantos

Lord Carheim was very pleased about the private discussion with Mr Beeman, however, he did have one question.

Mr Beeman, Hexlon is very excited about commencing new projects with JayCo, however, I must ask you, where exactly is Vespiano?

Anyway, I am sure that upon discovering the exact details of the project, Hexlon Imperial will also be happy to commit £250 million* to a joint enterprise.

OOC: *£250 million is approximately equal to $5 billion.
Xanathos

Postby beeman » Thu May 13, 2010 9:34 am

9:40 AM - 42nd Floor, JayCo Building, Azban, Marligantos

The room had a laugh when Lord Carheim asked where Vespiano was. Beeman approached the man and led him to the window and pointed to a dark plume of smoke in the vast distance.

Mengistu Haile Beeman, Chairman/CEO wrote:Our new technological innovations will transform cities like Vespiano from slums to commercial paradises.

We will be able to accomplish this provided we are just as practical as we are innovative. Designing something that will make an impact rather than impacting a design that no one will use.

During lunch or even far after this conference, you will come to understand what it means to optimize and streamline something as opposed to overanalyzing and micromanaging.

It may take you multiple tries to succeed, but perseverence will carry the day. Vespiano was not built in one day and the Communists were not expelled from this country in one battle.

We must apply the lessons we learn from history, today to make a better tomorrow.

If there is one thing that resonates with you all once you leave here today, I hope it is this philosophy. As Chairman/CEO of JayCo, I declare the Energy Convention of 2936 closed! Thank you to Hexlon; thank you to all!
beeman

Return to Diplomacy